• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I m 53 & dying of old age.I come in here just 2 say my peace

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am 53 years old and dying of old age.I come in here just 2 say my peace.Forgive me if I sound like ranting.......

I am a loner. I have spent half my life slogging in the rat race. Now I am feeling tired....sometimes very tired. I am in and out of quite a number of jobs in the last ten years. Prior to that I had worked in the stable education service for more than 10 years.

I have been sending out hundreds of my resume. I receive an offer which I find is exploitation. The lady boss wanted me to work from 10.30 am to 8 pm....six days a week. There is no proper lunch break. Someone will be assigned to buy a pkt of rice for me.....Though it pay is close to 2k, I rejected the job offer.

I don't have the energy that I used to have when I was younger. I have been jobless since about 17/01/08. I have been surviving on my savings all these months.

I have been living alone since 1992....16 years of living alone. I don't regret it. It's my choice. I prefer to be alone and talk less even in the occasional social circle.

I have a brother and a sister. But I am not close to them. I just need a listening ear.....so I come here to say my peace.

Thank you for listening to the woes of an old man....

:(

I have been jobless for 6 months and it is almost impossible to find a job if you are a 40-50 year old man. Woman is easier, can be cashier, clinic assistant, childcare teacher, tutor, customer service, etc.

You are lucky, you don't have children. With children, you will be even more depressed.

I suggest you go outside Singapore to find yourself, you are not trapped. This place is too small and depressing.

I applied to a tuition school to be a teacher. The boss ask me to work for free since I got no teaching experience. Until I good enough, he will pay me a salary.

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been jobless for 6 months and it is almost impossible to find a job if you are a 40-50 year old man. Woman is easier, can be cashier, clinic assistant, childcare teacher, tutor, customer service, etc.

You are lucky, you don't have children. With children, you will be even more depressed.

I suggest you go outside Singapore to find yourself, you are not trapped. This place is too small and depressing.

I applied to a tuition school to be a teacher. The boss ask me to work for free since I got no teaching experience. Until I good enough, he will pay me a salary.

Work at the shipyard. Sure got vacancy. Or are you too pampered to work there??:mad::mad:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bud, nowadays, 53 years isn't old.

If you have some sickness, injury, or emotionally drained, I encourage you to look for ways to reinvent yourself. We all have to do this every now and then. But if you're letting this "aging" thing depress you, then its gonna be a lot harder.

Do brighten up, there's gotta be something you want to live for. All the best.

Cheers!

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
if i am 53 alone and dying...i will go out bonking like there is no tomorrow...what other thing is there to worry about...no burden no baggages to leave behind...

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been sending out hundreds of my resume. I receive an offer which I find is exploitation. The lady boss wanted me to work from 10.30 am to 8 pm....six days a week. There is no proper lunch break. Someone will be assigned to buy a pkt of rice for me.....Though it pay is close to 2k, I rejected the job offer.

What a loser. You think the world owes you a living? What makes you even worth $2k when your boss could have hired a Phillipino or Chinese who would have workd 8am to 8 pm at $1.5k.

maituleow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everbody is born to die, its a matter of time.
since u are a dead man walking,do some good to others who wants to live even at 60.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is totally ok to be 53 years old and alone. IF getting income is a problem, then try to get some job that is lower pay and uses less effort. Since you are from education, then do some freelance teaching.

But the most important of all, do not be a sinkie.

this is the most sensible and well-written thread in a long long while..

until u the fucking chee-bye thai loser gotta come here and shit your sinkie nonsense again..

fuck-off chee-bye thai loser :mad:

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What if your dickie cannot stand up for Singapore?
No problem this one.Call tongkat ali or vengra or seelias or even levitry - all these can make you stand for Singapore. No problem.Got money anything can one here in Singapore.53 only, surely can stand one lah!!!

jw5

Loyal
Deep Purple
The content of your post is rather sad, but (most of) the replies you have received have given me some encouragement. This is actually the first time that I have felt something positive about this forum and the people who post in it. :smile:

I would like to add my 2 cents worth:
1. This is your life and how you live it is your business as well as your responsibility. You should not blame anyone for how your life is, neither is it anyone's business how you want to live. Make the best of what you are and what you have and live the happiest life you can.

2. Take advantage of whatever you can in regards to your circumstances and your personality / strengths. Being alone is seen to be a sadness or a failure, but you can make it into an advantage or a strength. The fact that you have no one to rely on also means that you have no one to support and raise. You have the freedom to do what you want. Cheer up.

3. Being without a job means that you can evaluate all your options and ascertain what you can do, what you want to do and how you move on in life. Remember again that this life is yours, don't worry about what those clowns say or think. Many people enjoy commenting and gossiping about others, but if someone they know needs help, all they will do is talk about it. To hell with these fuckers. Understand who are your real friends, read about the happenings in the world, and be entertained by the events in your life.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the deep purple falls over sleepy garden walls
And the stars begin to twinkle in the sky—
In the mist of a memory you wander back to me
Breathing my name with a sigh...

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the deep purple falls over sleepy garden walls
And the stars begin to twinkle in the sky—
In the mist of a memory you wander back to me
Breathing my name with a sigh...

i thought it is this Deep Purple...

Smoke on the water...Fire in the Sky..:biggrin::biggrin:

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually what is your woe that compel you to come here _ loneliness? looking for companionship? no, you said you are happy to be alone so is it boredom that make you think you are doing nothing? _without job? _financial difficulty ? Many people here ask you to give tuition but hey school tuck shop cleaner also can say he is in education so we don't really know your vocation. The job that lady boss offered sound to me like front line sale assistant which in a way not too bad you could take it just to pass time, get to know people until the day you think you have had enuff then quit but I suppose it is too late to go back to the lady boss. Well you could take time to smell rose like one bro said or if you are not in real dire state you may want to do some volunteer work with some organisation, _ religious or whatever to make yourself feel useful again

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal

I suggest you familiarize yourself with the school syllabus. This is the most important step to get more tuition jobs.

Then call up all the tuition agents as well as the online ones. Show that you are keen to take students and be willing to travel (by bus) to teach.
There are many young poly students who teach tuition so age wise, you may be able to cater to a niche.

There are many parents out there who like matured teachers. The most important thing is, you've got to be able to know what you are teaching.

If you have enough savings, teaching part time at a school to pick up the ropes may not be a bad idea. However, it should not be on a full time basis on entirely free. The centre should pay you a nominal sum and not just for transport. Otherwise I think they are taking advantage of your eagerness to learn.

You can PM me if you need more tips. :smile:

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Deep Purple
The content of your post is rather sad, but (most of) the replies you have received have given me some encouragement. This is actually the first time that I have felt something positive about this forum and the people who post in it. :smile:

I would like to add my 2 cents worth:
1. This is your life and how you live it is your business as well as your responsibility. You should not blame anyone for how your life is, neither is it anyone's business how you want to live. Make the best of what you are and what you have and live the happiest life you can.

2. Take advantage of whatever you can in regards to your circumstances and your personality / strengths. Being alone is seen to be a sadness or a failure, but you can make it into an advantage or a strength. The fact that you have no one to rely on also means that you have no one to support and raise. You have the freedom to do what you want. Cheer up.

3. Being without a job means that you can evaluate all your options and ascertain what you can do, what you want to do and how you move on in life. Remember again that this life is yours, don't worry about what those clowns say or think. Many people enjoy commenting and gossiping about others, but if someone they know needs help, all they will do is talk about it. To hell with these fuckers. Understand who are your real friends, read about the happenings in the world, and be entertained by the events in your life.

That's really solid advice, especially point no. 3! :smile:

However, Deep Purple seems to be the more shy sort. Maybe like middaydog said, volunteer work is a good idea. Reaching out to people is a very fulfilling thing to do.

On the bright side, you are also doing your part for civic society, so this is not just for yourself. :smile:

Reading more entertaining things is a good idea as well. Lots of interesting things happen in the world every day and isn't it fun to explore more?

You are alive so make the best of it! So many people have replied to this thread, we all thought of your situation while typing to you, so isn't this so wonderful? You are not alone! :smile:

I hope you can derive encouragement from this. :smile:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am 53 years old and dying of old age.I come in here just 2 say my peace.Forgive me if I sound like ranting.......

I am a loner. I have spent half my life slogging in the rat race. Now I am feeling tired....sometimes very tired. I am in and out of quite a number of jobs in the last ten years. Prior to that I had worked in the stable education service for more than 10 years.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxhttp://www.faithandhealthconnection.org/scripture/

Last edited by a moderator: