• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fleeting Pleasures

Mark9999

Alfrescian
Loyal
images.jpg

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, nicely said!:thumbsup: Yes, there is much pleasure to be derived from simply not doing anything, by creating stillness within our minds, by relishing the simple pleasures of life. I try to do all that, whenever I can in my daily life.

How's your progress on PUBG? A lot of chicken dinners?:biggrin:

Unfortunately only 3. Those dam kids are too good. They have lightning reflexes which old timers like me cannot match up to.

How the heck do they snipe with the bolt action rifles. It is beyond me. :notworthy:

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Happiness comes after ego death. When we realize and accept our insignificance in the scheme of things then do we become capable of enjoying the little things in life. Watching kids play, hearing a favourite song on the radio, getting a chicken dinner in pubG.

The pursuit of happiness comes from a desire to escape sorrow. But the pursuit brings sorrow too. We are always chasing the next mountain to climb, but what's wrong with camping out on a mountain and calling it a day? Others would call it being complacent, but living a life for the validation of others? Nah.

You seem to be on the right track, enjoying the simple things. Cliche as it sounds, having someone to love (spouse, children, nephews and nieces) brings lasting happiness. I can't recall the article, but i read we are programmed to feel good when we are altruistic. What better form of altruism than unconditional love for a loved one?

In this age of hyper stimulation, we need to re-learn the pleasure of simply doing nothing and staring at the clouds as they go by.
congrats!! super summary!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

*clap*clap*

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
I totally enjoy learning new words. My England not so good, so it's great I can learn new words from this cesspool.

Highlight said word, click web search, viola! Google is my best friend.
KNN you click web search kena musical instrument instead of french exclamatory phrase? KNN

KNN somemore after I just praise you so highly!! KNN.

*sighz* :roflmao:

sincerely,
in good fun

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Unfortunately only 3. Those dam kids are too good. They have lightning reflexes which old timers like me cannot match up to.

How the heck do they snipe with the bolt action rifles. It is beyond me. :notworthy:
Three is very good. Kids are just good at one thing, gaming. So they'd better be good at it.

I avoid first person shooters, I feel dizzy within a few minutes. Used to like those games, but now being an old fart, I can't handle them.:frown: