• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Crumbling of Singapore?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You have it all backwards. TJS and TKL were put there to dilute TCB's votes. They succeeded, TCB lost by 7,500 to TT.

Agree with you. See my post#1089.

The pap had to allow TJS or TKL in to allow TT to win...Otherwise, TCB wld get more than 50% and the result will definitely shame TT and the PAP.

Nevertheless, it is still embarrassing to be President with 65% against you. I am quite sure TT didnt know the extend of Singaporeans' wrath against the pap. or else, wld TT stand? The GE 2011 and PE 2011 results will make PAP's recruitment for 2016 candidates more difficult

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Otherwise, TCB wld get more than 50% and the result will definitely shame TT and the PAP.

disagree with you on this, in a case of TT vs TCB vs (TKL or TJS), TCB would garner 45% popular votes with TKL as opponent and 40% if it was TJS, with TT at 35%.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with you. See my post#1089.

PAP's recruitment for 2016 candidates more difficult

This would be PAP's biggest failure.Because buying people with money only goes so far.I hear a hangman gets about $500 per hanging...not bad for couple of hours work.But who wants to be a professional hangman?

So I reckon even the minister's pay review is more to assure themselves than others -- that it's a money well earned.Because a third party says so.

I hope people would keep on beating on how obscenely they are paid against an ordinary Singaporean who struggles to make ends meet.Because even if it attracts heartless and soulless people to the profession ; many good and capable folks would shy away. And one way to kill an organization for good is to choke it's renewal process.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
LeongSam was caught by your post and has no answer to your point. I dont think the PAP will accept any faction that votes against its sole candidate

It's not a matter of "caught". We all have our views on how the presidential election played out.

My theory is that a portion of the PAP wanted TT and another faction wanted TCB.

The TCB faction told the TT faction "Look... if we go along and offer only TT, chances of him winning are slim. However, add TCB into the mix and let him run his campaign as someone who does not endorse the current PAP leadership, this will allow him to win a good portion of the anti PAP vote. If he does win then we still end up with a President who will ultimately toe the line instead of TJS.. a man full of angst and a questionable agenda. ".

If TCB had withdrawn from the race and it was a 3 way fight between TT, TJS and TKL, ask yourselves where TCB's votes would have gone. My belief is that TJS would have picked up a good portion... enough to oust TT. I could be wrong. I'm not insisting I'm right. All I'm doing is offering my analysis.

Just because it happens to be slightly different doesn't warrant derogatory remarks directed at me. I thought we're all civilised people here with a social conscience.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thick Face Black Heart said:
You have it all backwards. TJS and TKL were put there to dilute TCB's votes. They succeeded, TCB lost by 7,500 to TT.

It was a shrewd although forced move, after the surprised loss of votes in the GE.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
I think they were both approved as candidates to cancel each other out so that either old school PAP or new age PAP would ultimately win.

Tony "Tancho" Tan with the high waistband is considered "new age PAP"? :eek:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This would be PAP's biggest failure.Because buying people with money only goes so far.I hear a hangman gets about $500 per hanging...not bad for couple of hours work.But who wants to be a professional hangman?

So I reckon even the minister's pay review is more to assure themselves than others -- that it's a money well earned.Because a third party says so.

I hope people would keep on beating on how obscenely they are paid against an ordinary Singaporean who struggles to make ends meet.Because even if it attracts heartless and soulless people to the profession ; many good and capable folks would shy away. And one way to kill an organization for good is to choke it's renewal process.

Yes, we must not reward bad people to the extend that it becomes a deterrence to good people..Good people will want to stay away from such obscene reasonings

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I think they were both approved as candidates to cancel each other out so that either old school PAP or new age PAP would ultimately win.

me thought the EP process shown that there are a lot of moderates in the country :o:o:o

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
zhihau said:
me thought the EP process shown that there are a lot of moderates in the country :o:o:o

This was exactly the most significant trend that has developed in 2011. Totally agree with you.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It was a shrewd although forced move, after the surprised loss of votes in the GE.

Let's not forget that the Chairman of the Presidential Elections Committee which approves Tan Jee Say and Tan Kin Lian to be PE 2011 Presidential Candidates was Director, SID.

He did a good job for the pap in approving an unprecedented four candidates for PE 2011

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Tony "Tancho" Tan with the high waistband is considered "new age PAP"? :eek:

He might not look very new age himself but he was the officially endorsed candidate of the current crop of PAPPY leaders.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
If hypothetically the contest was TT, TJS and TKL, do you think your "two PAP factions" wld have unified and voted for TT?

I believe more TCB voters would have defected to TJS but at the end of the day, it's all water under the bridge. We'll never know how it would have played out. The only way to know for sure is to cancel the last result and hold another election minus TCB.

My belief is that the PAP quietly did their own survey for the PE just as they did for the GE. The survey results revealed that combination of candidates that were approved to run gave TT the best chance of winning.

jw5

Loyal
He might not look very new age himself but he was the officially endorsed candidate of the current crop of PAPPY leaders.

Led by someone who wears pink shirts, crosses his legs at the knees and walks funny. :o