• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

favourite wanton mee

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is the hottest chilli wantan mee in SG, but not the best. The best is at Lavender food court.

I second what you said. Both cases I agree. Duman FC one chilli really super hot! Lavender one taste best too, but portion too small!

:cool:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For me personally, the chili is what makes a good wanton mee better. Lousy chili really screws up any good food including chicken rice, bak chor dried mee and even yong tau foo. I love eating spicy hot chili stuff.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pls lah.... Eng and Seng wanton mee at dunman hc is tasteless lah....the only thing is dat the chiili is damn hot...other than that, nothing exceptional lah.....if u wan good and cheap wanton mee, there is one at geylang east blk 133 coffeeshop...$2.50 quite big portion...best is dat when they serve u the noodle, the old lady will also bring a bowl of their special-made chilli sauce and ask how much u want to put :smile: ...first time i see in stinkapore. :smile: ....if u want more chilli, she will politely obliged, no problem.........very good customer service indeed......and the chilli sauce is really damn shiok...... Eng and Seng no fight with this one lah...:cool:

Sounds good with the geylang east blk 133, will go and try it out. Cheers.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I totally agree with u. That farking lavender store is a total rip-off! For a $4 plate, the portion of the noodles is so small that I can finished in 3 mouthfuls! Even for the $5 plate, there are only 3 puny wantons. WTF? So more that bitch taking the order can be quite bitchy and sacarstic at times!

Yes, it is a little over rated. Have tried it, not really that great, but very ex, even with S$5, portion very small. There are better ones out there.

tanny

Alfrescian
Loyal
there is a old coffeeshop between farrer pk mrt and the Hindu Perumal temple, a old teochew lady selling very delicious WTM for only $2.50. Real delicious!!!!!!!!

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Went to try the Tampines Round Market Wanton Mee as recommended by Brother Bus64. Personally, I have tried Lavender, Parklane and Geylang's Wanton Mee as well. Here are the FRs

Tampines Round Market
Variety: Large (They have all sort of noodles. Pork Rib, Sarawak Kolo Mee, Spinach Mee etc etc)
Noodle: Soggy, too wet. Noodle no taste. I prefer noodle laced with pork oil.
Toppings: Good. Char Siew and the normal wanton is nice. The fried wanton is ordinary.
Damages: $3-$7.
Potion: I have problem finishing a $4 portion. The portion is generous.
Return To Eat: Yes, just to see the milf stall owner's wife :biggrin:

Parklane Wanton Mee
Variety: Limited
Noodle: Dry, too dry.
Toppings: OK.
Damages: $3.50-$5.
Potion: Normal portion
Return to Eat: There are better options elsewhere
Remarks: The standard has dropped alot over the years especially since they started to hire many PRCs.

Lavender Food Centre
Noodle: Good control of heat and timing. Just nice. Q and springy, laced with pork oil.
Toppings: Normal. The normal wanton is nice.
Damages: $4/$5
Potion: Super small, even for a $5 portion.
Return to Eat: Yes, just for the pork oil laced noodle. Im a sucker for that.
Remarks: Beware of the black face stall helper. On most days, she looks as if you owe her money :o

Geylang Gong's Family Wanton Mee
Noodle: Ok, with a small dash of pork oil.
Toppings: Normal
Damages: $3-$5
Potion: The $5 portion is huge
Return to Eat: Yes, then hop over to Lorong 20 to look see :p
Remarks: The normal potion is ok. However, please note that if you add noodle to your potion, the guy who cooks the noodle seems to lose control over the timing and heat. The whole lot of noodle starts to become tangle together when served to you and becomes hard like a rock in no time.

Enjoy777

Alfrescian
Loyal
For my, favorite WTM is now at Zion Rd Hawker Centre, featuring Malaysian style dark sauce.
If you see a queue of 3 person, start queuing or there will be more people in the queue.

Enjoy !

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
Suck to the core lah this 1, no taste, mee not Q

Yah, they are all not Q. The most important thing is the mee must be Q. Go and try marine parade hawker centre, opposite the small lane from Parkway Parade. There are these row of Wantan mee competitors, facing RBS-ABN Amro Bank. One of them uses fresh Wantan Mee air-flown from Hong Kong 3 times a week. The mee is really, really Q. I dun knoe if they are still there, though. 1 year plus never go: too hot, sweat like hell, cannot tahan.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Among Chinese mee, wanton mee is at least much better than bak chor mee. Actually I don't eat wanton, I always order char siew only. At least that's sliced from whole piece of meat. If I want to make do with minced meat, I'd have gone for a hamburger. The char siew and the mee usually not bad though. At $2.50 - 3.00, quite reasonable. Don't want wanton, they'd give me a few more slices of char siew, fair enough. The $4 - 5 Lavender stall I've passed by several times before. Once I've seen the price, I walk on by. Never tried before. Crazy price. I'd rather add on a couple of dollars to have pork chop or fish and chips.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lavender wanton mee is most expensive and worst. Not say worst in taste or hot or not hot, middle somewhere. But worst in half plate portion. How to eat as a meal? 3 mouths and no more liao. Their mee made from dragon beard and their wanton made from dragon meat is it? Only thing I don't understand, why so many idiots queuing? I told me my friend don't bother belanjah me there anymore. The portion is an insult to anyone except like refugees scraping for leftover food on the streets. Must pay $4 for that?

Lanjiao! :oIo:

Belanjah I also don't want. :mad:

Last edited:

meshuggah78

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best Wanton Mee (though not in Singapore)

4/32-33 Soi Petchburi 19,
Pratunam, Bangkok
Tel: 02-653 9618, 081-839 5105
Business Hours: Opens daily from 9.30am - 5.30pm

Not trying to be drama-rama around here, but to me this is the best i never tasted!

Last edited: