• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HDB for home stay?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
In truth, many luxury things are useless. Most of us can exist happily with a Casio and the MRT. :biggrin:
At least you are still wearing a CASIO. I'm just using a cheap China-made SKMEI watch bought from Shopee and costing S$22, including free delivery.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
HDB must be allowed to be resold in the open market, especially for male Singapore citizen as it is considered an entitlement privilege for serving your National Service for the country.
treating the HDB as a commodity is the same as a Ponzi scheme, enough said :coffee::coffee::coffee:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
The last to pick the tab will suffer, be careful what you wished for :coffee::coffee::coffee:
There is always a price to pay for everything. This is a Capitalist economy and it has always been proven to thrive. For example, if not for Winnie's oppression, China today will have progressed into another Capitalist economy with the likes of Alibaba, JD.Com, DiDi, Tencent, etc.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
There is always a price to pay for everything. This is a Capitalist economy and it has always been proven to thrive. For example, if not for Winnie's oppression, China today will have progressed into another Capitalist economy with the likes of Alibaba, JD.Com, DiDi, Tencent, etc.
Yes, of course, remember you’ll grow old one day too :coffee::coffee::coffee:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
At least you are still wearing a CASIO. I'm just using a cheap China-made SKMEI watch bought from Shopee and costing S$22, including free delivery.
It's fine as long as it works well. I wish you good fortune and prosperity, so that you can eventually afford a casio. It took me many years to save up for it.:biggrin:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, of course, remember you’ll grow old one day too :coffee::coffee::coffee:
My thought is this: As long as I still have a fully paid roof over my head before I leave this world, it is sufficient. As for the children, you cannot be looking and taking care of their needs perpetually. At most, you can leave an amount or inheritance for them. They'll even curse at you if you are showing favoritism. You'll have to make clear to them that once they are of working age, they'll have to make for their own future. I don't have a big conglomerate to pass on to them.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
My thought is this: As long as I still have a fully paid roof over my head before I leave this world, it is sufficient.
I tend to lean towards this:
子若有才,無需留財。
子若無才,何需留財。

Anyway, I’m looking at the future generations of Sinkiestan, imagine 2~3 generations down the road, BTOs going at a million dollars. You think they can tahan or not?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
子若有才,無需留財。
子若無才,何需留財。

Anyway, I’m looking at the future generations of Sinkiestan, imagine 2~3 generations down the road, BTOs going at a million dollars. You think they can tahan or not?
You think too much and too far ahead. When that time and situation will come, they will know how to create a way out. It has been like this for civilizations. Did your grandfather worried for you when you have to pay S$300k for your HDB? Yet, you still can afford one eventually, right?

No need to worry too much about the future generations. Nowadays, kids are very smart. Many will end up being professionals in their own field of trade.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
子若有才,無需留財。
子若無才,何需留財。

The new generation will soon realize the stupidity and futility of all this material-chasing and will be forced to adopt the 躺平 mentality like young enlightened tiongs.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
You think too much and too far ahead. When that time and situation will come, they will know how to create a way out. It has been like this for civilizations. Did your grandfather worried for you when you have to pay S$300k for your HDB? Yet, you still can afford one eventually, right?

No need to worry too much about the future generations. Nowadays, kids are very smart. Many will end up being professionals in their own field of trade.
While many would be rich, do look out for the not-so-rich.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
While many would be rich, do look out for the not-so-rich.
Nothing is fair in this world and one will have to fight for it. If one doesn't (want to fight for it), then accept your fate.

I give you an example: One of my nephew is those lazy type. Instead of working the hard way and giving tuition, he played the middle man and try to tie in tutors to students. Eventually he failed and cannot even afford a HDB today and is now savoring and scheming to inherit his parent's HDB. His brother on the other hand, worked hard in his profession and today has owned a HDB and a condominium, the HDB is fully paid. He also drives a car. Both were given equal opportunities in their education needs by their parents. So, to the first nephew, he only has himself to blame and I've known him well that he will always want to look for easy money only. How to help this type of people, I asked you?

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Chinkland has plenty of land and even more vacant buildings. Sinkiestan got what? swim in the sea?

Really? From the way chinkland prices its apartment, I thought chinkland and shanghai had much less land than Singapore for housing.

Chinkland's apartments are 70 year lease and cost 50% more psf than our HDB flats. But oppies are okay with housing prices in China simply because they were set by a different political party from the PAP.