• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Did the SPF run away from rioters? Here is the proof.....

chilakak

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok even if you are rite from the blurred video that they are police and indeed carrying service revolvers,,,and You are one of them facing this uncontrollable mob...WOULD YOU OPEN FIRE?

Why you like to peng your words all over? First you insist it is not SPF personnel hiding in the ambulance and that they are AETOS, then someone proves to you they are SPF, you peng your story to "will you fire if you are them?"
Was that even the point of the TS to begin with?

Grow a set of balls if you want to blindly defend the indefensible! Otherwise using "Singapore" as your nick is simply disgraceful to our beloved country, you bloody moron!

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They are the SINGAPORE POLICE FORCE

run_away1.gif

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A Singaporean:
December 12, 2013 at 8:32 pm

(Quote)
If not for the Alternative media we will not be able to see our policemen hiding in an ambulance and then being chased by rioters. It does not augur well for our SPF. The way they ran out and away from the ambulance is very comical.

Our policemen running away from rioters? Shouldn’t they be protecting the people and police vehicles and ambulance? These are public properties isn’t it? How can we depend on our SPF to protect us in time of needs?

Are they just good enough to catch a small thief? And then they were commended for putting down the riot quickly.

Does not make sense.

cheesecake

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ambulances carry oxygen tanks and rightly so, it is best to get away as fast as possible as they intend to burn it. As expected the tanks exploded.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Having coffeeshop talk with friends on this video. A question raised was why did that group of ft approach the ambulance. After repeating the video many times, we concluded that they were good Samaritan who went to tell those in the ambulance that the coast is clear and they can get out now. Those in the group should be identified and rewarded.

apogee

Alfrescian
Loyal
watch the video again...still feel that they are unarmed AETOs that patrol the area on weekends ... anyway..i could be wrong as the video is not that clear...

AETOs are business rivals of CISCO. Are Ciscos armed? Yes, sometimes depending on their duty

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, if our world-best Special Operations Command were not such wusses, I'd expect an outcome more like this:
dont_m6.jpg

Attachments

• Dont-mess-with-Marines.jpg
    Dont-mess-with-Marines.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
The MPs for Serangoon should resign too. Serangoon has become a shit hole for donkey years now and people have been complaining about it but nothing was done.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let's be fair to the first responders. I can make many recommendations now as I am viewing the event on hindsight. Taking cover is necssary but using the ambulance is not a good choice. Running away quickly to avoid flying missiles is rational but it looks silly when no one is attacking them.

Without hindsight, I may have reacted similarly but it is ok because I am a layman. However, expectation will be different if I am in my reservist uniform as I am expected to have been trained on the appropriate action to mitigate such a situation.

Are they trained? Probably yes but was not taken seriously as such situation is so remote until that day. Are they issued with proper equipment for a riot? Probably yes again but again the second group that responded probably did not expect the situation to be so bad that they need to wear helmet with face shield to protect themselves even after getting feedback from the first responders that the situation was bad. At the end, it boils down to training and readiness.

This incident has some similarities with our mrt system. It takes a major breakdown to wake up the authority to remove the management and overhaul the system. There are many other critical systems that are working fine now. I hope that the 2 lessons are adequate wake up calls not to take things on surface value and think that everything is fine.

Last edited:

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope that the 2 lessons are adequate wake up calls not to take
things on surface value and think that everything is fine.

I'm afraid that you hope in vain, as they think this is an isolated incident. Won't happen again in their lifetimes.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
that I am not sure...i may be wrong...i dont see them armed....perhaps thats why now they replace these Aetos last few days to Red Bert police....

Armed or not armed, rioters still able to burn their vehicles and where were they? Hiding, watching, trembling or pissing in their pants?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let's be fair to the first responders. I can make many recommendations now as I am viewing the event on hindsight. Taking cover is necssary but using the ambulance is not a good choice. Running away quickly to avoid flying missiles is rational but it looks silly when no one is attacking them.

Without hindsight, I may have reacted similarly but it is ok because I am a layman. However, expectation will be different if I am in my reservist uniform as I am expected to have been trained on the appropriate action to mitigate such a situation.

Are they trained? Probably yes but was not taken seriously as such situation is so remote until that day. Are they issued with proper equipment for a riot? Probably yes again but again the second group that responded probably did not expect the situation to be so bad that they need to wear helmet with face shield to protect themselves even after getting feedback from the first responders that the situation was bad. At the end, it boils down to training and readiness.

This incident has some similarities with our mrt system. It takes a major breakdown to wake up the authority to remove the management and overhaul the system. There are many other critical systems that are working fine now. I hope that the 2 lessons are adequate wake up calls not to take things on surface value and think that everything is fine.

Agree. Worth noting that training cannot be the panacea to all problems.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suspect there may be conspiracy inside the SPF circles and some of the mata may be brothers to Boon Gay and they just refused to cooperate with their seniors who purged boon gay eventhough boon gay was acquitted

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
sibei xia sway leh.
no wonder bush has to bring his airforce 1 and his troop to singapore when he visit here.
no wonder lky employ gukka as his body guard.
knn if police cannot protect me..i guess i have to bring protection tool out the next time.