• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cycle & Carriage , Mercedes-Benz & Wendy Ng

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now the rules of the lucky draw have changed.

The sole agent will not give away ownership of the car, but lease it to the winner F.o.C. for 10 years.

Will you choose a Benz or Camry ?

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
I Disagree !

Tank-Challenger-1-VGD1JEUR3U-1024x768.jpg

Get a German car if you want a safe car. Get a Toyota if you want a reliable car. If you have an accident between a Japanese car and a German car, the result is rather clear that the German one is the winner. Get a tank !

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: I Disagree !

Get a German car if you want a safe car. Get a Toyota if you want a reliable car. If you have an accident between a Japanese car and a German car, the result is rather clear that the German one is the winner. Get a tank !

That's a myth. Go to http://www.howsafeisyourcar.com.au and you'll find Jap cars with 5 star ratings and German cars with 4 star ratings.

It's not about how much the car crumples on impact. It's how well the occupants are protected in the event of an accident.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

That's a myth. Go to http://www.howsafeisyourcar.com.au and you'll find Jap cars with 5 star ratings and German cars with 4 star ratings.

It's not about how much the car crumples on impact. It's how well the occupants are protected in the event of an accident.

Last week wife was in her new RX along Ramintra Road, traffic was pretty heavy stop and go stop and go. Suddenly a car ram at the RX's butt very hard. Wife went down to look and it was Volvo S60, bonnet crumbled, right head light came off on the road, bumper cumbered. RX just got scratches and a slight dent. Was surprised. Will claim his insurance.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'd choose the Merc of course. I'd then sell it to some dumb fuck Chinaman who wants to show the world that he's made it in life.

I'd then buy a Toyota and invest what's left over.

1. I will never get a Lexus, it drives like a Jap car. Even Honda did a better job on drive-ability.

2. Toyota quality is down, I would rather select a Hyundai over Toyota for a 4 cylinder car. The Hyundai interior quality is better, the new engine variants are more refined + efficient and the cars are more reliable - not to mention the styles look better.

>>>>>> Source: http://www.newcars.com/reviews/toyota-corolla-vs-hyundai-elantra-sedan.html <<<<<<

Last week wife was in her new RX along Ramintra Road, traffic was pretty heavy stop and go stop and go. Suddenly a car ram at the RX's butt very hard. Wife went down to look and it was Volvo S60, bonnet crumbled, right head light came off on the road, bumper cumbered. RX just got scratches and a slight dent. Was surprised. Will claim his insurance.

That is what crumple zones are for. Take the impact from the driver. But airbags can be the killer.

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
2. Toyota quality is down, I would rather select a Hyundai over Toyota for a 4 cylinder car. The Hyundai interior quality is better, the new engine variants are more refined + efficient and the cars are more reliable - not to mention the styles look better.

Most reliable cars

GM makes big strides but has a long way to go

Last reviewed: April 2011

reliability-chart-sample3.jpg

Research Reliability Ratings for 2011 models by category (available to subscribers). Learn more about reliability and owner satisfaction.

While Honda and Toyota still dominate in reliability, General Motors has improved considerably in our latest predicted-reliability Ratings. Those are the findings of our 2010 Annual Auto Survey, based on subscribers' experiences with 1.3 million vehicles.

While some GM nameplates had been among the least reliable brands in past years, they now rank above some major European competitors. But as a company, GM is still far from tops in reliability.

Across GM brands (Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, and GMC), 69 percent of models had average or better reliability. Cadillac improved the most, rising seven places from last year's ranking. Chevrolet had its best showing in years; 83 percent of models had average or better scores in predicted reliability, up from 50 percent. Also noteworthy:

• The major Asian brands are still doing well overall. All models from Acura, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Scion, and Toyota have at least average predicted reliability.
  • Ford continues to be the most reliable American automaker. Ninety percent of Fords, including Lincoln models, have at least average reliability.
  • Chrysler remains the lowest-ranked manufacturer in our survey. We can recommend only one of its vehicles, the four wheel-drive Dodge Ram 1500.
  • While European reliability had been improving, momentum seems to have stalled. All Porsche and Volvo models are rated average or better. But Audi, BMW, and Mercedes-Benz are among the worst automakers overall.
  • The Porsche Boxster has the best predicted reliability in our survey, while the Audi A6 3.0T and Jaguar XF have the worst.

M

Mdm Tang

Premium ST Forum

Published on Oct 5, 2011

'Lemon' Merc was checked thoroughly

THE car Ms Wendy Ng referred to in her letter on Monday ('Stuck with an expensive lemon on four wheels') belongs to her husband with whom we have been engaging regarding his feedback that his car experienced intermittent stalling at low speeds.

The car was never towed in and its onboard system did not have any record of these occurrences which would usually be captured if they happened. We conducted extensive road tests between July last year and April this year, to replicate the stalling symptoms but there was none, in tests by our service staff or jointly with the car owner. All necessary precautionary measures for the vehicle were carried out to the best of our knowledge based on the situation.

We have advised the car owner, if safety permits, to alert our technical manager should the stalling occur and not to restart the vehicle until our technical team arrives on site.

We have not received any feedback since May this year.

As for the owner's feedback about the car's air-conditioning, the unit is in our service centre for rectification and we are constantly updating him.

Gary Chan
Head, Mercedes-Benz Service Centre
Cycle & Carriage Industries

#############################

Premium ST Forum

Published on Oct 5, 2011

Day their luxury car stalled on highway

MS WENDY Ng's letter on Monday ("Stuck with an expensive lemon on four wheels") brought back memories of a terrifying experience my family and I experienced recently with the Mercedes-Benz we bought in July last year.

The car stalled within six months of us taking possession of it. We were told that it was a software problem and the car was re-programmed.

In June, my family decided to go on a driving holiday to Malaysia. To ensure the car was in good condition, we serviced it one week prior to the trip. We informed the service staff about the long drive and told them to ensure that the car was in good order. We were assured that it was when we collected the car.

But while we were travelling along the North-South Expressway, the car stalled on the fast lane. We were surrounded by speeding cars and it was also dangerous filtering to the slower left lane because of the lorries.

The steering wheel was stiff but thankfully, my husband was calm enough to force-steer it to the road shoulder safely.

We were stranded for more than four hours before the car was towed to Ipoh in Perak. We stayed three days there waiting for the car to be repaired and had to forfeit our holiday bookings in Cameron Highlands and Penang.

The service workshop, Ipoh Motors, attributed the problem to a faulty fuel pump - the gist of which, we were told, being that the pump failed to deliver petrol to the engine, causing the car to stall.

Our confidence in the car was shattered as we drove back to Singapore, fearing a breakdown at any moment.

We sent the car to Cycle & Carriage here for further checks. Like Ms Ng, Cycle & Carriage refused our request for a replacement, claiming that such problems were repairable and did not warrant a replacement.

We felt hard done by and wondered how we could seek redress when there is no anti-lemon law to protect consumers.

Louisa Lee (Madam)

M

Mdm Tang

Bros, how prevalent is this practice in Singapore ???

you sent your merc or bmw or limo to its respective company ;

next moment they sent it to their sub con workshop to repair it.

but bill you as original workshop price ...

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal

peterbilt-optimus-prime-ebay.jpg

That was funny. The other time when I pass by an accident zone, it was the BM that survived the impact NOT the Japanese sedan. Not a single scatch mark ! The Jap car crumpled and the occupants were two Caucasian women, suffering from concussion because they kept holding their heads.

Get a tank ? Peter Bilt Optimus Prime ? Or a Lumbo below ?

HumveeSoldier.jpg

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

It had to do with your height of your RX.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

I believe the height helps. I was also surprised of the minor damage to the RX thought it should do more damage considering the damage to the other car. :wink:

The impact was unequal on both ends. The Volvo must have gone under with the top scraped.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I believe the height helps. I was also surprised of the minor damage to the RX thought it should do more damage considering the damage to the other car. :wink:

Crumple zone need space to work and kill the fuel line. So, front will take the impact.
As for the rear, the frame protect the fuel tank and it takes a greater impact energy to lift the tank to safety.

For 450h, it will protect the batteries as well.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/Story/STIStory_719226.html

Published on Oct 3, 2011

Stuck with an expensive lemon on four wheels

MY FAMILY bought a Mercedes-Benz last year and within two weeks of the collection of

the vehicle from Cycle & Carriage, the engine stalled.

Assuming that it was our unfamiliar handling of the car, we dismissed the problem until the Merc stalled repeatedly.

The new car was sent to the service centre many times. It was even checked by experts from Germany, but the stalling continued - it stalled eight times in a year.

When we asked for a replacement, we were told repeatedly to monitor the vehicle after each servicing.

We were promised that if the fault was not rectified, the matter would be brought to the attention of higher management.

When we finally met the senior manager, we were denied a replacement. He justified his company's stand by stating that the car should be repaired within the warranty period.

We were disappointed with the way the case was handled and it raised an important public issue: There is no law in Singapore to protect consumers like the lemon law in the United States.

I am now saddled with yet another problem, which has to do with the air-conditioning of the car.

Having paid so much money to own what we thought was a reliable marque, we have had more than our fair share of inconveniences, frustrations and time lost.

Where can we seek help?

Wendy Ng (Ms)

Wendy Ng must be some kind of dumb cow. Got money to buy benz, but got no brains. Begs the question since she has no brains, where she got the money to buy new benz? daddy? Sugar daddy?
As Sam has said, anyone with half a brain will do ressearch on the car before they buy it. Benzes are notorious for many problems, chief of which are electrical glitches. This sounds like what she had.

Having got conned by C & C, now she is at her wits end asking for help on what to do. After spending $300K plus on a new benz, she does not even know how to find out what her consumer rights are. Wendy, u stupid cunt, if you are reading this, they are as follows:

1) File complaint with CASE. Odds are they will not get u far, since its findings are non binding.
2) File complaint with MITI under the Consumer Fair Trading Act. If u can prove that C & C were aware of these problems, yet decided to sell u this lemon, than u have a case.
3) Advertise in newspaper and see how many other benz owners got the same problem, than hire a lawyer to file class action lawsuit. Odds are that many of the benz owners are elites, including those in the PAP/govt. The last thing C & C needs is a bunch of irate elites comign after them.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Merc insiders tell me that they make 2 types of cars. Cheaper older technology cars and themore expensive new technology cars.
You can tell the difference in the range offered in strong consumer protection countries like Australia and those offered in countries like Asia. Even USA/Canada have a few cheap lemon-prone models.

I have no tech complaints about my last Merc other than the spare parts are too expensive and take too long to arrive. Eg I cannot just fit any standard tyres to the car!! Consider the number of winters the car had gone through, no electrical issues.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The management team at C & C can do nothing to solve the quality and reliability problems of Mercs. The brand has been going downhill since the early 90s and nothing is going to change anytime soon.

The last reliable Merc was the W124.

Your fucked up observation is that failure has nothing to do with the brand.

It can occur with any brand not only Merc.

Even BMW had a case like hers and plenty more not heard of.

If the Snkie Wendy thinks her case is so good why don't go High Court and thrash it out.

Afterall, she seem to be able to afford a MERC or is she just another fucking complaining BIG mouth Sinkie!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Y

Even BMW had a case like hers and plenty more not heard of.

Beemers are just as bad. I speak from first hand experience. Buying a BMW It was the worst decision I ever made. The second worst doesn't even come close.