• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How Will The PAP Respond?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
A crime is not a political issue. Even if the whole PAP is found corrupt, it is still a couple of idiots that messed up their lives.

These characters are far too low in the hierarchy for it to be a political issue.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Education failure because we missed out value and character inculcation?

Lim S.G & HC met some few thousand educators last year during a dialogue session to introduce VE, our education minister rolled it out subsequently. a bit of reconciliation to be made between ideals & reality. me belong to the old school whom believes that "Values are CAUGHT, not TAUGHT" :p:p:p

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These characters are far too low in the hierarchy for it to be a political issue.
Not worry, I can guarantee you more to come plus the disease rotting the foundations of the ivory tower will ensure a structure failure. There will be more systemic problems coming in the transport infrastructure - serious ones too. This is due to this kind of attitude that everything and everyone is beneath me attitude and I do not need to know nor care - someone else to blame. The excuse then will be it is normal wear and tear and it will not be a cheap answer or it was unforeseen. I am sure the PMO has been censored of all serious information on what is wrong with Singapore. Only the information on who to fix goes up to the top. Pity..... Singapore could have been more in the last 45 years. Nevermind, much to look forward to.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A crime is not a political issue. Even if the whole PAP is found corrupt, it is still a couple of idiots that messed up their lives. It is a party affair and not a political issue. They too are being dealt accordingly. LKY brand of alien logic. If you lose all your property in the next flood, it is just ponding and your fault that you did not buy insurance and too bad if the insurance company does not pay for it. But if it floods at LKY's house, it is a Mose's level flooding and all insurances will even pay LKY for damages without and policy taken up. This is the alien equivocating logic of LKY and dogs. The minority of 90% in Singapore and the minority of 99% in the world will always misunderstand LKY and his dogs. They speak in such tongues even 99.9% of all other living species in the world will misunderstand LKY and his dogs. Even when there is a flood, it gets downgraded to a pond by LKY. We should be lucky it did not get downgraded to puddling by LKY & Dogs. 2012 is a good year. Mayan end of the world and the water dragon to bring in the Mose's effect.

good points..

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Money can never satisfy any person, & anything in this world. It is not pay top money to prevent corruption, it is the moral fibre of the person(s). Money may prevent, but other vices, how?

totally agree...if a man lacks moral fibre, money cannot satisfy him

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

1st..it was a policeman who took bribes..he was too low to bother the SPF
Next a Dept Head cheated money, again he was considered too low level to bother the organisation
Then the Commissioner, SCDF and Director, CNB have been removed because they have been alleged taking monies and gals. Some people still say that they are too low in the hierachy.

Either these people are dead wrong or Singaporeans have to wait till a Cabinet Minister is charged before we say that something is wrong with the system.

As for me, I say something is very wrong with the system if a Commissioner has been caught with his hands inside the cookie jar. Do we wait any longer before the system reacts?

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not worry, I can guarantee you more to come plus the disease rotting the foundations of the ivory tower will ensure a structure failure. There will be more systemic problems coming in the transport infrastructure - serious ones too. This is due to this kind of attitude that everything and everyone is beneath me attitude and I do not need to know nor care - someone else to blame. The excuse then will be it is normal wear and tear and it will not be a cheap answer or it was unforeseen. I am sure the PMO has been censored of all serious information on what is wrong with Singapore. Only the information on who to fix goes up to the top. Pity..... Singapore could have been more in the last 45 years. Nevermind, much to look forward to.

This is perhaps just the tip of the iceberg...SCDF, CNB are tarnished. How abt SPF?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
As for me, I say something is very wrong with the system if a Commissioner has been caught with his hands inside the cookie jar. Do we wait any longer before the system reacts?

Corruption exists in all countries. It's a matter of degree. I spent more than half my life in Singapore and not once did I have to pay any bribes in order to get things done.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Institutionalized corruption is far worse. ?

It is..when the system condones and promotes in breeding and cronyism...isnt that corruption?

Corruption is more than just taking money. accepting a gal and then granting favour is corruption. giving preferential treatment to people who are connected is corruption.

so is pap corrupt?

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Corruption exists in all countries. It's a matter of degree. I spent more than half my life in Singapore and not once did I have to pay any bribes in order to get things done.

Corruption sometimes pave the right way unknown to you.Just as if you would pay your tax consultant or a lawyer to seek that legal angle of loopholes....I had dealt with corrupted government officials in other countries.Unlike your naive views you simply cannot corrupt an official against all odds.Corruption does not means as any Sinkie thinks-- to right what obviously is wrong.Corrupted officials actually have to crack their heads to fit your proposal legally acceptable to officialdom.

It actually is a way of redistribution of wealth.Do you know that more than 90% of monies earned by politicians actually goes back to the populace every election?....but PAP does it differently.They rob the treasury to pay your own money to you just before an elections.Whereas in third world countries politicians collect their dues from big businesses and distribute to ordinary folks--every election.

Now,back to your Sinkie government....I have yet to come across any huge corruption that hides the criminal element without paying a price in the next election or huge popular uproar.But here in Singapore PAP almost gets away with murder.Take the case of a SPH editor who killed two Malay chaps while driving talking on a phone beating a red light....she was sentenced for just 1 day in jail.Which meant attending court in the morning and returning home in the evening.Had this happened in China,India or Indonesia where the fine art of corruption is a way of life......the least the government would do to appease the public is jail her for 5 yrs minimum and keep her in a luxury jail.

The point being PAP does bluntly and blatantly.

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now,back to your Sinkie government....I have to yet come across any huge corruption that hides the crminlal element without paying a price in the election or huge poular uproar.But here in Singapore one almost gets away with murder.Take the case of a SPH editor who killed two Malay chaps while driving talking on a phone beating a red light....she was sentenced for just 1 day in jail.Which meant attending court in the morning and returning home in the evening.Had this happened in China,India or Indonesia where the fine art of corruption is a way of life......the least the government would do to appease the public is jail her for 5 yrs minimum and keep her in a luxury jail.

The point being PAP does bluntly and blatantly.

Yes, she was a Chinese Language Newspaper editor who was talking to her son on her mobile that rainy day, beat a red traffic light and rammed into a motorbike, killing the pillion rider. Her lawyer told her that she would be jailed, there was no escape. She was devastated but and sought help from her connections. What a relief to her that her connections managed to get her a one-day sentence which means she didnt have to go to jail...what a miscarriage of justice. That was blatant corruption