• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Does Singapore Still have Triads or Secret Societies???

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suspected that the PAP is connected to the triad, thank you for confirming that. As the adage says that if it walks like a triad, talks like a triad, it must be a triad.

that explains the heavy security for some elites when they travel even within singapore. many paths must have been crossed along the way.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that explains the heavy security for some elites when they travel even within singapore. many paths must have been crossed along the way.

A successful people's revolution in sinkapore will require the leadership of the triads. When the triads get fed up with the PAP, that's when change will take place.

Another scenario would be the arrival of triads from Malaysia and beyond.

magical

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A successful people's revolution in sinkapore will require the leadership of the triads. When the triads get fed up with the PAP, that's when change will take place.

Another scenario would be the arrival of triads from Malaysia and beyond.

Triads from malaysia and singapore are interlinked. Triads in singapore had already evolved, most have already become sucessful business, dealing in ktvs, pubs and properties. Seventh month is the money generating month for triads, its call extra pocket money.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SS/triad, illegal gambling and prostitution will NEVER be eradicated.
Let me add 2 more...drugs and loansharking....
I think maybe only in north korea these vices are eradicated?

I suspected that the PAP is connected to the triad, thank you for confirming that. As the adage says that if it walks like a triad, talks like a triad, it must be a triad.

Back then lky made used of SS to canvass votes for him....they were his grassroots then.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Triads from malaysia and singapore are interlinked. Triads in singapore had already evolved, most have already become sucessful business, dealing in ktvs, pubs and properties. Seventh month is the money generating month for triads, its call extra pocket money.

Glad you pointed out properties. Quite a number are very successful here. Instead of gambling away their money, they invested into properties and made good money from their investment. All driving cars which cost more than 500k. Most also own more than one car.

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
With a username like yours, you can't really fault me can you?
I'm not faulting you... In HK, China even Taiwan... who will admit he or she is a triad member even if he/she really is!!!

Like what GoldenDragon has mentioned, the biggest gangster who are those with loads of monies... But will they admit they are the BOSS of a triad backing the triad with their wealth? The answer is NO....

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seventh month is the money generating month for triads, its call extra pocket money.

The influence of the organisers is closely linked to the amount of cash collected from biddings. If end of the night below 100k, quite shameful! I attended one many years ago when a single person spent almost 300k bidding for items deemed non-essential to him. He returned the items for another round of bidding.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Like what GoldenDragon has mentioned, the biggest gangster who are those with loads of monies... But will they admit they are the BOSS of a triad backing the triad with their wealth? The answer is NO....

These are usually the ones who have now made it. They are highly likely to be legitimate bizmen. But never test them thinking they can be bullied or suckered.
If the need arises, many will be prepared to die for these chaps as long as their families are taken care of.

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
These are usually the ones who have now made it. They are highly likely to be legitimate bizmen. But never test them thinking they can be bullied or suckered.
If the need arises, many will be prepared to die for these chaps as long as their families are taken care of.
You're right, in HK we called it “安家费”

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is the oath one needs to take before joining Singapore No.1 Triad.

We, the citizens of Singapore,
pledge ourselves as one united people,
regardless of race, language or religion,
to build a democratic society
based on justice and equality
so as to achieve happiness, prosperity and
progress for our nation.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The influence of the organisers is closely linked to the amount of cash collected from biddings. If end of the night below 100k, quite shameful! I attended one many years ago when a single person spent almost 300k bidding for items deemed non-essential to him. He returned the items for another round of bidding.

i last went to an temple 7th month auction dinner maybe 26-27 years ago at the selatar farmway organised by the AST. those day, one ribbon ard $25 each, almost every shop owners along jalan kayu road will buy at least one regardless of religon afflication. the two items to attract the highest bid confirm the "black gold" and "bee tang". both items can go to ten of thousands, quite amazing considering a hdb 3rm flat cost ard $40k only.:eek:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i last went to an temple 7th month auction dinner maybe 26-27 years ago at the selatar farmway organised by the AST. those day, one ribbon ard $25 each, almost every shop owners along jalan kayu road will buy at least one regardless of religon afflication. the two items to attract the highest bid confirm the "black gold" and "bee tang". both items can go to ten of thousands, quite amazing considering a hdb 3rm flat cost ard $40k only.:eek:

Time to attend another, bro. 26-27 years is a long time ago. Yes, that's AST territory. 'Bee tang' and 'black gold' continues to be 'bestsellers' today.

Used to chiong at one of the nightspot inside Seletar Airbase. Thereafter, roti prata at Jalan Kayu. But a major raid by the police about 2 years ago led to closure of these outlets. Many AST chaps also up bus. Had their ID registered in SSB records.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not faulting you... In HK, China even Taiwan... who will admit he or she is a triad member even if he/she really is!!!

Just curious, why these people still want to be the boss of triads after they have loads of money? Especially if their business is now legit.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Time to attend another, bro. 26-27 years is a long time ago. Yes, that's AST territory. 'Bee tang' and 'black gold' continues to be 'bestsellers' today.

Used to chiong at one of the nightspot inside Seletar Airbase. Thereafter, roti prata at Jalan Kayu. But a major raid by the police about 2 years ago led to closure of these outlets. Many AST chaps also up bus. Had their ID registered in SSB records.

i only know seletar airport outside had one makeshift coffeeshop stall that sell mee rubus. even that was demolished by URA last year. as for nite spot aka pub, only know one near to the camp main gate, beside the golf driving range. that pub got handy panky meh?