• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

'CIA created ISIS', says Julian Assange as Wikileaks releases 500k US cables

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Theres is no compulsion in Islam. If certain "Muslim" force one to convert they have to answer to Allah. Not the faulth of the creator or the scripture.

Misinterpretation of the Quran for self or for political gains. So common. U must be blind not to have notice them. IS one of them. Thanks to ur zionist jews and xtians in bribing IS.:rolleyes:

So u are fine with mudslimes subjugation of others,,,1st u say quran is word of God,,next u say misintepretation is ok,,,that means mudslimes can do whatever they want as long as it suits their agenda...good on you,,,,well said excuses

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course Muslims will always quote from the Quran. Cos is the word of God. Whereas Hadith is sunnah of the Rasullah s.a.w. Both scriptures separated for obvious reason. I quote fm the Quran cos is the commandment of God. Example praying to Allah. How? Then u refer to the hadith whereby the prophet will explain to the sahabat how, when and times to pray. Same for the ton of the rest like Haji, zakat, and daily way of life...all being explained in the hadith.

Quran already stated theres no compulsion in Islam. Clear and concise. If islamic countries wishes to implement their own law and policies what right have u to stop them? So long is for the benefit of the citizens or a deterrent to crimes, why not? Same as sinkieland land. PAP can implement any laws. On drugs capital punishment. So be it. Litter rubber band fine $300 so be it.

Apostasy law. No such law in the Quran. Again if Msia or any islamic countries wishes to implement such law, then its their prerogative. Any muslims not happy can alway vote the garment out during the GE. But seems to me most muslims love such law. Only people like u not happy cos u unable to convert Malays to xtian issit?:rolleyes: I know of a Malay msian. Hes working in a chapel in sinkieland. So u see, there are Malay xtians. Own free will.

Sinkie Malay converted to xtianity where got discriminated? I speak fm my own experience. This one i remember vividly, i did tell u at least twice in this forum. My uncle 3 childrens....but dont practise Islamic faith.....astagfirullah! So do i go and kpkb....boycott or discriminate them. NO! We still keep in touch with the family esp the mother.

Hijab? Aiyoh alway hijab hijab. If u so envious of Muslimah wearing one u can alway buy one and put it on lah. Or buy several for ur wife or daughters too!
Hijab is a symbol of modesty it includes the way a person walk, talks, looks and thinks, All of it should be done modestly and its to protect yourself from evil eye. Islam is not only a religion but it is also a way of life and Hijab is a part of it. Is also mentioned in ur bible too

“O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (i.e. screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allaah is Ever Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful” [al-Ahzaab 33:59]

As for conversion also no mention in the Quran. Cos teres no compulsion in Islam. However it would be better for both parties to share same faith. Otherwise one may be eating pork having dogs at home. How to reconcile? So it would be better for converts to marry cos of Islam. Not cos of marriage. If any non malays wishes to marry my children i would rather they marry cos of Islam. Seen so many cases whereby converts murtard.

Whether i am a true muslim or otherwise...who are u to judge? Remember....a non muslim can be a muslim. I dont judge others. Anyway why should i join IS? A product of zionist jews/xtians. Maybe u are one of IS cos ur The Hypocrite.:roflmao:

Oh yes, violence on others is also in the quran and is a way of life for mudslimes

And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter... and fight them until fitnah is no more, and religion is for Allah.

— Quran 2:191

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So u are fine with mudslimes subjugation of others,,,1st u say quran is word of God,,next u say misintepretation is ok,,,that means mudslimes can do whatever they want as long as it suits their agenda...good on you,,,,well said excuses

Wats wrong with u anyway? If muslims wishes to misinteprete the Quran for individual gains or for political power what has tat got to do with me, or the Quran or the religion? U mean to tell me ALL MUSLIMS MUST BE GOOD? Please lah. Go take ur med before further discussion. Can or not?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh yes, violence on others is also in the quran and is a way of life for mudslimes

And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter... and fight them until fitnah is no more, and religion is for Allah.

— Quran 2:191

This verse and so many others i will reply for the very last time cos i had explained to u numerous time. If u dont accept my explaination so be it. Dontever ask me again.

The verse u quoted above was during the warring time. Some of the Muslims were hypocrites (like u). They know too much about our Prophet military plan. Of course have to eliminate them or we got eliminated. Mission of the Prophet is to spread Islam. Not for personal gain.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wats wrong with u anyway? If muslims wishes to misinteprete the Quran for individual gains or for political power what has tat got to do with me, or the Quran or the religion? U mean to tell me ALL MUSLIMS MUST BE GOOD? Please lah. Go take ur med before further discussion. Can or not?

To you it is ok for Islam to be misinterpreted, o when MUIS starts to be more fundamentalist you are fine with it and will follow its dictates....no wonder terrorism is on the rise,,because the so called moderates are ok with it,,,

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To you it is ok for Islam to be misinterpreted, o when MUIS starts to be more fundamentalist you are fine with it and will follow its dictates....no wonder terrorism is on the rise,,because the so called moderates are ok with it,,,

I didit said all are ok. Those misinterpreted by IS is out. To HELL they abode

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

U mean our MUIS fatwah can spread terrorism? Be careful with what u post ya

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
This verse and so many others i will reply for the very last time cos i had explained to u numerous time. If u dont accept my explaination so be it. Dontever ask me again.

The verse u quoted above was during the warring time. Some of the Muslims were hypocrites (like u). They know too much about our Prophet military plan. Of course have to eliminate them or we got eliminated. Mission of the Prophet is to spread Islam. Not for personal gain.

Such verses are used by the fundamentalist,,and since u say its ok for countries to interpretate it however they like,,,it is ok,,,so u tell me no use,,should tell those who follow the verse literally,,,if yr explanation is true than there will be no ISIS,,but since u support the interpretation of others to do what they like...u are a supporter too

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Such verses are used by the fundamentalist,,and since u say its ok for countries to interpretate it however they like,,,it is ok,,,so u tell me no use,,should tell those who follow the verse literally,,,if yr explanation is true than there will be no ISIS,,but since u support the interpretation of others to do what they like...u are a supporter too

If the interpretation such that to harm others or to kill others in name of Islam, i totally reject!

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
U mean our MUIS fatwah can spread terrorism? Be careful with what u post ya
What is wrong with my posting? I said if,,,the religious authorities support fundamentalist interpretation, u are fine with it? u said up to the individual what, so what have i posted wrong? U said it many times,,its up to the individual and u say they misinterpretate is up to them..that is how the fundamentalist have risen,.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the interpretation such that to harm others or to kill others in name of Islam, i totally reject!

For my m&d kakis,,,if they say that I believe,,,,but for u,,if the fundamentalist ever take over,,,u will be the 1st to support them, your postings have proven such,,,because u support the individual, countries and nations to misuse the Quran,,u said it

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is wrong with my posting? I said if,,,the religious authorities support fundamentalist interpretation, u are fine with it? u said up to the individual what, so what have i posted wrong? U said it many times,,its up to the individual and u say they misinterpretate is up to them..that is how the fundamentalist have risen,.

U said muis support fundamentalist n i am fine with u. So r u accusing muis support terrorism?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For my m&d kakis,,,if they say that I believe,,,,but for u,,if the fundamentalist ever take over,,,u will be the 1st to support them, your postings have proven such,,,because u support the individual, countries and nations to misuse the Quran,,u said it

I said ev country have their right to have their own laws n policies. Wat right have u to ques? Same for china rule with iron hand with those uighurs.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
I said ev country have their right to have their own laws n policies. Wat right have u to ques? Same for china rule with iron hand with those uighurs.
Yes so mudslimes countries using Islam to achieve their own ends to suit mudslimes is fine by u. So let the oppression continue

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
U said muis support fundamentalist n i am fine with u. So r u accusing muis support terrorism?
I said if...and since u endorsed mudslimes countries oppressing others in the name of Islam..tat makes u a fundamentalist and terrorism will come next. Tat explains the rise of the terrorist

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come u soo quiet when such things happen?

News

Lifestyle

Videos

Abroad

Weekend

+ More

Search

Careers

← Back

Trending

Things To Eat

Things To Do

Stories Of Us

Celebrity

Drama

Heartwarming

S’pore Angst

IMHO

Technology

Perspectives

Parliament

History

Environment

AHTC Trial

Search
Go

MHA: ISIS fighters might return to Southeast Asia after losing in Iraq & Syria
There has been an increase in number of self-radicalised Singaporeans in recent years.

Joshua Lee | January 22, 05:03 pm

The last time Singapore came close to a Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS)-linked terror attack was two incidents in 2016 — a planned rocket attack on Marina Bay Sands from Batam and an unnamed threat by foreign militants.

That was less than two years ago. While it may seem peaceful now, Singaporeans shouldn’t be lulled into a false sense of security.

Advertisement

That is the gist of the Ministry of Home Affairs’ (MHA) Singapore Terrorism Threat Assessment Report 2019. Here’s are the main takeaways from the report.

ISIS is still the most pressing threat to Singapore and the region
According to MHA, there is currently “no credible intelligence of an attack being planned against Singapore”. As of 2017, ISIS had lost most of its territory thanks to a concerted global effort to defeat it.

However, the ISIS threat persists.

This is because ISIS is attempting to claim Southeast Asia as part of its global caliphate through ISIS-linked groups and sympathisers in the region.

MHA says that the terror organisation has started to refer to Southeast Asia and East Asia as its Wilayat Sharq Asiyya or East Asia Province in its propaganda.

Advertisement

One such example of an ISIS-linked group is Jemaah Ansharut Daulah (JAD) in Indonesia.

JAD was responsible for the 2018 family suicide bombings in Surabaya which took the lives of 28 people.

Over in Malawi City in the Philippines, ISIS militants laid siege to the city in May 2017. The city was only freed five months later.

According to MHA, a Singaporean man, Imran Kassim, had intended to join the siege in 2017. He was detained under the Internal Security Act (ISA).

Closer to home, Malaysian authorities have arrested more than 80 militants and disrupted four terrorist plots in 2018 alone.

Advertisement

Given ISIS’ heavy territorial losses in Syria and Iraq, MHA says there is a possibility that Southeast Asian ISIS fighters might return to the region and carry out lethal attacks.

Additionally MHA’s report cautioned that the release of terrorist prisoners in the region could worsen the threat of a Southeast Asia attack.

This warning comes days after Indonesia announced that it will grant early release to Abu Bakar Bashir, the leader of a splinter cell which originated from Jemaah Islamiyah.

Abu Bakar Bashir. Image via 9News.
22 Singaporeans were handled under the ISA since 2015
Back in Singapore, MHA warns that ISIS’ “virulent ideology” persists in cyberspace and can rally supporters here. This type of ideology can be spread online or via communications apps like Telegram.

Advertisement

Since 2015, 22 self-radicalised Singaporeans were dealt with under the ISA.

On the other hand, Singapore identified only 11 radicalised Singaporeans in the preceding seven years (2007 to 2014).

Chart via MHA Terrorism Threat Assessment 2019.
MHA clarified that not all of these cases are ISIS-related, but in all cases, Singaporeans were self-radicalised by “virulent ideology”.

Some attempted to join armed conflict overseas.

Enhanced counter-terrorism capabilities
In response to security threats, the government has deployed patrol teams such as the Police Emergency Response Teams (ERTs), Rapid Deployment Troops (RDTs), and In-Situ Reaction Teams (IRTs) at public places and iconic areas.

Advertisement

The Police also increased their surveillance coverage by deploying more than 5,000 cameras in public areas like neighbourhood centres and hawker centre.

Another 6,000 cameras will be installed island-wide over the next few years.

Multi-agency exercises like Exercise Northstar X are conducted periodically to test emergency responses to terror attacks.

A multi-agency counter terrorism attack in 2016. Image via Singapore Police Force’s Facebook page.
Advertisement

Top image is of a counter-terrorism exercise via Singapore Police Force’s Facebook page.

Share this story:
If you like what you read, follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to get the latest updates.

About Joshua Lee

Josh has found the perfect Nasi Padang combination. Ask him about it.

Show Facebook comments
Story Playlists

Weekly Recap

Social Media Fail

Weird AF

Flamin' Hot Stories

S’poreans Anyhowly Driving

Where To Eat?

S’pore Angst

Psst, here’s more interesting stuff:
S'porean videographer allegedly taking legal action after couple posts Facebook complaint
President Duterte goes off-script, assures investors he kills corrupt people in his country: Nikkei conference
Pepsi and Ginger is the taste combo you didn't know you needed
Southeastern Australia hit by coldest May in 20 years
66-year-old S'porean man arrested in Buangkok, allegedly stored 1.4kg of heroin in PMD
Share on Facebook

About | Advertise with us | Contact us | We Are Hiring | Privacy policy

Copyright © 2019 Mothership. All rights reserved.
Cloud hosting by Vodien. Web design by Yu Sheng & Yu Siang. Web development by Ripplewerkz.

Morning Commute
Interesting stories to discuss with your colleagues in office later

Close story playlist

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
that is my main point. I don't know if I speak for everyone here, but as far as I am concerned, I have m&d kakis who are Muslims. None of these guys would ever dream of using their religion against me. Otherwise, they can go and fuck themselves. For me to say that all Muslims are like this and like that becomes problematic because they are obviously Muslim and make my life better.

I will say that followers of Islam are creating a lot of trouble in the world. But this statement equally if not more so applies to the other 2 religions of the book. Judaism and Christianity. Now there are those who are going to start telling me what's going on this year or in the last 10 years, I'm not going to bother keeping score, but I'm talking about the totality of their history. I can also easily say that in the course of history any political or ideological entity is capable and probably has committed the same or worse atrocities as Islam has. Mongols anyone?

