• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fleeting Pleasures

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ménage à moi is my solo form of fleeting pleasure. So is physical intimacy. I often indulge in these acts to get a short term cerebral cum emotional boost. While he appreciated my curves, I felt transiently pleasured and happier.

But are these real, sustainable and long term happiness? Or are these lustful acts nothing more than fleeting pleasures?

It is only human for me to seek validation. The validation metamorphosizes into fleeting pleasure, or perhaps, sometimes, happiness.

When I was little girl, I craved for my parents' praises. When I was in primary and secondary schools, I felt validated when I was appointed a prefect or achieved perfect (or almost perfect) grades. In junior college, validations came in the form of getting the most student votes and appointed a student councillor. Acing all my O, plus A level subjects and special papers felt immaculately gratifying too. It gave me the desired pleasure and happiness.

In university, a simple response from an alluring and charming law professor, that I had asked a good or intelligent question titillated my sense of achievement as a rising legal eagle. As a young maturing woman, knowing that guys found me sexually attractive and desirable, indulged my happiness index to a carnal level. In bed, seeing their euphoric orgasms made me awesomesauce, reminding me that I wielded supreme power over men's carnal weaknesses.

Seeking validation has taken a new format with technology and social media for many of us (or at least for majority of us under 40 or maybe 45). The agglomeration of mainstream Facebook and Instagram "likes" is another form of fleeting pleasure.

Some call these happiness, but I would rather call it a fleeting pleasure. Just like instant food, social media "likes" can quickly increase our ephemeral happiness index, evaporating just as fast after "consumption". It's akin to men who had ejaculated inside me, they quickly lost interest and fell asleep. And when they started snoring, whatever form of fleeting pleasure or happiness vanished into the loneliness and darkness of the night.

I reckon, we need both fleeting pleasures and real happiness to survive emotionally, in this technologically laced modern society, championed by a simple and small device, known as the mobile phone.

Pursuing happiness via quick fixes of fleeting pleasures may not be exclusively ideal, but real happiness doesn't just drop down from the blue skies either.

Consistent goal setting seems to be my only answer to find real happiness. Coupled with slowing my work pace, taking nature walks, appreciating what's around me, and those who matter most, I hope I can find real, sustainable, and long term happiness.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you a fatty? :cautious:
20191206_083342.jpg

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
Happiness comes after ego death. When we realize and accept our insignificance in the scheme of things then do we become capable of enjoying the little things in life. Watching kids play, hearing a favourite song on the radio, getting a chicken dinner in pubG.

The pursuit of happiness comes from a desire to escape sorrow. But the pursuit brings sorrow too. We are always chasing the next mountain to climb, but what's wrong with camping out on a mountain and calling it a day? Others would call it being complacent, but living a life for the validation of others? Nah.

You seem to be on the right track, enjoying the simple things. Cliche as it sounds, having someone to love (spouse, children, nephews and nieces) brings lasting happiness. I can't recall the article, but i read we are programmed to feel good when we are altruistic. What better form of altruism than unconditional love for a loved one?

In this age of hyper stimulation, we need to re-learn the pleasure of simply doing nothing and staring at the clouds as they go by.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN you want people to check dictionary everytime you post is it KNN live this way is very fake and tiring one you know KNN

For a moment, reading your above prevaricating post, I am dumbstruck.

First, I had not put a gun on your head to click on my threads nor peruse them.

Second, you barge in and posted crass pictures each time, which probably reverberates your distasteful personality.

Last but not least, you now pursue a course of conduct that I am inflicting mental and physical torment, in that you have to check the dictionary.

Your line of reasoning and conduct leaves no doubt that you are either highly prejudical, or on an absolute and intentional warpath, to drive me away from this forum.

Perhaps you should put me on the "ignore" mode, to save yourself from further embarassment. Also, you shouldnt ever need to use or check a dictionary again :rolleyes:

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Happiness comes after ego death. When we realize and accept our insignificance in the scheme of things then do we become capable of enjoying the little things in life. Watching kids play, hearing a favourite song on the radio, getting a chicken dinner in pubG.

The pursuit of happiness comes from a desire to escape sorrow. But the pursuit brings sorrow too. We are always chasing the next mountain to climb, but what's wrong with camping out on a mountain and calling it a day? Others would call it being complacent, but living a life for the validation of others? Nah.

You seem to be on the right track, enjoying the simple things. Cliche as it sounds, having someone to love (spouse, children, nephews and nieces) brings lasting happiness. I can't recall the article, but i read we are programmed to feel good when we are altruistic. What better form of altruism than unconditional love for a loved one?

In this age of hyper stimulation, we need to re-learn the pleasure of simply doing nothing and staring at the clouds as they go by.

Your words are indeed wisdom, especially the part in which you write about chasing happiness and end up being unhappy. :smile:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
For a moment, reading your above prevaricating post, I am dumbstruck.

First, I had not put a gun on your head to click on my threads nor peruse them.

Second, you barge in and posted crass pictures each time, which probably reverberates your distasteful personality.

Last but not least, you now pursue a course of conduct that I am inflicting mental and physical torment, in that you have to check the dictionary.

Your line of reasoning and conduct leaves no doubt that you are either highly prejudical, or on an absolute and intentional warpath, to drive me away from this forum.

Perhaps you should put me on the "ignore" mode, to save yourself from further embarassment. Also, you shouldnt ever need to use or check a dictionary again :rolleyes:
KNN that's my uncle mission in life i.e. screening of what is happening in this world and give warnings to people both real world and online not to be conned becas this world has too many tam chia ter nao people KNN also that is the reason my uncle warn people you are a refined ladyboy as depicted in the picture shown KNN

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN that's my uncle mission in life i.e. screening of what is happening in this world and give warnings to people both real world and online not to be conned becas this world has too many tam chia ter nao people KNN also that is the reason my uncle warn people you are a refined ladyboy as depicted in the picture shown KNN
I applaud your self declared altruism.

Now, can you point out the relevant parts of my first post that you felt deceiving or was "conned"? Or maybe you need "professional" help from a fellow forummer or forummers to scrutinise in detail?:rolleyes:

horny

Alfrescian
Loyal
This botak give u a like.u like?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191119-162345_BIGO LIVE.jpg
    Screenshot_20191119-162345_BIGO LIVE.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 142

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Ménage à moi is my solo form of fleeting pleasure. So is physical intimacy. I often indulge in these acts to get a short term cerebral cum emotional boost. While he appreciated my curves, I felt transiently pleasured and happier.

But are these real, sustainable and long term happiness? Or are these lustful acts nothing more than fleeting pleasures?

It is only human for me to seek validation. The validation metamorphosizes into fleeting pleasure, or perhaps, sometimes, happiness.

When I was little girl, I craved for my parents' praises. When I was in primary and secondary schools, I felt validated when I was appointed a prefect or achieved perfect (or almost perfect) grades. In junior college, validations came in the form of getting the most student votes and appointed a student councillor. Acing all my O, plus A level subjects and special papers felt immaculately gratifying too. It gave me the desired pleasure and happiness.

In university, a simple response from an alluring and charming law professor, that I had asked a good or intelligent question titillated my sense of achievement as a rising legal eagle. As a young maturing woman, knowing that guys found me sexually attractive and desirable, indulged my happiness index to a carnal level. In bed, seeing their euphoric orgasms made me awesomesauce, reminding me that I wielded supreme power over men's carnal weaknesses.

Seeking validation has taken a new format with technology and social media for many of us (or at least for majority of us under 40 or maybe 45). The agglomeration of mainstream Facebook and Instagram "likes" is another form of fleeting pleasure.

Some call these happiness, but I would rather call it a fleeting pleasure. Just like instant food, social media "likes" can quickly increase our ephemeral happiness index, evaporating just as fast after "consumption". It's akin to men who had ejaculated inside me, they quickly lost interest and fell asleep. And when they started snoring, whatever form of fleeting pleasure or happiness vanished into the loneliness and darkness of the night.

I reckon, we need both fleeting pleasures and real happiness to survive emotionally, in this technologically laced modern society, championed by a simple and small device, known as the mobile phone.

Pursuing happiness via quick fixes of fleeting pleasures may not be exclusively ideal, but real happiness doesn't just drop down from the blue skies either.

Consistent goal setting seems to be my only answer to find real happiness. Coupled with slowing my work pace, taking nature walks, appreciating what's around me, and those who matter most, I hope I can find real, sustainable, and long term happiness.

Any thoughts?
Well written, very astute observation of the human condition. And of the opposite sex. Men and women are wired differently but both share similar views on the pursuit of lasting happiness. But in bed, as you already know, most men just want to get off. The emotional aspect, so desired by women, is just a mere option when men are concerned. You are certainly dialed in to your 'inner self' and know what you need to do. I am sure you will find real and long term happiness.

As for me, being superficial and shallow, fleeting pleasure has more appeal. Plenty of them please! Peppered throughout my waking hours.:biggrin:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

Wow, nicely said!:thumbsup: Yes, there is much pleasure to be derived from simply not doing anything, by creating stillness within our minds, by relishing the simple pleasures of life. I try to do all that, whenever I can in my daily life.

How's your progress on PUBG? A lot of chicken dinners?:biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
fleeing pleasure for me is getting invited by “sha” to her potluck party, showing up with quinoa salad, but after ringing the doorbell there’s only sha herself at the doorway donning her ultra transparent lingerie. after dropping off the salad i flee.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, nicely said!:thumbsup: Yes, there is much pleasure to be derived from simply not doing anything, by creating stillness within our minds, by relishing the simple pleasures of life. I try to do all that, whenever I can in my daily life.

How's your progress on PUBG? A lot of chicken dinners?:biggrin:
May I ask, what are your simple pleasures in your life?