• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Confession Of PAP Supporter

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
So finally you see the light and admit that it is a good thing that people come to their senses and turn to the PAP. You have hope yet.

no...i still dont see what you see.

I want you to share what Mr Tan shared with you

I want to see why did Ms Lim has a change of heart

You must be able to relate them since they shared with you

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
why did you think the pap was oppressive?

Too many rules and regulations and harsh punishments. I thought they were treating citizens as if we were all kids who couldn't think for ourselves and make our own judgement calls.

However when I saw the mess that the USA and the UK were in I released just how necessary those rules were to maintain law and order and ensure that citizens behaved responsibly.

parrardee

Alfrescian
Loyal
no...i still dont see what you see.

I want you to share what Mr Tan shared with you

I want to see why did Ms Lim has a change of heart

You must be able to relate them since they shared with you

Mr Tan was convinced that the CPF was a scam concocted by the PAP to keep his monies until he withdrew a good portion of it and lost it all in unwise 'investments' Now he sees CPF as a useful tool that the PAP uses to help people who cannot manage their money to remain financially able. Note, not rich but able.
Ms Lim had the notion that NS was bad because it would waste 2 years of her son's life but when he became a more matured and confident during that period she saw how wrong she was and that NS has many tangible and intangible benefits for the country and its people.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He told me he regrets serving the pap blindly and neglected his friends. He is a frustrated man and have no way out.

He knows now that PAP used him and spoke to him nicely when they wanted him to serve, to reach out and to speak up for the pap. He knows now that the pap used him when he was young and healthy. He now knows that pap dumps him when he is not useful to the pap.

He wished he had lived his life differently.

I appreciate Mr Lau for his truthfulness and his sharing. How many more Singaporeans will face a future like Mr Lau is facing now? How many PAP supporters will regret serving pap like Mr Lau?

You could replace 'PAP' with 'employer' or 'company', and the story is still the same.

I had employees in the past who sacrificed their health and family in hope of gaining my favour, which would lead to faster promotion. I warned them time and again not to overwork and neglect their family, but they laughed me off. Two eventually fell very sick due to overwork and lack of exercise. Due to their poor health, I had to let them go. Regardless their past contributions, they are now a burden to the company.

Another two got divorced due to neglecting their family and one suffered a miscarriage. All of it was due to coming close to karoshi. I never knew why they are willing to do something so stupid just in return for a better bonus or promotion. Even as towkay, I deliberately avoid karoshi. I told them to avoid karoshi, but they always treat this advice with disdain.

People like Mr Lau would experience the same regardless of which party they support, be it PAP or some loser opposition party.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Tan was convinced that the CPF was a scam concocted by the PAP to keep his monies until he withdrew a good portion of it and lost it all in unwise 'investments' Now he sees CPF as a useful tool that the PAP uses to help people who cannot manage their money to remain financially able. Note, not rich but able.

How old is Mr Tan. Is he married? Did he have any children? How much did he withdrew? When did he withdrew his CPF money? What investment did he put his CPF money in?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ms Lim had the notion that NS was bad because it would waste 2 years of her son's life but when he became a more matured and confident during that period she saw how wrong she was and that NS has many tangible and intangible benefits for the country and its people.

When did Ms Lim's son do NS? Which camp was he in? What kind of tangible benefits did her son get? What were the intangible benefits?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
You could replace 'PAP' with 'employer' or 'company', and the story is still the same.

I had employees in the past who sacrificed their health and family in hope of gaining my favour, which would lead to faster promotion. I warned them time and again not to overwork and neglect their family, but they laughed me off. Two eventually fell very sick due to overwork and lack of exercise. Due to their poor health, I had to let them go. Regardless their past contributions, they are now a burden to the company.

Another two got divorced due to neglecting their family and one suffered a miscarriage. All of it was due to coming close to karoshi. I never knew why they are willing to do something so stupid just in return for a better bonus or promotion. Even as towkay, I deliberately avoid karoshi. I told them to avoid karoshi, but they always treat this advice with disdain.

People like Mr Lau would experience the same regardless of which party they support, be it PAP or some loser opposition party.

You missed Mr Lau's main point.

He regretted believing PAP's lies abt healthcare and its costs in SG

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

You have not taken my challenge to show me which post I posted is a lie. You agree now that I spoke the truth?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought they were treating citizens as if we were all kids who couldn't think for ourselves and make our own judgement calls.

What makes you think the PAP were treating Singaporeans like kids who couldnt think for themselves?

Do you think PAP treats Singaporeans as adults now?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
However when I saw the mess that the USA and the UK were in I released just how necessary those rules were to maintain law and order and ensure that citizens behaved responsibly.

You think singaporean girls were not raped? You dont think there are murders in SG? You dont think there are crimes in SG?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You missed Mr Lau's main point.

He regretted believing PAP's lies abt healthcare and its costs in SG

Healthcare cost in Singapore is cheap to me. I exercise and eat healthy, and I bought health protection and insurance plans since decades ago when I first started work. Insurance is a lot cheaper when you buy them young. Most seniors who lament about high costs of healthcare usually are those who were too stingy to buy insurance when they were young and healthy. And they now demand free healthcare? Fuck them!

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Healthcare cost in Singapore is cheap to me. I exercise and eat healthy, and I bought health protection and insurance plans since decades ago when I first started work. Insurance is a lot cheaper when you buy them young. Most seniors who lament about high costs of healthcare usually are those who were too stingy to buy insurance when they were young and healthy. And they now demand free healthcare? Fuck them!

You dont know abt healthcare costs until you are sick.

What kind of medical insurance do you buy? What kind of illnesses did it cover? How much coverage do you get?

How much did you pay annually

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have not taken my challenge to show me which post I posted is a lie. You agree now that I spoke the truth?
parrardee probably couldn't be bothered.
But you've yet to respond to my post:
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?236371-Confession-Of-PAP-Supporter&p=2522915#post2522915
3. Increased SG suicide rate from 271 in 1995 to 467 in 2012. An increase of 70%.
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?236261-Collection-of-PAP-s-Misdeeds&p=2522912#post2522912
Couple of points:

1. That is not a suicide rate, but the total number of suicides (possibly also including foreigners). :wink:
According to the "Samaritans of Singapore":
sos.org.sg/images/facts-figures/Nationalstats.pdf
the total number of suicides in 1995 was 401, not 271.
Therefore, the increase was only about 16%, even though the total population (including foreigners) increased by over 40%. :wink:

2. Even if all 467 suicides in 2012 were committed by Sinkie citizens; the citizen population was slightly over 3 million, let's say 3.2 million; so the suicide rate was actually 467 / 3.2 million x 100,000 = about 15 suicides per 100,000 citizens in 2012.
Which means that the suicide rate in 2012 was at most only slightly higher than, or even nearly the same as, the rate in 1995. :wink:

Last edited:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Please do not demean pioneer citizens like Mr Lau.

Firstly, he is in his 70s. Was there medical insurance like what you bought 50years ago? Do you know what kind of health care the PAP provided for SG citizens 50years ago? The demographics and situation when Mr Lau was young is different from what you are experiencing now

So please dont shoot from your hip if you dont know what you are talking abt and dont admonish Mr Lau

Last edited:

parrardee

Alfrescian
Loyal

How can I agree with a person who tries to breed confusion with half truths. The fortunate part in all this is the majority here see through you. Only a few half wits here are bought over by your cunning.