• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Does Singapore Still have Triads or Secret Societies???

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
Blk 307 AMK was vacated by 2004, then in 2005 it was kena demolished and rebuild. The new blk 307 now bears little resemblance to the old 307 that we know of...
Precisely, I dun think the new 307 has a coffeeshop, pardon me if i'm wrong

magical

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Below 100k is not shameful la, but like what u said, it depends largely on the influence of the headman. We once had a headman who is those stay at home time, seldom venture out of his territory, rarely goes drinking and everynite sitting in the same old coffeeshop. Ouf 7th month proceeds was less than 40k nia, eventually we retire him and replace with a new blood. The last few years was good, but we realised we had been slow but catching up with other branches. And our last year 7th month was slightly over 100k.This year we are targeting more. I heard si tong this year are organising 300 tables and pak hai 200 tables.

taxidriver

Alfrescian
Loyal
Below 100k is not shameful la, but like what u said, it depends largely on the influence of the headman. We once had a headman who is those stay at home time, seldom venture out of his territory, rarely goes drinking and everynite sitting in the same old coffeeshop. Ouf 7th month proceeds was less than 40k nia, eventually we retire him and replace with a new blood. The last few years was good, but we realised we had been slow but catching up with other branches. And our last year 7th month was slightly over 100k.This year we are targeting more. I heard si tong this year are organising 300 tables and pak hai 200 tables.

wow, See Tong is strong, i thought it was defunct.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

PHT has always been strong when it comes to 7th month dinners. Many of their rich chaps are into underground business, especially 4D and Toto. The many cars parked in the viciinity when dinner is on is a good indicator of their wealth and influence. Imo, the strongest in the western part of S'pore. GHK should be second.

Si Tong no longer actively recruiting. Alot of senior citizens in their ranks. $$$$ support from overseas. They are also represented up in Jurong.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think they have shifted to the hawker centre at blk 226 AMK ave 3, which is another hot spot for AST?

yes, most have shifted there. btw, 226 HC is controlled by 2 lee taos. AST and TYT. TYT side is facing the main road, whereas AST side is facing the inner part of the market.

both lee tao also tiao lang to support strength. AST reinforcement comes from 307, whereas TYT reinforcement comes from 202.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes, most have shifted there. btw, 226 HC is controlled by 2 lee taos. AST and TYT. TYT side is facing the main road, whereas AST side is facing the inner part of the market.

both lee tao also tiao lang to support strength. AST reinforcement comes from 307, whereas TYT reinforcement comes from 202.

Overseas mafia fight for control of turf.
Sinkieland turf all owned by pap.
SS fight over to control leftovers breadcrumbs like HC....one HC still need to share....

taxidriver

Alfrescian
Loyal
PHT has always been strong when it comes to 7th month dinners. Many of their rich chaps are into underground business, especially 4D and Toto. The many cars parked in the viciinity when dinner is on is a good indicator of their wealth and influence. Imo, the strongest in the western part of S'pore. GHK should be second.

Si Tong no longer actively recruiting. Alot of senior citizens in their ranks. $$$$ support from overseas. They are also represented up in Jurong.

i am pretty sure PHT is quite strong in the commercial affairs but not so sure about GHK. I think GHK is close to defunct now. PHT also seems to be dwindling. Loose gangs like 369 sprouting everywhere, tough for the poodles to control them.

iamhere

Alfrescian
Loyal
historically, they were from surviving military clans formed as "the resistance" after fall of dynasties to undermine usurpers of the throne. underground rebels so to speak. traditional chinese dynasties carry triangular flags for war. it was for practical purposes to minimize wind load due to large size for visual aid and ease of twirl and sway during handling and marches. the mongols perfected the use of triangular flags for battlefield signaling, and they were done exclusively on horseback. the early instance of resistance to a usurper was near the end of the han dynasty, with triads fashioning themselves as saviors and protectors of the people in the likes of liu bang, kuan yu and that bushy bearded buffoon. go to any temples on cny, and you'll find triad members paying homage to kuan yu, symbol of bravery, virtue and honor. :biggrin:

the drawings in temples showing Guan Yu, Guan Ping and Zhou Cang...

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am pretty sure PHT is quite strong in the commercial affairs but not so sure about GHK. I think GHK is close to defunct now. PHT also seems to be dwindling. Loose gangs like 369 sprouting everywhere, tough for the poodles to control them.

Nah, PHT is doing well, they have lots of new blood, and from what I hear their old timers are raking it in. And till now, nobody have been able to plant flag in their mountain stronghold.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

wow, See Tong is strong, i thought it was defunct.

The See Tong old timers are still around, that one I can confirm.

300 tables in the same venue? Where can hold, anyway, they must have alot of supporters.

200 tables for PHT, that I'm not surprised.

youth123

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ya, TYT is also active in that area. I also remember GLK at blk 107 as well.

taxidriver

Alfrescian
Loyal
Overseas mafia fight for control of turf.
Sinkieland turf all owned by pap.
SS fight over to control leftovers breadcrumbs like HC....one HC still need to share....

HC = Hawker Centre?
WTF they do with these areas man. cannot set up gambling dens, no protection money. seat all day and drink ABC stout also must pay money. quite ridiculous to say you are a SS member and these are what you do in your territory.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HC = Hawker Centre?
WTF they do with these areas man. cannot set up gambling dens, no protection money. seat all day and drink ABC stout also must pay money. quite ridiculous to say you are a SS member and these are what you do in your territory.
Last time got ah longs and bookies operate from HC and kopitiams....now all gone hi tech....really beats me what benefits from 'owning' a HC as turf.....besides the 7th month dinners as mentioned.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Attended one of GHK's dinner in Jurong years ago. Maybe 150 tables. From what I know, both groups aren't dwindling. Between the two, PHT has more $$$ and more members.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And till now, nobody have been able to plant flag in their mountain stronghold.

Any attempts will be met by strong resistance. Sure to have many casualites if clash takes place. Fortunately, most of these strongholds are more or less accepted by other groups.

taxidriver

Alfrescian
Loyal
Attended one of GHK's dinner in Jurong years ago. Maybe 150 tables. From what I know, both groups aren't dwindling. Between the two, PHT has more $$$ and more members.

you seem well connected. youths of their gangs been fighting each other since 90's. don't understand what's in for these gang members nowadays.