• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is it true that SAF Armour no malays?

Simbian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha ha. I remember my CO telling us that no one is supposed to talk openly about this policy. An older NSF who came back from studies to do his time queried if this was already outdated, given it was the 21st century. The CO gave the usual spiel about security during peacetime, etc, and even back then, we all thought it was a whole lot of BS.

Let me put this clearly, this policy persists because no one cares about confronting the 800 pound gorilla in the room. Not the NSFs doing their time, not the regulars in their jobs, and definitely not the scholars who have their plates stuffed with requests for policy papers which will never be implemented anyway.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha ha. I remember my CO telling us that no one is supposed to talk openly about this policy. An older NSF who came back from studies to do his time queried if this was already outdated, given it was the 21st century. The CO gave the usual spiel about security during peacetime, etc, and even back then, we all thought it was a whole lot of BS.

Let me put this clearly, this policy persists because no one cares about confronting the 800 pound gorilla in the room. Not the NSFs doing their time, not the regulars in their jobs, and definitely not the scholars who have their plates stuffed with requests for policy papers which will never be implemented anyway.

The structure of the armed forces is somewhat troubling. First, people do a "tour of duty" in the upper levels of command. They have an appointment for 1-2 years, and then afterwards move on. People are rotated in and out. There's no real ownership, and no incentive to stick around and make things truly better.

Singapore has an extremely high budget for our military. One of the top 10 in the world. As a proportion of our GDP it is even higher than Israel, who actually have to fight a constant war. What are they doing right that we are doing wrong?

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
No worries bro.

No Malays in sensitive army position is alleged to be in place because for our country's security. They don't want to arm the Malays with weapons or information so if one day Malaysia attack Singapore, Singaporean Malays will sympathise with the north and jump ship. i think this is BS but why do you think the Gahmen never trust Malay? Why increasing FT PRC, pinoys and Indian populations but never ever take in Malays (Musilms) from Malaysia or Indonesia??? Malays represent Musims so this brand of racism is also always religious suppression.

Just in case you wonder, i am only stating my observations and trying to rationalise in order to answer this tread, if my postings offend your racial and religious sensitivity, my deepest regret and apology.
After 911, a team of JI operatives drove around Singapore to scout for bombing targets, including lky fake old house on oxley road. You can cry father cry mother, but the Muslim fundamentalists are not rational type.

You can also mingle with some of the Malays, they are still talking about identity as Malaya Malays, and even the birth rights of malays to the Malaya archipelago. So long as UMNO is still using the racial cards in politics, the non Malays in this region cannot put down their guards.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
After 911, a team of JI operatives drove around Singapore to scout for bombing targets, including lky fake old house on oxley road. You can cry father cry mother, but the Muslim fundamentalists are not rational type.

You can also mingle with some of the Malays, they are still talking about identity as Malaya Malays, and even the birth rights of malays to the Malaya archipelago. So long as UMNO is still using the racial cards in politics, the non Malays in this region cannot put down their guards.

There are two things: if you leave Malays out of sensitive areas of the military, it sacrifices unity between Singaporean citizens.

If you put them into sensitive vocations, you worry that the information can be abused in terrorist attacks. But then you'd also have to exclude Malays from working on our oil refineries, our shipyards, our construction sites, our airport, our transport system - where does it end?

I think if you can trust a Malay policeman to go after Mas Selamat, you shouldn't worry about the terrorism aspect when you put Malays in these units.

6000kmApart

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is a known fact, if you have not already known, that there were Chinese traitors aiding the Japanese during the fall of singapore. So how do we prevent this?

Talking about Malaya Malays and birth rights of malays are not tantamount to betraying the nation. We have Chinese here having emotional and cultural connections with mainland China. Do you fend against them?

Sybase

We have Chinese here having emotional and cultural connections with mainland China. Do you fend against them?

Yes, its true that we have a cultural connection. We also have a racial and cultural connection with PAP too. Will we fight because we embrace different ideologies?

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are two things: if you leave Malays out of sensitive areas of the military, it sacrifices unity between Singaporean citizens.

If you put them into sensitive vocations, you worry that the information can be abused in terrorist attacks. But then you'd also have to exclude Malays from working on our oil refineries, our shipyards, our construction sites, our airport, our transport system - where does it end?

I think if you can trust a Malay policeman to go after Mas Selamat, you shouldn't worry about the terrorism aspect when you put Malays in these units.
The risk is in 18 year old hot heads. Giving them highly dangerous killing machines is asking for trouble. A single incident of a Malay trainee going berserk with machine gun hosing down his platoon mates is going to tear the society apart. Anyway, the Malays have easier time as NSF in police and scdf, so what's the beef?

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is a known fact, if you have not already known, that there were Chinese traitors aiding the Japanese during the fall of singapore. So how do we prevent this?

Talking about Malaya Malays and birth rights of malays are not tantamount to betraying the nation. We have Chinese here having emotional and cultural connections with mainland China. Do you fend against them?
China is 3000km away, Malaysia is 1 km from woodlands.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
The risk is in 18 year old hot heads. Giving them highly dangerous killing machines is asking for trouble. A single incident of a Malay trainee going berserk with machine gun hosing down his platoon mates is going to tear the society apart. Anyway, the Malays have easier time as NSF in police and scdf, so what's the beef?

What the hell are you talking about? They put all the Malays in the infantry! Most of the people who play with machine guns are in the infantry! What about the armed guards who patrol our MRT stations with loaded rifles? Ever noticed that they are Malay? Noticed that the policemen with loaded pistols have a lot of Malays?

All the sensitive vocations that the Malays are excluded from do most of the dangerous stuff overseas. Artillery, armour, air defence, Navy. Most of the stuff involving explosives is done outside of Singapore. Only pilots fly in Singapore.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
What the hell are you talking about? They put all the Malays in the infantry! Most of the people who play with machine guns are in the infantry! What about the armed guards who patrol our MRT stations with loaded rifles? Ever noticed that they are Malay? Noticed that the policemen with loaded pistols have a lot of Malays?

All the sensitive vocations that the Malays are excluded from do most of the dangerous stuff overseas. Artillery, armour, air defence, Navy. Most of the stuff involving explosives is done outside of Singapore. Only pilots fly in Singapore.
Dude, the armed guards are police NSF. Most of Malays end up in police and scdf for NS. It is a fact.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
i million PRC in Singapore you not scared? Ok, less one, that table tennis girl
Not at all. The tiongs are split into many small groups. The tiongs that can create trouble are the poor rural ones, that sbs employed in droves. Many of other tiongs have privileged background, that's why they can afford to escape from their homeland hellhole.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dude, the armed guards are police NSF. Most of Malays end up in police and scdf for NS. It is a fact.

My point is that Malays are placed in positions of responsibility where they could easily carry out terrorist activities, like hosing down plenty of passengers at an MRT station. Therefore it doesn't make sense to say that excluding Malays from sensitive portions of the military has anything to do with the terrorist from Muslim fundamentalists argument.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As for Malaysian MPs, yes, but haven't you realise there are no Malaysian Malay MPs?

There is no need for the Malaysian Malays to come here to work for they are well taken off in Malaysia as BUMIPUTERAS.

They even buy landed properties cheaper then other born and bred Malaysians.

They can get loans to start business easily.

So where is the need to leave that country and come here? Absolutely zero.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What the hell are you talking about? They put all the Malays in the infantry! Most of the people who play with machine guns are in the infantry!

when u post u in malay free nsf unit, i tot u in combat unit. apparently your unit no deal with gpmg. infantry platoon only 1 GPMG each and have a MG crew consist of a gunner and loader led by a Sgt. the gunner cannot load, much less fire the GPMG without the command of the Sgt.

in armour, there are 3 (as per 2 reported in wiki) GPMGs per platoon. that excluding the 2 MGs (total 8 per platoon as section 2 bionix no coxial MG) that are mounted in & on the bionix turret. each sections is suppose to dismount the 3XGPMG when in infantry role. The GPMG is carry by the saw2 gunner while ammo were carry by the 2IC or other willing section mates. in assaulting enemy position, 1xGPMG will follow the company 2IC or CSM to firebase to provide support fire while the other 2xGPMGs will be part of the assault main body. When in platoon level, all 3XGPMGs will follow the platoon but the firing of the MGs need not wait for the PC/PS/SC orders. the MG gunner can make decision by himself. in armour (at least my unit), most actions were by the troopers own initiative, no need to wait for orders. that why armour of the 80s/90s must be at least tertiary level so a bit surprise armour now take in hokkien pengs. The manpower issue must be darn serious.

Last edited: