• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cycle & Carriage , Mercedes-Benz & Wendy Ng

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
1. I will never get a Lexus, it drives like a Jap car. Even Honda did a better job on drive-ability.

2. Toyota quality is down, I would rather select a Hyundai over Toyota for a 4 cylinder car. The Hyundai interior quality is better, the new engine variants are more refined + efficient and the cars are more reliable - not to mention the styles look better.

>>>>>> Source: http://www.newcars.com/reviews/toyota-corolla-vs-hyundai-elantra-sedan.html <<<<<<

That is what crumple zones are for. Take the impact from the driver. But airbags can be the killer.

Hahaha, spoken like someone who does not own a car, or knows anything about them. My family (including myself, siblings, parents....etc.) have owned Mazdas, Toyotas, Hondas, Subaru, Nissan, and yes, Lexus. A Lexus does not drive like any Japanese car. Just closing the door sounds different from any other Jap cars. My father has a LS, and I have driven it many times. If you can hear any outside noise, than u have fantastic hearing. The ride, and comfort compared to other jap cars is light years ahead. He has owned 3 Mercs S classes, and this Lexus is head and shoulders above them all. The reliability is outstanding as well as the customer service. U can take the best that Honda can offer and it does not and can not compare to a top end Lexus.

As for Hyundai, that's how they attract the customers. The interiors are nice, but u can drive a Toyota for 300,000kms and more. U can go to other countries, and you will not see many 10 year plus Hyundais around, but plenty of old Toyotas. Your Hyundai will start rattling and creaking at 100,000 km, and at between 150,000-200,000km, it will give u so much problem its better to junk it, or shoot it. By this time u will be cursing the car and wishing u bought a Toyota, and u will fuck care about the interior. People like u quote car reviews, but I actually own and drive them.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As for Hyundai, that's how they attract the customers. The interiors are nice, but u can drive a Toyota for 300,000kms and more. U can go to other countries, and you will not see many 10 year plus Hyundais around, but plenty of old Toyotas. Your Hyundai will start rattling and creaking at 100,000 km, and at between 150,000-200,000km, it will give u so much problem its better to junk it, or shoot it. By this time u will be cursing the car and wishing u bought a Toyota, and u will fuck care about the interior. People like u quote car reviews, but I actually own and drive them.

I am making a point about car quality in 2011. There are still a lot of 1970s Merc running in Middle East!

Obviously, you have not kept up to date to year 2011. Hyundai is not the Pony2 quality car anymore. I lost my bet after driving a fleet ix35. So, I am telling from experience, this brand has arrived! Even the hard-to-design car doors sound good.

I drove a Lexus for about 255km and almost fell asleep at the wheels. But WRX woke me up. LOL

My mechanic has towed a lot more Yaris and Corollas these days.He said that Toyota selected the wrong car suppliers and quality has gone down. Don't be mistaken, Toyota is still an excellent brand, but the past CEO killed the car reputation of reliability.

I do not want to talk about Aussie-built Camry or Aurion. I won't buy an Aussie built car.

Anyone want a Proton, Greet Wall or Ssangyong?

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
My father has a LS, and I have driven it many times. If you can hear any outside noise, than u have fantastic hearing.

If that is the case, then Lexus should not be allowed on the roads. The driver wouldn't be able to hear ambulance siren and car horn.

BTW, since we're all hiding behind computers, my father owns a few air bus and yacht.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

About Hyundai, I spoke to a KIA engineer before.
It is only in the last 2 years that the cars have come of age.
Eg the new 1.8l Nu Engine performs a lot better then the 2.0l Beta engine it replaces.

Also, Hyundai know about their cars feeling like used tin cans after 20,000km driving in bumpy Sydney roads. They have no choice, not enough money for research and the cars need to be built to a lower cost.

But after 2005?,they started investing a lot in European design and engineering - the results is what we are beginning to see. Japanese quality Korean cars that are built to last.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mDDSUqu5SnE?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mDDSUqu5SnE?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
But after 2005?,they started investing a lot in European design and engineering - the results is what we are beginning to see. Japanese quality Korean cars that are built to last.

Korean invested a lot in European design and engineering and ended up producing a Japanese quality car ??

