• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Forum points revamp?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Except that it is a bit illogical to apply retrospectively. Good thing i did not carry out the "20-clones" army building like Raiders.
I understand whatever contribution to the forum is voluntary but i do see it as a purchase of points and rep power. To have the content of your purchase change.. 3 months after your purchase... is kind of scary. It is like selling you "unlimited" airtime phone service package, only to have it cut down to 30 minutes a month after you purchased it. This is like the way they implement laws in Papua New Guinea.

Nothing in the content has changed whatsoever.

The script was created for those who wanted to make a one off donation to the forum.

In return, those who were in moderation would have their moderation lifted immediately and they would be catapulted to "senior" status which means that donor accounts can issue infractions. Nothing has changed.

Donor accounts are also credited with 1000 rep points and nothing has changed here either.

The script is deactivated but the link is still there. Refer to http://www.sammyboy.com/nowait.php and show me where I have reneged on any of the terms.
[h=3]Payments[/h]You are now at the Sam's secure payment interface. Payment is via Verotel, a trusted name in on line payments. Click on "Proceed to Verotel Payment Gateway" and you will be redirected to the payment interface page. Once you have completed the transaction, your moderation will be lifted (if you are still in moderation) and promotion to "Senior Member" status is immediate. 1000 reputation points will also be added to your account. :smile:

If anything, InfP accounts have gained considerably relative to other groups as their power is now DOUBLE that of other members. However, there is no extra charge for this feature. You can have it FOC.

The formula that converts points, posts and seniority to rep power is being tweaked on a regular basis. I changed it a few months ago to increase power considerably but it was abused too much so I have backed it off. However, everyone has forgotten that prior to this change, power figures were even lower than they are now.

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Except that it is a bit illogical to apply retrospectively. Good thing i did not carry out the "20-clones" army building like Raiders.
I understand whatever contribution to the forum is voluntary but i do see it as a purchase of points and rep power. To have the content of your purchase change.. 3 months after your purchase... is kind of scary. It is like selling you "unlimited" airtime phone service package, only to have it cut down to 30 minutes a month after you purchased it. This is like the way they implement laws in Papua New Guinea.

Cooling measures work best when announced unexpectedly. :biggrin:

Having said that, a few high post count regulars like po2wq should be recognized for their efforts in facilitating discussions, as evidenced in their rep points.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Cooling measures work best when announced unexpectedly. :biggrin:

Having said that, a few high post count regulars like po2wq should be recognized for their efforts in facilitating discussions,

As long as he doesn't offer to give spelling lessons, I'll let him stay.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
But I can see your tolerance is splitting at the seams.

very stressful job this forum
too many intellectual giants here
too many very clever and smart forummers here
all very knowledgeable and very intelligent
but some are really screwed up
that's why so much headaches ...and sometimes heartaches:smile:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
very stressful job this forum
too many intellectual giants here
too many very clever and smart forummers here