• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

fuck stanchart marathon road closure which started at 1.30pm today

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Heads up: Sentosa island also super jam today. I think they're doing road works or closing the bridge.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
KNN during these sort of event you can see all the bui ji become sports man KNN after that become lazy tam chia again KNN
KNN the funniest part is seeing all the bui ji wearing their too tight "finisher" t-shirt and munching away on snacks after the event KNN. :biggrin:
KNN those bui ji can only walk, not run. Waste everybody's time and waste road space. They should be made to pay road tax! KNN :biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got stuck in traffic on highway, rained heavily, didn't know what the f%$%^k was going on. Later, I found out about the marathon, with that, plus the extremely heavy rain plus the Black Friday Sales...the traffic jams was terrible.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
When TCB talks people listen. TCB got the ability to set the election agendas. Something which opposition and to a certain extend WP don't possess.

For this reason, pap fears TCB.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On marathon days, you can always expect to see people wearing the the marathon's shirts at hawker centres and malls, and many photos of themselves participating in the marathon on social media. :biggrin:

Those who are really siao on about marathons might go to Boston, Tokyo etc to run. And they wear out many pairs of running shoes each year, sporting goods companies absolutely love them. :wink:

Kee Chew

Alfrescian
Loyal
A company that only hires foreigners.

See the Fuvktard Econonices and Sovial
costs on the land trandport dystem. :

This post is dedicated to the organisers of the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2019. You organise a run in the heart of Singapore, closing roads in the CBD, Marina area, Keppel area, and some parts of West Coast and East Coast from 1.30pm. Sure. You then take it a step further by choosing a Saturday for your race, and a flag-off time from 6pm, with many of the major roads closed from 1pm till 1.30am the next day. This, I’m afraid, is a decision that reeks of nothing but stupidity and selfishness. One look at the full listing of roads that are scheduled to be closed and anyone with a brain will know that it’s going to be a disaster. It’s less than a month to Christmas, and there are events happening all over the island. Some have important family functions, and others are doing Christmas shopping. Some are heading for a concert, and others are rushing for their flights with several luggages in tow. Then there are weddings in every ballroom in every hotel all over the island, and there are people who need to travel by car/van simply because there are things to transport (e.g. bulky sound system, big instruments like cello/harp). Wedding attendees, who are decked in their best for the evening, will also mostly be driving. You come out to say that the race area is well-served by the MRT, and commuters are encouraged to take the MRT as their primary mode of transport. Any idiot would know that not everyone is able to hop on the MRT just like that, especially on a Saturday evening where the MRT is already packed even without the road closures. You clog up the entire Singapore with the worst jam of the decade bringing traffic islandwide to a complete standstill, no thanks to your road closures on a Saturday evening, no less. Simply put, you cannot simply close roads to make way for a run on a Saturday evening, because it affects a lot of people – many of whom are working. To my friend who spent close to 4 full hours in a jam travelling from Sentosa to Fullerton Hotel, I feel for you. To my other friend who had to wheel her harp down Nicoll Highway while rushing for a performance, I feel for you. To another friend who was stuck in a taxi with a full bladder only to reach her destination with a $55 fare, I feel for you. To the lady in a lovely gown who was a wedding organiser at a wedding I attended last evening and had no choice but to park somewhere else while making a dash to the hotel with bags of wedding photo albums in tow, I feel for you. To all my friends who were affected by the road closures with every other person posting on social media, I really do feel for you. I was caught in the dreaded jam too. To the organisers of the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon, for heaven’s sake, please don’t organize a Saturday evening race again. Have some compassion, even if you don’t have a brain. P.S. To my friends who took part and completed the race, congratulations! This post is not targeted at any of you. Love you all. Photo screenshot:

Junedy Lim