Didn't know that was how Japanese quality evolved.:*:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Korean invested a lot in European design and engineering and ended up producing a Japanese quality car ??

Didn't know that was how Japanese quality evolved.:*:

They also learnt from the Americans.
They learnt from the best.

South Koreans are already capable of building quality products. Like the Japs, it is in their DNA.

Just like Singaporeans can be trusted to do a good job. That is how I got first employed in OZ. :biggrin: My employer has a Singapore office.

If you ask the Malaysian or Australian to produce quality work, wait long long. :rolleyes:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

This klnd of statement is unfounded. Chrysler can also say the same thing. They have spend billions $ with direct technical input from their former parent company Diamler Benz, yet their cars are still shit. The only way to know is wait until 2020 and see how many Hyundais are on the road compared with Toyota. Before that, its all just talk and hot air.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
They also learnt from the Americans.
They learnt from the best.

South Koreans are already capable of building quality products. Like the Japs, it is in their DNA.

Just like Singaporeans can be trusted to do a good job. That is how I got first employed in OZ. :biggrin: My employer has a Singapore office.

If you ask the Malaysian or Australian to produce quality work, wait long long. :rolleyes:

Oh...so it's European design/engineerying or Americans ? Have you made up your mind ?

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh...so it's European design/engineerying or Americans ? Have you made up your mind ?

Both.
The design shops are in both Germany and US.

This klnd of statement is unfounded. Chrysler can also say the same thing. They have spend billions $ with direct technical input from their former parent company Diamler Benz, yet their cars are still shit. The only way to know is wait until 2020 and see how many Hyundais are on the road compared with Toyota. Before that, its all just talk and hot air.

I always suspect the opposite. Americans do not learn from others. They expect the Germans to learn from them.
That is why Merc quality went down. LOL

Hyundai need to beat the Chinese car makers and go upmarket. Bookmark this for 2020.

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both.
The design shops are in both Germany and US.

If Koreans want to build Japanese quality cars, why didn't they go to Japan ? Why did they choose America and Europe ? America produces fuck up cars like Chrysler, and Europe, problematic cars like Merz and BMW.

Why didn't the Koreans go straight to Toyota factory ?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Don't like that say la. Lexus car is not bad la and hiding behind my computer I only can say that I wish I will own a LS one day. Its my dream. So far can afford only RXs and GS. :(

If that is the case, then Lexus should not be allowed on the roads. The driver wouldn't be able to hear ambulance siren and car horn.

BTW, since we're all hiding behind computers, my father owns a few air bus and yacht.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't like that say la. Lexus car is not bad la and hiding behind my computer I only can say that I wish I will own a LS one day. Its my dream. So far can afford only RXs and GS. :(

Eh....you suaning me izzit ? You know I travel via Klong Saen Saep.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hey bro no la I no intention to say like that to a following bro in the same foreign land. Anyway you noticed now a days on Bangkok roads have many Lexus vans and pickups, so so many.

Eh....you suaning me izzit ? You know I travel via Klong Saen Saep.

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Khun Ying Pojaman said:
If Koreans want to build Japanese quality cars, why didn't they go to Japan ? Why did they choose America and Europe ? America produces fuck up cars like Chrysler, and Europe, problematic cars like Merz and BMW.

Why didn't the Koreans go straight to Toyota factory ?

From what I remember, Koreans started with Japanese engines (Mitsubishi I believe), earlier than the current generation at that time. As they progressed they replaced it with their own engine. European designs, particularly Italian, are more for their chassis design, not the mechanics. Why go America? What can you learn? If you go to US to do a JV, it is more for their market.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From what I remember, Koreans started with Japanese engines (Mitsubishi I believe), earlier than the current generation at that time. As they progressed they replaced it with their own engine. European designs, particularly Italian, are more for their chassis design, not the mechanics. Why go America? What can you learn? If you go to US to do a JV, it is more for their market.

Almost all Japanese and later Korean and Chinese and even later Thai, Malaysian, SEA etc. engines are based on and supported by Mitsubishi designed. It was capable of building warplanes to fight world wars two generations ago, what's car engines to them? It's just forced by the defeat in the war not to manufacture arms anymore.

Last edited: