• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Corruption in SCDF and CNB

M

Mdm Tang

what's the name of the it firm which supplies solutions to both organizations? they're using sex to secure sales and influence purchasing decisions. must be one hell of a pussy.

probably worst than getting

Aids :(

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last tum wet market talk, got IT lady hovering around spf also, donch know how true:(

I'm not so sure about SCDF but CNB has always been a hotbed of corruption and sleaze. It was just a matter of not to get caught or sold out. I think it exactly because they're scholars and not streetsters that's why they're so dumb and got caught or sold out.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Peter Lim must hv lots of women while studying in Hamburg frequenting St Pauli Reeper Bahn red light district.......

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]What was missing in MHA’s statement on CPIB probe into two former chiefs[/h]
PostDateIcon.png
January 25th, 2012

both-men.jpg
Peter Benedict Lim and Ng Boon Gay

The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) on Tuesday evening (24th Jan) released a short statement to the media, confirming that former Commissioner Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) Mr Peter Benedict Lim Sin Pang and former Director of the Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) Mr Ng Boon Gay are currently assisting the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB) in its investigations into allegations of “serious personal misconduct”.
The short statement by MHA however, did not include the fact that both men were actually arrested by CPIB and subsequently released on bail. They were not just merely ”assisting in an investigation”.
CPIB confirmed today that both Peter Benedict Lim Sin Pang and Ng Boon Gay were arrested on separate occasions under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
Mr Ng Boon Gay was arrested on 19th Dec 2011 while Mr Peter Benedict Lim Sin Pang was arrested on 4th Jan 2012. Both were released on bail pending further investigations.
The CPIB spokesperson said: ”Singapore adopts a zero tolerance approach to corruption. The CPIB will investigate any allegations of corruption without fear or favour and will not hesitate to bring those who have breached our tough anti-corruption laws to task.”
Although CPIB did not release further details on the investigations, TR Emeritus (TRE) learnt from reliable sources that both men were allegedly involved with a senior woman executive from a local GLC electronic company who had arranged for and/or offered “sexual favours” in return for the two former chiefs to “assist in awarding” SCDF and CNB tenders to the GLC.
The senior woman executive was reportedly on “very close terms” with Mr Lim and Mr Ng but both men were unaware that she knew each other.
Due to the “sexual favours” arranged by the woman, both men allegedly circumvented protocols and awarded IT deals to the GLC she works for. It is not known if she is still working in the GLC after CPIB arrested the two former chiefs.
The sources also confirmed to some certainty of TRE’s early suspicion that no monies were involved but merely “dinner, wine and sex”, which may explain why MHA chose to use “serious personal misconduct” as opposed to outright “corruption” in its earlier statement.
This is one of the highest-level probes involving senior public servants since former Commercial Affairs Department director Glenn Knight was convicted of graft in 1992 and 1998. He was debarred from practising law in 1994 and was reinstated in 2007.
In 1995, the former deputy chief executive of national water agency PUB, Mr Choy Hon Tim, was jailed 14 years for taking close to $14 million in bribes for giving out privileged information about PUB tenders to contractors.
Editor’s note: A number of details not yet covered on any media were intentionally left out as TRE was unable to verify the information at press time. Once verifications and due diligence have been done, we will keep our readers updated. Thank you for your patience.

M

Mdm Tang

wow !!! .... 17,000 hits on this thread,

all want info and the hard truths !!! :(

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
These things are actually common place in the private sector but as they are in the public sector, a different yardstick applies. There was case of an SIA stewardess who worked as a money broker for one of the big brokers, Marshalls I think who was bedding down sr forex dealers on a regular basis. One of the wive's complained to MAS which launched an investigation and noticed the trend in their securing funding for their trades. They clearly identified 3 from 3 different banks. The Banks were notified and the dealers suspended for a while. Marshalls was told not to operate a fuckshop amd to terminate the lady. has stepped in a few times for similar reasons and one involved Merill Lynch and a local mediacorp artiste. You step into the world of private banking and it is pretty obvious. Men in position sometimes think they are entering into a extra marital relationship out of lust or love but do not realise the position of possible compromise they get themselves involved. Every years there are few in senior positions that do this. CPIB is involved but if nothing was given in return, it reverts to departmental action and PSC. Finally they are warned or boarded out for immoral or inappropriate behaviour. Nearly all the cases are due to wife or the lady complaining after the relationship ends. Where the lady complains, she will more often tell the authorities that she has been shown confidential information, followed on official trips, wining and dining on department expenses etc. Generally the large scale corruption or true corruption is limited. Very hard to do a deal in CNB without the rest of CNB and the underworld knowing. You can do it once, but human behaviour is such that you will see a repeat and it then surfaces. PSC in its annual report list dismissal and disciplinary case for timescale officers but not superscale officers. This is really poor. Honestly who the hell is concerned about a clerk. I am sure we are concerned about a DS. I am surprised that they highlighted this case this early. Eric Tan who is CPIB Head is a good operator and with TCH, we have 2 new brooms.
I do not think the case is so simple. As CNB head, he has great power and possibly open to BIGGER potential bribes (imagine, how much money drug lords and such have!) than just some "lady spy". He is a scholar and it would be quite unbelievable for him not succumb to such potential bigger bribes but instead fall for such woman. As SCDF head, he too has great power, especially in deciding on important approvals for fire safety system installations. eg. oil refineries, commercial buildings and such. If he is really corrupt, these are the places where the money is. Why would he be bothered about some woman? He too is a scholar and it is really unbelievable for both scholars to be so dumb. Goh Meng Seng

Last edited:

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eric Tan who is CPIB Head is a good operator and with TCH, we have 2 new brooms.

TCH is many things but I very much doubt he is a "new broom" sweeping MHA clean. As an heir to the OCBC banking fortune, he always struck me as a "status quo" kind of guy since the status quo benefiting him and his family immensely.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TCH is many things but I very much doubt he is a "new broom" sweeping MHA clean. As an heir to the OCBC banking fortune, he always struck me as a "status quo" kind of guy since the status quo benefiting him and his family immensely.
Dun expect him or anyone to rock the boat.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This will be the result at the end of the investigations...

[video=youtube;l2tVN-rW9kg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2tVN-rW9kg&feature=related[/video]

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Yesterday's Wall Street Journal described this as just a "misconduct"

PhotoJan2692439AM.jpg

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The reports state that 6 senior offcers at SCDF are being investigated. This suggest the projects involved are fairly substantial. It seems highly likely a GLC is involved as I don't think that there are non GLC IT companies with such large contracts with SCDF.

As I said earlier, I doubt it involves our own GLC's as they would not touch them with a 10 foot pole for CPIB can also go after them.

http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20120126-323957.html

AsiaOne
Thursday, Jan 26, 2012
The suspensions of the chiefs of the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) and the Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) resulted from a probe involving the supply of IT-related products and services.
According to The New Paper, a female IT executive developed a close working relationship with both Mr Ng Boon Gay and Mr Peter Lim.

While Mr Lim and Mr Ng were both unaware of each other's dealings with the woman, they have both confirmed their relationship with the woman in statements to the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB). The woman is also assisting with the investigation.

An internal source had questioned whether correct protocol was being followed in the SCDF and CNB's IT deals. No money is thought to have changed hands, but the close relationship between the IT executive and the two senior officers was a cause for concern, and a complaint was lodged with CPIB. The officers were then suspended and put on home leave, but their subordinates were unaware of what was happening.

The Straits Times reported that both men admitted they had improper relationships with a woman reportedly working for a top American multinational firm, but the CPIB has declined to comment or confirm this. Other senior SCDF officers and employees in private sector IT firms have also been helping in the investigations.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
It is still an unbelievable dumb thing for these two scholars to do. I am not convinced at all. Yes, they might have done all these but there must be something more than that.

Getting CPIB to investigate "serious personal misconduct"? CPIB becomes some pet private investigator for PAP? My toes are laughing.

Goh Meng Seng

These things are actually common place in the private sector but as they are in the public sector, a different yardstick applies. There was case of an SIA stewardess who worked as a money broker for one of the big brokers, Marshalls I think who was bedding down sr forex dealers on a regular basis.

I am sure we are concerned about a DS. I am surprised that they highlighted this case this early. Eric Tan who is CPIB Head is a good operator and with TCH, we have 2 new brooms.