• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

favourite wanton mee

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Best Wanton Mee (though not in Singapore)

4/32-33 Soi Petchburi 19,
Pratunam, Bangkok
Tel: 02-653 9618, 081-839 5105
Business Hours: Opens daily from 9.30am - 5.30pm

Not trying to be drama-rama around here, but to me this is the best i never tasted!
Oppsite Pratunam, also selling pork leg rice? I went there 3 weeks ago, they have shifted further inside the same road.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lavender wanton mee is most expensive and worst. Not say worst in taste or hot or not hot, middle somewhere. But worst in half plate portion. How to eat as a meal? 3 mouths and no more liao. Their mee made from dragon beard and their wanton made from dragon meat is it? Only thing I don't understand, why so many idiots queuing? I told me my friend don't bother belanjah me there anymore. The portion is an insult to anyone except like refugees scraping for leftover food on the streets. Must pay $4 for that?

Lanjiao! :oIo:

Belanjah I also don't want. :mad:
The portion is very little I must agree, but its the best of the wantan mee i've eaten. They dun use pork oil, they use chicken oil, which is sweeter, keeps wanting for more, LOL. Some of you are disgusted with the portion, I got nothing to say, but if say it's not nice, then something is wrong with your taste pallette.

meshuggah78

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oppsite Pratunam, also selling pork leg rice? I went there 3 weeks ago, they have shifted further inside the same road.

U are right bro! The building that they occupied previously was demolished.... Wanton Mee still taste good! I am not sure if i can find anything similar here in Singapore.

meshuggah78

Alfrescian
Loyal
The portion is very little I must agree, but its the best of the wantan mee i've eaten. They dun use pork oil, they use chicken oil, which is sweeter, keeps wanting for more, LOL. Some of you are disgusted with the portion, I got nothing to say, but if say it's not nice, then something is wrong with your taste pallette.

Chill it bros..

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

U are right bro! The building that they occupied previously was demolished.... Wanton Mee still taste good! I am not sure if i can find anything similar here in Singapore.
Its nice lah, but a bit porky smell to me, I like the mee. When I visit there, i always order 1 wantan mee and 1 pork leg rice, 55555....

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Don't have to go so far as Bangkok if all you want is a food feast trip. Hatyai got it all. Their mee kia used in wanton mee, duck mee, tom yam and various other versions of the dish is much better than anything in Malaysia and Singapore. In Thai, the mee kia is called mee lueang (yellow mee). The most common dish served with mee kia is called bak mee, served with mixed ingredients like our bak chor mee, not exactly the same but certainly much better.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Don't have to go so far as Bangkok if all you want is a food feast trip. Hatyai got it all. Their mee kia used in wanton mee, duck mee, tom yam and various other versions of the dish is much better than anything in Malaysia and Singapore. In Thai, the mee kia is called mee lueang (yellow mee). The most common dish served with mee kia is called bak mee, served with mixed ingredients like our bak chor mee, not exactly the same but certainly much better.
Knn, still the same old Ramseth, people talk wantan mee in SG, you can drag the topic off to Hatyai with your lor sor comments.

meshuggah78

Alfrescian
Loyal

tx for headsup!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Knn, still the same old Ramseth, people talk wantan mee in SG, you can drag the topic off to Hatyai with your lor sor comments.

Still lose to you, you drag it all the way up Bangkok. LOL!

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
price increases at the lavender wantoo mee stall...minimum $4 now !!!...still the same 3 mouthfuls and very watery.
i suspect still got something kowtow inside the gravy...dry wanton mee is really not dry but wet wet wet your appetite...

but no matter what lah...die die also must queue and makan....i think got something there to attract the crowd...
they were well known for their chicken porridge....maybe too many chickens around..so they switch 100% to wantoo mee....haha

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
the one at tiong bahru hawker centre not too bad...but must ask for special $4 !!!!...home made charsiew!!!
not bad lah...you don't have the same feeling as eating the wanton mee at lavender street.....but okay lah...

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The QQ Noodle House at Bugis Village serves the Sarawak version wantan mee, thats another place that I will go to eat, they also using chicken oil, no porky smell, but the chilli is not nice.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Besides the ones at basement Dunman, lavender sq, there are also 2 places: one at corner Cross/Amoy St in China Square(which cut its teeth at the old National Library at Stamford Rd back in the 60s), and two, at Maxwell Rd Market Food Centre (Kwangtung WTM).

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Besides the ones at basement Dunman, lavender sq, there are also 2 places: one at corner Cross/Amoy St in China Square(which cut its teeth at the old National Library at Stamford Rd back in the 60s), and two, at Maxwell Rd Market Food Centre (Kwangtung WTM).
Maxwell 1, their beef tendons mee is better than their wantan mee, HK style wantan mee

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
The ah seng wanton mee just above eng stall at dunman hawker centre is not bad
the worst wanton mee is fei fei at joo chiat,it comes with GST too.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Dunman Rd hawker centre, 2nd level. Good and cheap. Chilli's hot. Can eat poh piah there too, 2-3 stalls away. Soya bean drink also bagus. Carpark not bagus. Duck rice there also best.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

Do you know that the second level one is not the original one? It's moved to basement.

Dunman Rd hawker centre, 2nd level. Good and cheap. Chilli's hot. Can eat poh piah there too, 2-3 stalls away. Soya bean drink also bagus. Carpark not bagus. Duck rice there also best.