• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

gang clash in geylang ........ soc activated ..... many arrested ..... will be CLed .

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: gang clash in geylang ........ soc activated ..... many arrested ..... will be CL

sad, isn't it? scholars should not be where they don't belong and struggle with simple ops and investigation matters.

I think the word is Street Smart, the older generation of the force knew the streets well, the 'pai kia's respected them. They may not be good at books or what....the force today is technological sound...but STREET SMART?....that comes from experience & interaction on the ground....or should we say..from the 'ground'...not hole up in some 'tower' above ground.:rolleyes:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: gang clash in geylang ........ soc activated ..... many arrested ..... will be CL

I think the word is Street Smart, the older generation of the force knew the streets well, the 'pai kia's respected them. They may not be good at books or what....the force today is technological sound...but STREET SMART?....that comes from experience & interaction on the ground....or should we say..from the 'ground'...not hole up in some 'tower' above ground.:rolleyes:

absolutely agree, and i am with you on this. a couple of points .......

if you get an intel boss with no credentials other than a degree or being a scholar, what do you get? bozo the clown! and there are many bozos in the spf. in the good old days, the DSI was a feared officer, inside and outside the mata-chu. many of these underworld chaps would try and get close and be his informant on other gangs. any DSI not up to standard will soon be replaced by his OC Crime.

Gangster

Alfrescian
Loyal

Simi era liao still fight, old habits die hard.

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Last time hls and skt same yamaha motor siao :biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

latest from geylang ..............

some other gangs in geylang are pretty upset with the incident. resulting from the clash, heavy police presence all over geylang. this has affected their businesses - cough syrup, drugs, contraband cigs, gambling dens etc.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, Chinese gangs vs Indian gangs. Don't forget Murali grew up in the Sembawang area.

IT used to atas and to be known as sembawang land of the colonial brits but after murali, the foreign talents have turned it into Saharanpur, another little india.

Soon BB will become Bukit Balangir

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

bad clash in geylang two nights ago. weapons used. reinforcement arrived from both gangs.

soc activated the next day. many arrested late last night and early this morning.

i was there. they suspected i was involved until i told my moniker in this forum. all the officers gave me a salute.

those who read the chinese newspapers, was this reported?

jahjah- before you ask, it was between hls and skt

SOC activated the next day?

Why was it not activated when the fight was happening?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

comms error, Mata tau went on holiday again, lang jeow tau take over, undecided... but also hoping to get a raise and more ambulance. hope his gambit pays off.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

yes, next day.

too late to activate on night of incident.

What do you mean, by too late to activate on the night of the incident?

I thought the SPF is a 24/7 organization.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

latest from geylang ..............
some other gangs in geylang are pretty upset with the incident. resulting from the clash, heavy police presence all over geylang. this has affected their businesses - cough syrup, drugs, contraband cigs, gambling dens etc.
but of course, even the ahtiongs are fed-up due to lowered virility ubat sales coz of the heat generated....very the jee seow, char bee :(

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What do you mean, by too late to activate on the night of the incident?

I thought the SPF is a 24/7 organization.

to arrest who when they arrive? clash over before even the police cars arrived.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This one machiam scdf set up safety mattress at wrong block.
Counted as got deploy cover backside can liao....like this can't fault the person in charge say he never deploy

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just an excuse to claim territorial control in that area; who dares, wins. So the riot is the result of weak law enforcement and having jelly softie judges.

The idiotic mata mata who let the rogue off after he had criminally intimidated the hawker stall by throwing 30 packets of beehoon at the hawker; the jelly judges who took multiple charges into consideration when sentencing the criminals when it ought to be one sentence consecutively for each charge.

When sinapo has such idiots and jellies running law enforcement and criminal justice system, who is afraid of the law?

Weakness in law enforcement breeds contempt for the lawmen and the laws. Pappies ought to kick out the current Police Commissioner and the Chief Justice and replace them with others willing to kick ass and prevent the country from sliding back to the 1950s.

Currently, tax-payers are footing the bill for feeding and incarcerating prisoners, providing them medical benefits and paying for the guards etc. So long jail terms add costs to the SINKIE tax-payer.

Perhaps the PAP should start charging prisoners for lodging, food, security (guards), PUB charges for light and water etc etc. At the end of the jail-term invoice prisoners for payment that can deductable from their CPF or that of their immediate families(wife, working children)

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

absolutely agree, and i am with you on this. a couple of points .......

if you get an intel boss with no credentials other than a degree or being a scholar, what do you get? bozo the clown! and there are many bozos in the spf. in the good old days, the DSI was a feared officer, inside and outside the mata-chu. many of these underworld chaps would try and get close and be his informant on other gangs. any DSI not up to standard will soon be replaced by his OC Crime.

I have a young relative who joined the FORCE ( not star wars), with good paper qualifications, who than later UPGRADED to more paper qualifications & got promoted upwards. Started with one kid & a motorcycle, now driving a "GERMAN MADE CAR" & 3 kids....you think this kind of character will want risk life or get information to solve cases on the ground??...yes, SERVING THE PEOPLE....how to? with so much at risks, car, children & lovely house, good pay, bonuses, allowances etc ( platinum rice bowl)??

No to mention....became rally polly....you thing an example like this who live in the 'tower' above ground....would want to walk the ground & risk their salary, their career & life?.. get the picture!...

There are plenty BOZO the clowns in there..