• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I am 28 years old. Am I young, middle age, or old? What is your SG dream?

28yoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Curious
Do you list your degrees as your money-making assets or your write-off.

Does Singapore dream refers to your dream?

Do you have an opinion of yourself at all? Perhaps that would explain the lack of your motivation and why PRC talents think Singaporeans are .................

If you have a hobby, you should see if that can be upgraded to a 2nd income stream. (You become the boss)

My degrees are of course a money-making asset. I don't work in a field related to my degrees but with those papers, I can easily get a job or be self-employed for 3-4k a month using what I have learnt. I work damn hard and spent a god damn lot of money to graduate. And to be honest, I did enjoy learning. Maybe I will go for a Phd in future, but there are many other things I want to do now.

That is why it boggles my mind that engineers like Hotbot who say they have degrees would bother to drive taxis. Even my fresh EEE grad friend can give tuition part-time when he was studying and make 1.6-2k each month.

Hotbot must really be a freaking loser!

aiyoh...boss may be joking about his amount but mine is real leh. The rascal clinton wanted to lend me some money interest free but he wanted to lift up one leg and pee on me first so i said NO

Clinton is a great man.

28yoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
1 acre = 0.4 hectares = 0.4 x 10,000 sqm = 4,000 sqm
6.5 acres = 6.5 x 4,000 sqm = 26,000 sqm = 26,000 x 10.7639 sqft = 279,861 sqft

According to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_housing_in_Singapore#Pricing
a typical "3-room" (2 bedrooms plus 1 living room) HDB flat has an internal area of about 65 sqm, so:
26,000 sqm / 65 sqm = 400 times!
(which is possibly roughly the total number of units of a large block of HDB flats of about 40 storeys high, with 10 units per storey)

Also, an average football pitch is about 7,000 sqm (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_pitch#Pitch_boundary), so:
26,000 sqm / 7,000 sqm = nearly 4 football pitches

So is this where you live now? haha
http://g.co/maps/jturs
Anyway, if you're happy there, I'm happy for you too! :smile:

These lifestyle blocks are nice for old people who want to enjoy farm life. But they are not for old people who enjoy urban living, going to nice restaurants, shopping centres, etc.

In Australia/NZ, they are normally at least 1-2 hours drive away from a major city, so if you work in the city, they are too far away.

28 very soon will become 30 something and then 40 something and so on. While you are young and full of energy, better be proactive and find lobangs. Else, your degrees only good for driving taxis in Sinkeeland since employers like to higher FT than local peasants.

Yes that is true. I remember being 16 not too long ago, now I am staring at 30. I wish to be forever young. Maybe I should move to Alphaville.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Milcom CEO

micron ceo recently crash on his private plane and die. so be glad you have no private jet. dun compare with your friend on wealth, serve no purposes.

Lidat orso can ah ? Some years ago, the founder of Milcom and CEO died in a car accident in China. She saw it coming - a bad omen.

In fact, I don't like the name Milcom. This is Milcom ...

8316491.jpg

mxoxl203a.jpg

God warned Israel not to follow the devil worship of their neighbours. It was the children sacrificing ritual. Milcom and Molech can be found in the bible.

Diana Young,45 dies. Be thankful & Count your blessings...

Be thankful 4 small mercies n count your blessings...
U may not live to see your CPF...

S'pore young businesswoman dies in China

SINGAPORE entrepreneur Diana Young, the founder and chief executive of aviation company Mil-Com Aerospace, died on Tuesday in a hospital in Xian, China, following a traffic accident on Monday morning.

The 45-year-old suffered serious multiple injuries when the car she was in was hit by another vehicle during the morning peak hour in Xian, the capital of the Shanxi province in central China. She was rushed to a government hospital after the accident.

Ms Young's rags-to-riches life story was an inspiration to many budding entrepreneurs in Singapore.
According to a traffic police spokesman in the city famed for its terracotta soldiers, the rear of her car was badly smashed in. She was in the back seat at the time.

She was on a business trip in China. She had flown there a few days ago from the United States, where she had also gone on business.

Her husband Eugene Lim, Mil-Com's senior vice-president, and its managing director, Mr Michael Leung, caught the first available flight to Beijing early on Tuesday morning and reached Xian in the afternoon.

Mr Lim, 49, immediately rushed to the hospital to identify his wife's body.

Well known for her rags-to riches life story, the petite 1.52m-tall businesswoman was a role model and inspiration to budding entrepreneurs in Singapore.

Born the sixth child in a family of six girls and a boy to a shipping superintendent and housewife, she gave tuition as a 14-year-old to neighbourhood children to earn pocket money.

She started out as a minute secretary at the Singapore Island Country Club after her A-levels. The former Raffles Girls' Secondary School student studied long-distance for a Bachelor's degree in business administration and later gained a part-time Masters degree in finance.

In 1994, she founded Mil-com, which manufactures high-precision aircraft components and provides training services to engineers.

The company was recently reported to be headed for a public listing by next year.

At the time of her death, Mil-com had 700 employees in Singapore, Malaysia, the Philippines, Hong Kong, Australia and China. In 2003, it had a turnover of S$30 million, about half of which were from its overseas ventures.

Besides her husband, Ms Young also leaves behind two teenage children.

Read the full story in The Straits Times on Wednesday.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
.... I am 28 years old. Do you think I am young, middle age, or old?..... Nothing in Singapore motivates me really. What is your Singapore dream?

Before long, I would be just another old man with half his hair gone, leaking urine, trembling hands....:eek:

Answer is very simple - stop dreaming and get down to work.

If a "postgrad" person has no confidence in himself, and begin to think like a demented old man, how to have confidence in another person? Which girl will want to marry you - not even the shrewd meimeis or Vietnamese farmgirl?

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Milcom CEO

Lidat orso can ah ? Some years ago, the founder of Milcom and CEO died in a car accident in China. She saw it coming - a bad omen.

In fact, I don't like the name Milcom. This is Milcom ...

8316491.jpg

mxoxl203a.jpg

God warned Israel not to follow the devil worship of their neighbours. It was the children sacrificing ritual. Milcom and Molech can be found in the bible.

Diana Young,45 dies. Be thankful & Count your blessings...

Be thankful 4 small mercies n count your blessings...
U may not live to see your CPF...

S'pore young businesswoman dies in China

SINGAPORE entrepreneur Diana Young, the founder and chief executive of aviation company Mil-Com Aerospace, died on Tuesday in a hospital in Xian, China, following a traffic accident on Monday morning.

The 45-year-old suffered serious multiple injuries when the car she was in was hit by another vehicle during the morning peak hour in Xian, the capital of the Shanxi province in central China. She was rushed to a government hospital after the accident.

Ms Young's rags-to-riches life story was an inspiration to many budding entrepreneurs in Singapore.
According to a traffic police spokesman in the city famed for its terracotta soldiers, the rear of her car was badly smashed in. She was in the back seat at the time.

She was on a business trip in China. She had flown there a few days ago from the United States, where she had also gone on business.

Her husband Eugene Lim, Mil-Com's senior vice-president, and its managing director, Mr Michael Leung, caught the first available flight to Beijing early on Tuesday morning and reached Xian in the afternoon.

Mr Lim, 49, immediately rushed to the hospital to identify his wife's body.

Well known for her rags-to riches life story, the petite 1.52m-tall businesswoman was a role model and inspiration to budding entrepreneurs in Singapore.

Born the sixth child in a family of six girls and a boy to a shipping superintendent and housewife, she gave tuition as a 14-year-old to neighbourhood children to earn pocket money.

She started out as a minute secretary at the Singapore Island Country Club after her A-levels. The former Raffles Girls' Secondary School student studied long-distance for a Bachelor's degree in business administration and later gained a part-time Masters degree in finance.

In 1994, she founded Mil-com, which manufactures high-precision aircraft components and provides training services to engineers.

The company was recently reported to be headed for a public listing by next year.

At the time of her death, Mil-com had 700 employees in Singapore, Malaysia, the Philippines, Hong Kong, Australia and China. In 2003, it had a turnover of S$30 million, about half of which were from its overseas ventures.

Besides her husband, Ms Young also leaves behind two teenage children.

Read the full story in The Straits Times on Wednesday.

I remember meeting her the first time in a Toastmaster event for entrepreneurs, believe she was quite active in those circles.
2nd time was at Beijing airport, bumped into her while waiting at baggage conveyor belt and we had a casual chat.
She was such a nice lady, always smiling and unassuming - read about her death not long after and felt really pity she died so young and so much more ahead in life.
RIP.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro,

me remembered rather clearly that me had lil' lessons learnt in the past. used to think almost about the same way as you just did. like bro laksaboy, me didn't believe in marriage, didn't believe in making babies for this country (primarily because me never believed in NS), etc.

just a friendly advice, fear is only a limiting factor. go out, have fun in what you're doing & live within your means. if you happened to meet someone you fancy, have a go & see what turns up. as long as you're sincere and hold true to your own sets of beliefs, me pretty sure that you'll lead a fruitful life.

nothing short of saying, you have to create your own dreams :smile::smile::smile:
good luck :p

You can have babies in another country. There is no rule that you got to reproduce in this country.

you do not need to place or limit your paradigm within the Singapore island, it is the whole world you are living in.

Last edited:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My degrees are of course a money-making asset. I don't work in a field related to my degrees but with those papers, I can easily get a job or be self-employed for 3-4k a month using what I have learnt. I work damn hard and spent a god damn lot of money to graduate. And to be honest, I did enjoy learning. Maybe I will go for a Phd in future, but there are many other things I want to do now.

That is why it boggles my mind that engineers like Hotbot who say they have degrees would bother to drive taxis. Even my fresh EEE grad friend can give tuition part-time when he was studying and make 1.6-2k each month.

Hotbot must really be a freaking loser!

Clinton is a great man.

hi there

1. one sentence: get a life and stop lamenting!
2. wake up and smell the coffee.
3. at least, hotbot/krafty accepts he being screwed up by his nemeses.
4. come on!

Dinosaur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Though I will probably get married when I am around 45-55, not because I believe in ever-lasting love, but because I would probably want to have children before I die.
You DO know the dangers, pitfalls and serious difficutlies if you choose to be married and have children between 45-55, don't you?

28yoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi there

1. one sentence: get a life and stop lamenting!
2. wake up and smell the coffee.
3. at least, hotbot/krafty accepts he being screwed up by his nemeses.
4. come on!

Hey relax, don't want you to have a stroke and then blame it on me.

You mean this ... heard of it before.

[video=youtube;t1TcDHrkQYg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1TcDHrkQYg[/video]

Wow Leong, after years of flogging a dead horse, your English lessons finally seem to be working. I am really quite surprised that someone managed to understand satire/humour.

You can have babies in another country. There is no rule that you got to reproduce in this country.

you do not need to place or limit your paradigm within the Singapore island, it is the whole world you are living in.

Oh really, is that why most Singaporeans spend their life from birth to death in Singapore? Wake up and see the visa requirements, it is not easy to emigrate these days at all. Before 1960, as British subjects, Singaporeans can just fly to the UK or Cyprus or Bahamas without a visa and live for as long as they want. Now you need a degree, a masters, a phd, comb your hair the right way, nice teeth....

28yoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will consider you my boy boy!

Who gives a shit what you consider me to be. You already have trouble keeping your trembling hands steady and strokes away.

You can keep yelling at me all you want, it will just make you get your strokes/diabetes/heart attacks faster. When you are old, you are old. :smile::biggrin:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's yr problem? You asked everybody here a question "Am I young, middle age or old?" and I'm just giving you my answer. Dont be too sure you wont drop dead before I do.

Growing old is a privilege that you may not possess. Pls live well. at least I am already there.

Who gives a shit what you consider me to be. You already have trouble keeping your trembling hands steady and strokes away.

You can keep yelling at me all you want, it will just make you get your strokes/diabetes/heart attacks faster. When you are old, you are old. :smile::biggrin:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"Hey relax, don't want you to have a stroke and then blame it on me."

hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. at 28, you can get stroke too if you are careless.
3. you are funny, man!

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
i think nothing to define...its just areas designated by the Auckland authorities. West and Eastern part of Auckland.

Boss in East .....i think the bigger and better lifestyle blocks are in the West.

If boss didnt ' tak brakes ' too early mebbe he could have bought property in the Western part.

Lets see his reply.

Anyway i think i gonna join you on another infraction cos of improper quoting or some reason like that ...happened on another thread...he didnt notice yet...but his eagle eyes will see it soon.

hi there

1. sammy, shall appreciate it if you can define what is lifetyle block in down under?
2. that looks very interesting to me!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
hi there
1. sammy, shall appreciate it if you can define what is lifetyle block in down under?
2. that looks very interesting to me!

A typical lifestyle block in NZ is a home on 2 to 5 acres of land which can be utilised as a "boutique" farm to supplement income. It isn't big enough to be a proper farm. However, income can be derived by utilising the land for small scale cultivation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobby_farm