• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

fuck stanchart marathon road closure which started at 1.30pm today

Kee Chew

Alfrescian
Loyal
why no one write about how much revenue

the millions Govt collected from pay tv rights to the SCB marathon on Sat ???

Screenshot_2019-12-02-10-39-50-533_com.facebook.katana.jpg

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh so this was why Sentosa island had such an insane traffic jam on Saturday afternoon?

Traffic along Allanbrooke Road slowed to a snail's pace, I overheard the annoyance of many ang moh expats and Tiong tourists.

Well done 人bank. You played yourself. :rolleyes:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
See the Fuvktard Econonices and Sovial
costs on the land trandport dystem. :

This post is dedicated to the organisers of the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2019. You organise a run in the heart of Singapore, closing roads in the CBD, Marina area, Keppel area, and some parts of West Coast and East Coast from 1.30pm. Sure. You then take it a step further by choosing a Saturday for your race, and a flag-off time from 6pm, with many of the major roads closed from 1pm till 1.30am the next day. This, I’m afraid, is a decision that reeks of nothing but stupidity and selfishness. One look at the full listing of roads that are scheduled to be closed and anyone with a brain will know that it’s going to be a disaster. It’s less than a month to Christmas, and there are events happening all over the island. Some have important family functions, and others are doing Christmas shopping. Some are heading for a concert, and others are rushing for their flights with several luggages in tow. Then there are weddings in every ballroom in every hotel all over the island, and there are people who need to travel by car/van simply because there are things to transport (e.g. bulky sound system, big instruments like cello/harp). Wedding attendees, who are decked in their best for the evening, will also mostly be driving. You come out to say that the race area is well-served by the MRT, and commuters are encouraged to take the MRT as their primary mode of transport. Any idiot would know that not everyone is able to hop on the MRT just like that, especially on a Saturday evening where the MRT is already packed even without the road closures. You clog up the entire Singapore with the worst jam of the decade bringing traffic islandwide to a complete standstill, no thanks to your road closures on a Saturday evening, no less. Simply put, you cannot simply close roads to make way for a run on a Saturday evening, because it affects a lot of people – many of whom are working. To my friend who spent close to 4 full hours in a jam travelling from Sentosa to Fullerton Hotel, I feel for you. To my other friend who had to wheel her harp down Nicoll Highway while rushing for a performance, I feel for you. To another friend who was stuck in a taxi with a full bladder only to reach her destination with a $55 fare, I feel for you. To the lady in a lovely gown who was a wedding organiser at a wedding I attended last evening and had no choice but to park somewhere else while making a dash to the hotel with bags of wedding photo albums in tow, I feel for you. To all my friends who were affected by the road closures with every other person posting on social media, I really do feel for you. I was caught in the dreaded jam too. To the organisers of the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon, for heaven’s sake, please don’t organize a Saturday evening race again. Have some compassion, even if you don’t have a brain. P.S. To my friends who took part and completed the race, congratulations! This post is not targeted at any of you. Love you all. Photo screenshot:

Junedy Lim
Should be writing in to the gahmen depts that authorised this crap. Kpkb Stan chart is pointless

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got stuck in traffic on highway, rained heavily, didn't know what the f%$%^k was going on. Later, I found out about the marathon, with that, plus the extremely heavy rain plus the Black Friday Sales...the traffic jams was terrible.
this kind of deadly combo jam... should just stay at home and koon. enjoy the cool weather at home.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN stan chart got business don't want do type do marathon also useless KNN my uncle waiting for opportunity to beat the ceo to puppy but still cannot locate the ceo KNN

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ran a number of local marathons in younger days. Ran again after 30 year just to confirm that worn cartilage can regenerate and jogging correctly will not damage your knees. It actually helps to regenerate worn cartilage through proper diet and "soft" impact with small steps, upright body and landing on the ball of the feet.

Glad to complete 21km with no strain or pain.

Has to agree with all public complaints on the road closure. The route is very badly chosen. It is no fun running between 2 rows of dark office buildings with no wind, no scenery and yet causing so much inconvenice to the public.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even the runners complained that it was too hot n humid to run at night. They still prefer the usual 4am flag-off on sat n sun. This stanchart should just follow the norm and not breakaway from tradition. They think they could replicate sundown marathon but caused traffic jam headaches this year.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN can you believe some of these lao bui ji near 50 rike @ginfreely type can even use this event to boast their timing of 10km @ 1hr 5mins KNN and even double boasted after that can drive car back home KNN

Last edited:

Kee Chew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any one how many 10s of millions in pay per view Broadcasting revenue collected for sat maranthon and pocketed by who ??? thanks.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
See the Fuvktard Econonices and Sovial
costs on the land trandport dystem. :

This post is dedicated to the organisers of the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2019. You organise a run in the heart of Singapore, closing roads in the CBD, Marina area, Keppel area, and some parts of West Coast and East Coast from 1.30pm. Sure. You then take it a step further by choosing a Saturday for your race, and a flag-off time from 6pm, with many of the major roads closed from 1pm till 1.30am the next day. This, I’m afraid, is a decision that reeks of nothing but stupidity and selfishness. One look at the full listing of roads that are scheduled to be closed and anyone with a brain will know that it’s going to be a disaster. It’s less than a month to Christmas, and there are events happening all over the island. Some have important family functions, and others are doing Christmas shopping. Some are heading for a concert, and others are rushing for their flights with several luggages in tow. Then there are weddings in every ballroom in every hotel all over the island, and there are people who need to travel by car/van simply because there are things to transport (e.g. bulky sound system, big instruments like cello/harp). Wedding attendees, who are decked in their best for the evening, will also mostly be driving. You come out to say that the race area is well-served by the MRT, and commuters are encouraged to take the MRT as their primary mode of transport. Any idiot would know that not everyone is able to hop on the MRT just like that, especially on a Saturday evening where the MRT is already packed even without the road closures. You clog up the entire Singapore with the worst jam of the decade bringing traffic islandwide to a complete standstill, no thanks to your road closures on a Saturday evening, no less. Simply put, you cannot simply close roads to make way for a run on a Saturday evening, because it affects a lot of people – many of whom are working. To my friend who spent close to 4 full hours in a jam travelling from Sentosa to Fullerton Hotel, I feel for you. To my other friend who had to wheel her harp down Nicoll Highway while rushing for a performance, I feel for you. To another friend who was stuck in a taxi with a full bladder only to reach her destination with a $55 fare, I feel for you. To the lady in a lovely gown who was a wedding organiser at a wedding I attended last evening and had no choice but to park somewhere else while making a dash to the hotel with bags of wedding photo albums in tow, I feel for you. To all my friends who were affected by the road closures with every other person posting on social media, I really do feel for you. I was caught in the dreaded jam too. To the organisers of the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon, for heaven’s sake, please don’t organize a Saturday evening race again. Have some compassion, even if you don’t have a brain. P.S. To my friends who took part and completed the race, congratulations! This post is not targeted at any of you. Love you all. Photo screenshot:

Junedy Lim

My kids and I had a great time running in the half marathon yesterday while my wife went for her facial. This Junedy and those getting married needs to be more considerate to the tens of thousands of runners.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
The next Stanchart Marathon should be held in Pulau Tekong....give the bum-boats operators some extra income too.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon apologises, says traffic studies carried out before race
Back-to-back traffic seen on Nov 30, 2019. (Photo: Facebook/ ROADS.sg)
05 Dec 2019 10:03AM
(Updated: 05 Dec 2019 10:36AM)
Share this content
Bookmark

SINGAPORE: The organiser of the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon (SCSM) has apologised following online complaints over traffic jams in the city area during the race on Saturday evening (Nov 30).
A post on the marathon's official Facebook page on Wednesday said: "We have read all your comments and feedback, and we apologise for the inconvenience caused."
Full traffic studies had been carried out in consultation with various partners, it added.
CNA contacted the marathon's organiser Ironman Asia and national sports agency Sport Singapore for their comments on Monday but has yet to receive a reply.
The Facebook said the planning of an evening marathon "was a year in the making", which also involved an "extensive stakeholder outreach programme" that began in January.
It added that "extensive road advisories" were disseminated through media outlets alongside its digital channel.
Roads were also reopened progressively to minimise inconvenience caused to road users.
On Nov 27, the Singapore Police Force announced that several roads and lanes would be closed due to the marathon.
This year's race was held for the first time at night. The new evening format was part of the organiser's bid to further the appeal of the race and improve the marathon's chances of being inducted into the Abbott World Marathon Majors, a series of the largest and most renowned marathons.
"In the last 18 years, SCSM has grown significantly to what it is today," the post said.
"We hope to see Singapore not only embrace the sport of running, but also celebrate the triumph of the human spirit over adversity.
"As we strive to put on the best race in coming years, your feedback goes a long way in helping us take one step closer to our goal: Making SCSM a race not just for runners, but a race for Singapore."
Source: CNA/ad(mn)

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go fuck yourself, Stanchart.
KNN correct KNN so far my uncle only can beat the scb counter staff and investment bankers to puppy but no chance to beat the CEO KNN if he got chance to work there thats it KNN it will be another round of beating KNN citibank ceo once has been beaten by him and aw away like a puppy KNN