@whoami maybe a zealolus follower maybe too religious for some tastes, but as far as I can tell, he's not an extremist. Speaking as an ex-extremist, I don't like extremism in any form. If you dislike what Muslim extremists are doing, I totally agree with you, but we have to separate the ideology from the people. I think that will give you a better conclusion. Tomorrow whoami may become an extremist or he may be become non-Muslim. He chooses what he is and I may choose to like it more or less. If tomorrow he chooses to be an extremist who encourages mistreatment and hurting other people, then I will happily start tearing him down. But for now, he is not.

A final note. There are tons of info on the web and no shortage of news about Muslim atrocities. But I will also say that in every conflict, there is propaganda. No side is free from it. They may be the truth, but consider that it maybe just 1 side of the truth. A good example is what goes on Israel. There is usually only 1 side to the story presented to most of us. Having spoken to both Israelis and Palestinians, all I am going to say is that we are not given the full picture.

Thanks for listening! :thumbsup:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that is my main point. I don't know if I speak for everyone here, but as far as I am concerned, I have m&d kakis who are Muslims. None of these guys would ever dream of using their religion against me. Otherwise, they can go and fuck themselves. For me to say that all Muslims are like this and like that becomes problematic because they are obviously Muslim and make my life better.

I will say that followers of Islam are creating a lot of trouble in the world. But this statement equally if not more so applies to the other 2 religions of the book. Judaism and Christianity. Now there are those who are going to start telling me what's going on this year or in the last 10 years, I'm not going to bother keeping score, but I'm talking about the totality of their history. I can also easily say that in the course of history any political or ideological entity is capable and probably has committed the same or worse atrocities as Islam has. Mongols anyone?

@whoami maybe a zealolus follower maybe too religious for some tastes, but as far as I can tell, he's not an extremist. Speaking as an ex-extremist, I don't like extremism in any form. If you dislike what Muslim extremists are doing, I totally agree with you, but we have to separate the ideology from the people. I think that will give you a better conclusion. Tomorrow whoami may become an extremist or he may be become non-Muslim. He chooses what he is and I may choose to like it more or less. If tomorrow he chooses to be an extremist who encourages mistreatment and hurting other people, then I will happily start tearing him down. But for now, he is not.

A final note. There are tons of info on the web and no shortage of news about Muslim atrocities. But I will also say that in every conflict, there is propaganda. No side is free from it. They may be the truth, but consider that it maybe just 1 side of the truth. A good example is what goes on Israel. There is usually only 1 side to the story presented to most of us. Having spoken to both Israelis and Palestinians, all I am going to say is that we are not given the full picture.

Thanks for listening! :thumbsup:

Some of my non muslim colleagues called me modern Muslim. Does tat sound extremist to u? :smile: I not tat over zealous lah. Just tat with The Hypocrite i have to talk like very over zealous cos he turn a blind eye to pthose atrocities committed by non muslims against muslims! Eg myanmar buddhist against rohingya muslims n china communist against 2 million uighurs!

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some of my non muslim colleagues called me modern Muslim. Does tat sound extremist to u? :smile: I not tat over zealous lah. Just tat with The Hypocrite i have to talk like very over zealous cos he turn a blind eye to pthose atrocities committed by non muslims against muslims! Eg myanmar buddhist against rohingya muslims n china communist against 2 million uighurs!
So u practice Taqiyya....and these rohingya n Uighurs are ignored by other mudslimes n how come ME cuntries don't accept mudslimes refugees?

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
well as far as i can tell from my keyboard you don't appear to be, but who knows in real life? Maybe you got send some money to ISIS? :laugh: Just joking ah. jangan marah.

can I ask you to think a bit further beyond simply reading what he is writing? As in why is he doing it? I feel that something is really bothering him and he really has no way of expressing it other than to come after you. Maybe you should simply ask him what's bothering him. As much as I would like to, since I am not a Muslim, I think I cannot answer him to his satisfaction.

Also, those anti-muslim atrocities. That's why I say no one innocent so I feel no one should point fingers, BUT, and a very important BUT is that we are right now in Singapore. Next to us is Malaysia and Indonesia. Myanmar and China are a world away. Closer to home experiences + news from the US would point to Muslims being at fault for a lot of problems. The chances of people here experiencing discrimination by muslims is quite high. I am not saying that Muslims don't experience that in return, but nobody will feel it unless they are the victim rite?

People from this region have next to no contact with Jews and Rohingya. Even China also like alien sometimes. I can also attest in my personal life to having problems with Muslims because I am not one. I feel that that I should treat each person as an individual. I have had Malays threaten me simply because I am cina babi. I have also had Malays show me kindness. However, maybe what was done to him was so bad, or he sees other mistreatment so bad and he cannot accept it.

I think you are the most qualified to solve this. Please consider asking him. :smile: