• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is it true that SAF Armour no malays?

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal

“My call-sign before this was Mulan, but one time I was airborne and I blurted, ‘F***ing Oxygen!’ and this was caught on radio. That’s how F-oxy stuck with me.”

How cool is that?
The RMAF even let her use the historical Middle Kingdom hero's call sign and not force her to use a Malay folkhero reference.

I bet it sounds way cooler in Mandarin.

Last edited:

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
“My call-sign before this was Mulan, but one time I was airborne and I blurted, ‘F***ing Oxygen!’ and this was caught on radio. That’s how F-oxy stuck with me.”

And in any case I would rather be living in a country which has racist policies in military life than one that has racist policies in civillian life.

6000kmApart

Alfrescian
Loyal
OKOK just asking.

This racist policy is not my fault. don't look at me.

No worries bro.

No Malays in sensitive army position is alleged to be in place because for our country's security. They don't want to arm the Malays with weapons or information so if one day Malaysia attack Singapore, Singaporean Malays will sympathise with the north and jump ship. i think this is BS but why do you think the Gahmen never trust Malay? Why increasing FT PRC, pinoys and Indian populations but never ever take in Malays (Musilms) from Malaysia or Indonesia??? Malays represent Musims so this brand of racism is also always religious suppression.

Just in case you wonder, i am only stating my observations and trying to rationalise in order to answer this tread, if my postings offend your racial and religious sensitivity, my deepest regret and apology.

6000kmApart

Alfrescian
Loyal
And in any case I would rather be living in a country which has racist policies in military life than one that has racist policies in civillian life.

Either is bad enough, and if you have one, you tend to get the other. Looking both sides of the causeway, you begin to see that this is true, only vice versa, no?

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yah hor. Poor oppressed Indonesian Chinese. Must adopt Indonesian name and speak Bahasa and not allowed to set up SAP schools.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
No worries bro.

No Malays in sensitive army position is alleged to be in place because for our country's security. They don't want to arm the Malays with weapons or information so if one day Malaysia attack Singapore, Singaporean Malays will sympathise with the north and jump ship. i think this is BS but why do you think the Gahmen never trust Malay?

I am mainly embarrassed by the blatant racism.

Limpeh served NS in a Malay-free unit so I know about the Singapore side. I don't really approve of the policy so I don't really know what these people are thinking. There may have been a time when a policy like this made sense. These days if mindef is like the rest of the civil service I don't think they're that racist, they are just too brain dead to change matters.

gz0707

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not ask Dr Teo Ho Pin, ex Alpha OC Armour unit before he went into politics? He is combat unit frontline commander, so he should know.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
salah.. there are ethnic arabs christians in IDF.

go google and see how unfair they are treated by the jews.

There are Arab Bedouin and Druze who are muslim serving in IDF. However unlike the jews they joined IDF on volunteer basis.

6000kmApart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah hor. Poor oppressed Indonesian Chinese. Must adopt Indonesian name and speak Bahasa and not allowed to set up SAP schools.

Ya lor. So poor they hold the economic riches of the country?

Thailand also what, Chinese kena persecuted like in Indonesia, need to adopt Thai names, speak Thai and cannot open Chinese schools.

If you care to discern and look closely, this kind of majority-minority "oppression" (politics, racial, religious, economic, social-cultural) is everywhere lah.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thailand also what, Chinese kena persecuted like in Indonesia, need to adopt Thai names, speak Thai and cannot open Chinese schools.

If you care to discern and look closely, this kind of majority-minority "oppression" (politics, racial, religious, economic, social-cultural) is everywhere lah.

Not hanging around here anymore to watch your petty little piss fight.

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal

That makes it ok I guess.
Too bad for the Malays.

Job ads in the 70's
'Must complete NS' requirement.
Too bad for the Malays they were not called up for NS

Job ads in the 80's onwards.
'Must Speak Mandarin' requirement.
Too bad for the Malays they did not take up this lingua franca when it is the official language of Singapore.

Can't get jobs.
Or only offered lowly paid jobs.
Next headline..

"Drug use highest among Malays"

The Malay community must get together and solve this.

Yay meritocracy!

Last edited:

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Job ads in the 80's onwards.
'Must Speak Mandarin' requirement.
Too bad for the Malays they did not take up this lingua franca when it is the official language of Singapore.

The rest I can't defend. The speak mandarin campaign is something that a lot of Malays have a misconception about. I even had to clear it up with an Ivy League educated Malay friend of mine because he didn't realise.

The purpose of the speak mandarin campaign is not to promote Chinese culture. It is to destroy the use of dialects - and in doing so, actually destroy Chinese culture. Sorry if your feelings were hurt but it's also bad for the Chinese.

Put it this way, if the Indonesian government were to one day say, no Javanese, no Bugis, no Balinese, no Madurese. Everybody must speak Bahasa Indonesia. You won't like it very much would you?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually SAW on a video,,that some bedouin units fight for the IDF,,and IDF really relies on them as the know the desert damn well..and arabs are not a united bunch,,easy to play them against each other,,that is why israel is still there

Dunno whether this got something to do with how Israelis set up our army.

I'm willing to bet that there are no ethnic Arabs in the IDF.

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....SAF got its first Malay BG on 1/7/2009.
BG Ishak was the Commander of 6thDiv.

And he got security clearance commensurate with his position and opened the doors for Malays to operate/command Leopard MBTs/Fly F16s and sail with the RSN?

Last edited:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
And he got security clearance commensurate with his position and opened the doors for Malays to operate/command Leopard MBTs/Fly F16s and sail with the RSN?
hahaha.....don't quite understand the question....
anyway what's the big deal to operate /command a tank compared to being in command of a whole combined arms division????
as for sailing with Navy ships, it is a logistical problem as there is no muslim galley onboard.

tookara

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come PAP treats MAlays like that? what do malay mps like Yacob Ibrahim and Halimah and tarmugi all this think?

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyway what's the big deal to operate /command a tank compared to being in command of a whole combined arms division????
Good follow up question to the title of this thread. To be directed at Minister of Defense.

To your Halal galley rationale. I'm sure citrus fruits must be accompanied with pork to prevent scurvy.

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come PAP treats MAlays like that? what do malay mps like Yacob Ibrahim and Halimah and tarmugi all this think?
Only Malays of high caliber are chosen.
Instances when they happened to be married to non-Malays are purely coincidental.
Like two out of three in the above example.

Last edited: