• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious It's Official! Sinkies Own Their HDB Flat! Oppies, Pls Stop Spreading Lies That HDB Is A Long-term Tenancy!

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I do not understand where your vitriol is coming from and what precipitated it.

The PAP of the first generation were the selfless stewards whom shaped Singapore into what it is today. The likes of Hon Sui Sen, Lim Kim San, et al. They were truly folks who were worth their salt and worked for the populace.

Things started to change in the 80s when you start to see the warp in the morale fibre amongst the ranks. The persecution against dissent started and the dark desire to hold on to power and leaving no regards to the gentlemen's fair play simply drove the first trench of exodus there and then.

The introduction of GRC simply strengthened the resolve of my kakis and I to fuck the PAP at every single opportunity we have. Haven't looked back since.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
[QUOTE="Leongsam, post: 2782795, member: 1"

I can assure everyone that regardless of the shortcomings of the HDB scheme there is no other country in the world where individuals can make money out of public housing.

In NZ, OZ, UK etc the lower income are provided with public housing at a subsidised RENTAL rate. Occupiers of public housing have no chance whatsoever of making a cent... EVER!

There is no option to buy a state house but if they do go on the market for redevelopment the tenant is simply offered another state house in a different location.

NZ is now TRYING to come up with low cost housing for sale but the scheme is doomed to failure because there is no proper organisation behind the scheme. It is a one off effort to try to alleviate the current housing shortage.

A young couple in Auckland who want to buy a home are now looking at prices way beyond their reach in the region of $600,000 for the most basic of homes. They need to front up with 20% before they qualify for a bank loan. That's $120,000. How many kiwis in their 20s or early 30s have this sort of money lying around? The answer is very very few. Most are therefore doomed to be renters for the rest of their lives.

Singaporeans really have to count their blessings. They just don't know how lucky they are.[/QUOTE]

]I do not understand where your vitriol is coming from and what precipitated it.

me toot me too
, me dont under-stand your constant shouting of crude bitter invective at the chinks ,
what precipitated it ahh ?

I can assure everyone that regardless of the shortcomings of the HDB scheme there is no other country in the world where individuals can make money out of public housing.

i can assure you and onli u that regardless of the fictitious perfection of the HDB scheme
there is no other country in the world where a government dept can make billions out of public housing.

In NZ, OZ, UK etc the lower income are provided with public housing at a subsidised RENTAL rate. Occupiers of public housing have no chance whatsoever of making a cent... EVER!
in sillypoore the lower income have no chance of renting a flat from the garberment.
those able to rent one belong to the lowest of the low in the income group.
and they go through a strict checking , verification process
the poor have to explain why they are so poor.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
...Singaporeans really have to count their blessings. They just don't know how lucky they are.

The only people who are making money and reaping the benefits are only THE SELECTED and LEElated FEW. The real CONSEQUENCES are beginning to surface out now. Pseudo-assets [or as-SAD] claimed back and future generations unable to afford or having to work their whole life to SERVICE public housing, etc...
What is touted as beneficial and good usually does not turn out to be true, especialLEE from cheating and lying self-serving people or LEEders.
Apology Sam... your assurance means nothing to the people of Singapore. It doesn't help what is realLEE in store, and in the emptied storeroom.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
CPF used to be Savings for Retirement, HDB used to be affordable housing for the masses.

No thanks to the minimum sum and massive holes poked into CPF, sky rocketing prices simply adds salt to the wound. Now adding CPF Life, Medishield Life and what-nots... :mad::mad::mad:

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP of the first generation were the selfless stewards whom shaped Singapore into what it is today. The likes of Hon Sui Sen, Lim Kim San, et al. They were truly folks who were worth their salt and worked for the populace.

Things started to change in the 80s when you start to see the warp in the morale fibre amongst the ranks. The persecution against dissent started and the dark desire to hold on to power and leaving no regards to the gentlemen's fair play simply drove the first trench of exodus there and then.

The introduction of GRC simply strengthened the resolve of my kakis and I to fuck the PAP at every single opportunity we have. Haven't looked back since.

It could have been BETTer if not for a few egoistic, SELF-SERVING LEEders and their woof-woofs. THEN and NOW.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
CPF used to be Savings for Retirement, HDB used to be affordable housing for the masses.

No thanks to the minimum sum and massive holes poked into CPF, sky rocketing prices simply adds salt to the wound. Now adding CPF Life, Medishield Life and what-nots... :mad::mad::mad:

Yes there are loads of schemes and acronyms but you have to realise that they are all beneficial to Singaporeans.

HDB apartments are affordable. How much does a 3 room apartment cost direct from the HDB? The answer is around $200,000 which is dirt cheap by any standard.

I recently paid $485,000 for a ONE bedroom apartment in Auckland and the conservancy fees are almost $5000 per year. Sydney, Melbourne etc are just as expensive.

In Singapore $200,000 gets you into the property market into a nice, comfortable 3 room flat. In Auckland that is just enough for the 20% downpayment for a flat of a similar size.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes there are loads of schemes and acronyms but you have to realise that they are all beneficial to Singaporeans.

HDB apartments are affordable. How much does a 3 room apartment cost direct from the HDB? The answer is around $200,000 which is dirt cheap by any standard.

I recently paid $485,000 for a ONE bedroom apartment in Auckland and the conservancy fees are almost $5000 per year. Sydney, Melbourne etc are just as expensive.

In Singapore $200,000 gets you into the property market into a nice, comfortable 3 room flat. In Auckland that is just enough for the 20% downpayment for a flat of a similar size.

Where can I buy a 3 room HDB for $200K ?

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
[QUOTE="Leongsam, post: 2782795, member: 1"

There is no option to buy a state house but if they do go on the market for redevelopment the tenant is simply offered another state house in a different location.

NZ is now TRYING to come up with low cost housing for sale but the scheme is doomed to failure because there is no proper organisation behind the scheme. It is a one off effort to try to alleviate the current housing shortage.

A young couple in Auckland who want to buy a home are now looking at prices way beyond their reach in the region of $600,000 for the most basic of homes. They need to front up with 20% before they qualify for a bank loan. That's $120,000. How many kiwis in their 20s or early 30s have this sort of money lying around? The answer is very very few. Most are therefore doomed to be renters for the rest of their lives.

Singaporeans really have to count their blessings. They just don't know how lucky they are.

me toot me too
, me dont under-stand your constant shouting of crude bitter invective at the chinks ,

i can assure you and onli u that regardless of the fictitious perfection of the HDB scheme
there is no other country in the world where a government dept can make billions out of public housing.

in sillypoore the lower income have no chance of renting a flat from the garberment.
the poor have to explain why they are so poor.[/QUOTE]

Singaporeans must see what is perceived reaLEEty and true reaLIty. Deceive Perception . a bitter pill to swallow...Singapore shall pay and pay to learn.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
me toot me too

the poor have to explain why they are so poor.

Singaporeans must see what is perceived reaLEEty and true reaLIty. Deceive Perception . a bitter pill to swallow...Singapore shall pay and pay to learn.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

For some one is is really poor...to be able top afford a $200K public housing HDB flat is near impossible.

For people who can buy $500K 1 bedroom apts, of course $200K HDB flat is cheap....but relative to income earning ability, it is not.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just like the HDB flats, cars in Singapore are also dirt cheap and affordable.
What does your painted scenario of Auckland attest to? Using the LAST to compare and justify does not make the second-LAST a good performer. Individual perception and interpretation do differ, and partly due to personal experiences.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed.
For some one is is really poor...to be able top afford a $200K public housing HDB flat is near impossible.
For people who can buy $500K 1 bedroom apts, of course $200K HDB flat is cheap....but relative to income earning ability, it is not.

This is present day Singapore and the arrogant, complacent and incompetent self-serving LEEders are responsible for it. What's in store for young average Singaporens of future generations? Open the eyes to see, the brain to think and the heart to feel.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where can I buy a 3 room HDB for $200K ?

If you can afford to buy a $485K 1 bedroom apt in Auckland...you can jolly well afford the $5K pa conservancy fees.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please don't throw apples and oranges. In Singapore, oranges from different countries are prized differently.
A one-room apartment means differently also. It's dependent on location, ASIS unit, land owner, etc...

1535862593217.pngCost of living
What it costs to live in New Zealand may be quite different from your home country. How it compares depends on where you are coming from and what part of New Zealand you settle in.
If you have just arrived in New Zealand you may find the cost of living is more (or less) than you expected. Use this calculator to find out what your income and expenses may be...

https://www.newzealandnow.govt.nz/living-in-nz/money-tax/comparable-living-costs

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Just like the HDB flats, cars in Singapore are also dirt cheap and affordable.
What does your painted scenario of Auckland attest to? Using the LAST to compare and justify does not make the second-LAST a good performer. Individual perception and interpretation do differ, and partly due to personal experiences.

But it's the same in all major cities around the world not just Auckland.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
If you can afford to buy a $485K 1 bedroom apt in Auckland...you can jolly well afford the $5K pa conservancy fees.

The issue is not affordability for me. I am rich. I'm talking about the younger generation who are starting out in life and would like to have a place they can call their own. In Singapore it is easy. In most other developed cities around the world it is very, very difficult.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Please don't throw apples and oranges. In Singapore, oranges from different countries are prized differently.
A one-room apartment means differently also. It's dependent on location, ASIS unit, land owner, etc...

View attachment 46934Cost of living
What it costs to live in New Zealand may be quite different from your home country. How it compares depends on where you are coming from and what part of New Zealand you settle in.
If you have just arrived in New Zealand you may find the cost of living is more (or less) than you expected. Use this calculator to find out what your income and expenses may be...

https://www.newzealandnow.govt.nz/living-in-nz/money-tax/comparable-living-costs

I'm comparing a city to a city. There are cheaper homes in rural NZ but there are no jobs unless you don't mind being a farm hand or a fruit picker.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
The issue is not affordability for me. I am rich. I'm talking about the younger generation who are starting out in life and would like to have a place they can call their own. In Singapore it is easy. In most other developed cities around the world it is very, very difficult.

You must compare apples with apples.

You did say that a $200K HDB flat is dirt cheap by any standards...even when you are earning $1.2k per month?

Your $485K 1 bedroom apartment in central Auckland is a niche market that only the rich can afford.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Agreed.

For someone who is low income they can rent a small unit directly from HDB for a nominal sum. The units are not the lap of luxury but they have all the basics, running water, electricity, proper toilet. In many countries the poor live in shacks with no utilities whatsoever.

1535863547323.png

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal

In Singapore, tenants of HDB flats are made to pay thousand$ of dollar$ per year. To the HDB and the town councils, NOTHING IS FREE. Even the upkeep of common areas is paid for by YOU, the tenants. We are told to believe what the LEEders want us to hear.
It's time to awaken. Open our eyes to OBSERVE, permit our brains to THINK, and allow our hearts to FEEL.
Living things respond and react to favourable and unfavourable stimuLEE.