• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Forum points revamp?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Darn! And I thought you started to have an iota of humanity in you :biggrin:

I am worse. I am in what you normally refer to as the sandwiched group - neither a senior nor a newbie - a class least well looked after, no million dollar salary and jiakhong liao bee directorships and no government handouts.

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Do you mean to say this situation can still arise with the revised reputation system?

You can never prevent a person from creating multiple accounts. But without the ability to donate to buy points, it is very hard to use multiple accounts to game the rep system. Don't forget posts no longer contribute to power. You can't just use 10 clones to post 10*50=500 messages daily and get power.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Crash ?

Peppercrab, the rising star, could define 'rubbish post' for us. We are loonies after all.

That was the point I was trying to make earlier. What exactly is rubbish and who decides how rubbish should be punished (by points deduction, by infraction, by temporary banning, etc).

I dislike administrative discretion. Too much personal bias/prejudice.

But that being said, there are clear cut cases of forum disruption and rubbish that should be dealt with. That's where the mods must come in.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suspect he is targetting the kopiuncle/theblackhole/ilovesingapore types who post 50 trash messages a day and racked up power fast under the old system. Now such types cannot rack up power by simply posting a heap of rubbish daily.

i doubt ah leong care what kopi post. but can see he beri tulan with AK who keep finding faults with ah leong.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You all keep making noise about newbie becoming a mod, heck I supported that, ah Leong want to appoint who, that's his business, you think he will listen to other people rantings?

It's his forum, it's his rule, it's his decision, something wrong then it's his faults.

Make noise for what?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I where got? :eek:

Did you ever see me complaining about the system change again and again?

god in heaven lor.

u didnt complain the current revamp but u sure step on ah leong toe since last year where u accuse ah leong of money grabbing.

as for the new mod, most just try to twist her tail lah. if dont like her, how can got rep points jump from 130+ before appoint as mod to now 750+? forummers must have been loving her since then.:biggrin:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
god in heaven lor.

u didnt complain the current revamp but u sure step on ah leong toe since last year where u accuse ah leong of money grabbing.

as for the new mod, most just try to twist her tail lah. if dont like her, how can got rep points jump from 130+ before appoint as mod to now 750+? forummers must have been loving her since then.:biggrin:
You think ah leong start this forum for charity? oh pls......

He's so desperate that he even asked Kinana to donate...

Last edited:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Crash ?

That was the point I was trying to make earlier. What exactly is rubbish and who decides how rubbish should be punished (by points deduction, by infraction, by temporary banning, etc).

I dislike administrative discretion. Too much personal bias/prejudice.

But that being said, there are clear cut cases of forum disruption and rubbish that should be dealt with. That's where the mods must come in.

you have already described rubbish contents - those kopiuncle types are rubbish. so they should be penalised, infracted and incarcerated....only those with screwball types and jw5 mentality are good contents which should be treasured and embraced..
tioh boh???

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You all keep making noise about newbie becoming a mod, heck I supported that, ah Leong want to appoint who, that's his business, you think he will listen to other people rantings?

It's his forum, it's his rule, it's his decision, something wrong then it's his faults.

Make noise for what?

this one i absolutely agree 100%.
mr leong is the boss. period.

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
I actually find the latest round of forum cooling measures by our dear Admin very fair, timely and incisive. :biggrin: