• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is it true that as one ages, the desire to buy branded goods decreases?

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the issue is some products are junk really but people pay for rhe brand name and status and all that jazz.

You ask those people in advertising and marketing they will tell you this branding stuff is bullshit.

I know this guy who was from Saatchi & Saatchi and did a lot of advertising work. He said is really BS to pay more for brand alone.

Beer is one example. All the beer really made the same lah. Just branding.

Doc! Not all Beers are created equal. There is a huge difference between your lagers, ales, porters, IPAs, and stouts. Even the sour beers are popular these days.

For some happiness is barrel aged double stout like this Kentucky Breakfast Stout

2020_kbs_featured.jpg

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Doc! Not all Beers are created equal. There is a huge difference between your lagers, ales, porters, IPAs, and stouts. Even the sour beers are popular these days.

For some happiness is barrel aged double stout like this Kentucky Breakfast Stout

View attachment 86971

The comment about marketing and branding for beers was told to me by my former APB marketing friend. Maybe I will ask him what he meant more specifically.

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal
10 pages!
There you are China Troll, we have been busy updating ourselves from the DSM-IV to the DSM-V manual so we can treat your mental illness. We have some questions for you, mostly about your childhood. As you know, most neurosis occur due to issues from your childhood. The more truthful you answer, the more we can help but you must be open and transparent to the healing process.

Our goal is to get you back to your senses, especially when it comes to your idolization of China and its Regime. Its abhorrent in our society. But we can heal you.

Are you ready to begin?

psychology-memes-what-if-people.jpg

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal
The comment about marketing and branding for beers was told to me by my former APB marketing friend. Maybe I will ask him what he meant more specifically.

no prob doc!

You are about to embark on an amazing voyage of discovery with beer. First - what's your favorite beer? Moosehead? Molson? Labatts? Newcastle Brown? Guinness?

Point is not to change your tastes here. There is a beer out there that will suit your palate.

142518409-types-of-beer-vector-illustration-alcoholic-beverage-menu-collection-set-labeled-vis...jpg

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
no prob doc!

You are about to embark on an amazing voyage of discovery with beer. First - what's your favorite beer? Moosehead? Molson? Labatts? Newcastle Brown? Guinness?

Point is not to change your tastes here. There is a beer out there that will suit your palate.

View attachment 86975
Honestly I am not an alcohol drinker. I get very bad asian glow.

I could never drink beer in sg. And i hated the taste of it!

But somehow after going to Canada i could drink a little. Probably the reduced stress allowed my body to handle the alcohol better.

I have tried Corona and it seems ok. But I would say I have had about 10 bottles or cans of beer in the last 10 years.

jw5

Loyal
Worked most of the time. Malaysian nightclub gals, health centre and hair salon gals love ampais. No need to be their Robert. Some lucky ones even managed to get $$$ from these gals. All ended when ATBs came to town.

You wished you were one of those lucky ones. heh heh heh........................ :biggrin:

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Honestly I am not an alcohol drinker. I get very bad asian glow.

I could never drink beer in sg. And i hated the taste of it!

But somehow after going to Canada i could drink a little. Probably the reduced stress allowed my body to handle the alcohol better.

I have tried Corona and it seems ok. But I would say I have had about 10 bottles or cans of beer in the last 10 years.
Oh now I understand. You have that turn red after 1 drink thing - kinda like a red lobster. Hey! That's a restaurant over there in Amazing #1 in the world America/Canada, right?

Ok so no beer. Yikes. So that means to get you to relax a bit maybe some .......... weed?

You know doc I was talking to a kaki still back in America who tells me the docs there now prescribing Cannabis for everything, like they are trying to supplement their incomes now. Kaki said doc prescribe for minor ache, pain, mild insomnia etc. Legalization of weed for medical purposes might be making you docs much richer!

Nothing wrong with a good smoke now and then.......

6ebfc60799344fac8a0d4c67ee496d26.jpeg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh now I understand. You have that turn red after 1 drink thing - kinda like a red lobster. Hey! That's a restaurant over there in Amazing #1 in the world America/Canada, right?

Ok so no beer. Yikes. So that means to get you to relax a bit maybe some .......... weed?

You know doc I was talking to a kaki still back in America who tells me the docs there now prescribing Cannabis for everything, like they are trying to supplement their incomes now. Kaki said doc prescribe for minor ache, pain, mild insomnia etc. Legalization of weed for medical purposes might be making you docs much richer!

View attachment 86981
don’t need to smoke marijuana now. can consume cbd in many ways.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

View attachment 86981

To relax I go for walks.

I have a bottle of THC oil and a bottle of CBD oil from last year. Hardly use it.

Federally in the USA cannabis still illegal but some states it is legal. I dunno about the drs in USA but over here very few drs want to prescribe cannabis. We were all taught in medical school it is bad.

In Canada cannabis is legal.

So people could just self medicate by going to the recreation store. No need prescription. Those who do want a prescription is usually elderly patients who have never touched the stuff or people who genuinely use it for treatment.

It is not driven by doctors. It is driven by patients. We live in a world now where the patient is first. Many of the patients I see do not trust pharmaceutical drugs and want what they want. It is far easier to prescribe medication to a patient that wants it.

One reason why I switched. Was getting sick of hearing people come in to tell me how I should take them off their high blood pressure pills their cholesterol medication their diabetes medication when really I shouldn't. And then if I dont share their views they get angry.

So switch to only one medication I prescribe. You want ok let's discuss not everyone is a candidate but most can trial it at the very minimum. You dotn want? Then why come? It is like going to popeyes chicken versus Crystal Jade.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
don’t need to smoke marijuana now. can consume cbd in many ways.

CBD nobody uses recreationally lah. It is like taking a tylenol for fun?

Nowadays many forms. Sublingual spray. Oils. Capsules. Softgels. Miller decarb. Gummies. Brownies. Chocolates.

I think the game changer will be when we have sublingual tablets with rapid onset of action just like our oral dissolve tablets with Ondansetron and Lorazepam.

Will make it easier to prescribe too. And make it more acceptable to doctors in the mainstream.

Right now it is a different messaging to what drs are used to. Have to spend time explain vaping smoking dried flower vs oil tinctures.

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal
To relax I go for walks.

I have a bottle of THC oil and a bottle of CBD oil from last year. Hardly use it.

Federally in the USA cannabis still illegal but some states it is legal. I dunno about the drs in USA but over here very few drs want to prescribe cannabis. We were all taught in medical school it is bad.

In Canada cannabis is legal.

So people could just self medicate by going to the recreation store. No need prescription. Those who do want a prescription is usually elderly patients who have never touched the stuff or people who genuinely use it for treatment.

It is not driven by doctors. It is driven by patients. We live in a world now where the patient is first. Many of the patients I see do not trust pharmaceutical drugs and want what they want. It is far easier to prescribe medication to a patient that wants it.

One reason why I switched. Was getting sick of hearing people come in to tell me how I should take them off their high blood pressure pills their cholesterol medication their diabetes medication when really I shouldn't. And then if I dont share their views they get angry.

So switch to only one medication I prescribe. You want ok let's discuss not everyone is a candidate but most can trial it at the very minimum. You dotn want? Then why come? It is like going to popeyes chicken versus Crystal Jade.
I remain fascinated where all this is going. The vapes, pens, i mean just wow. Times have changed. The gist I got was the docs in US now making money off this so I was thinking our Canada Doc is gonna be rolling in some dollars.

I remember when I was there my own experience with medical was my company got me a PPO plan with Blue Cross Co and I had to go to the doc in their network. American attitude toward medicine was if doc did not prescribe MRI for ache in knee then its not a good doc. My friend there explain its defensive medicine Americans will sue if diagnosis is missed so alot of tests get ordered even if they are unecessary. I learnt this is one reason why the cost of medical is high there.

Dunno how this compare to canada.

donleow

Alfrescian
Loyal
For certain reason I loved bespoke leather stuff which I cannot explained, saw your adv on facebook sometime back. It caught my eyes then keep thinking about it.

However I realise the design of the shoes are not too wide feet friendly, do you guys takes into consideration of it? I need something I can wear daily to work, and most of the time I can only sticked to certain shoes cutting/design otherwise my legs will be damn painful like hell.

What size do you usually wear? is your feet on the wider side?

The new collection i designed is a ready to wear collection but our fitting tend to be slightly wider