• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chinese should be made the national language in Singapore!

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
冷气机 = 空调

A few weeks ago I went to a new discount shop in my neighbourhood just to buy a light bulb. The cashier was a PRC man. I asked him in Chinese, 请问这里有没有卖电珠?He looked blank replying, 电珠是什么?I was even more blanked by a PRC who couldn't understand that. So I said it's a light bulb. He replied, 对不起,我不懂英文。Nevermind, it's not that big a shop and I walked through a couple of rows and found it. Went back to the cashier to make payment and he remarked, 这个我们叫电灯泡。

In a PRC drama Towards The Republic, Sun Wen appeared unimpressed saying this when he was praised for his brilliance, ‘发什么亮,我又不是电灯泡。’

So, it wasn't 电珠 as you described it. Maybe, the south PRC uses different words like ROC, Taiwan.

The same as air-con, 空调 in PRC but 冷气机 in our Mandarin. We seem to follow the old ROC standard.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's 英语 Not 英文

at least u got a ”对不起“. i once asked a question and the prc sales assistant in carrefour barked "不说英文! 不说英文!" with a shoo-away gesture.

Everyone makes mistakes here. :eek:

英语 is a spoken English language but 英文 is a written English language. It should be : 对不起,我不会英语。

So, it isn't 英文.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not All

our generation X,Y only speak English/Mandarin among themselves thus their kids won't pick up the Chinese dialects.

Chinese dialects, long in decline will completely die out in Singapore in 20-30 years time. but the CCB and KNN will still remain in use. :biggrin:

Not true, a few of us can still speak or write on our blogs like one girl wrote "not zi lian" or not 自然 in Hokkien.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
And you have the IQ of a worm for saying that I am anti-Chinese. How can I be when I am a chinese myself? Lol! You obviously dont know what the fuck you are doing and saying. Better off as a dumb bangku lah, bodoh!

Nope you'll prefer it since you love kissing keling and m&d ass and pls when was anti malay or indian whatever that means being racist? You're anti chinese and you're not a racist? You're actually the biggest racist here. Seeing how stupidly you write and how illegible it looks shows that you have an IQ of a snail.

salmon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: It's 英语 Not 英文

Everyone makes mistakes here. :eek:

英语 is a spoken English language but 英文 is a written English language. It should be : 对不起,我不会英语。

So, it isn't 英文.

he isn't going to care, i'm sure. really rude and behaves more like a museum security than sales assistant. i should've made a complaint.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And you have the IQ of a worm for saying that I am anti-Chinese. How can I be when I am a chinese myself? Lol! You obviously dont know what the fuck you are doing and saying. Better off as a dumb bangku lah, bodoh!

Itu moderator memang bodoh. Always bleating away like a goat saying people got low iq. His brain only blank! Ya, only white colour!:rolleyes:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

to the resident racist, anymore who are not racist against the mats and kelings are racist against the chinese. the farker cannot even read chinese newspapers to save his life and he only speak kantang at home yet he see himself as a defender of everything chinese.

Last edited:

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
most communication in singapore is in chinese anyway.

why insist on english being the 'first' language, it has never worked because most people and homes still communicate in chinese. singaporeans still speak and write horrible english as evidenced by this forum and by the speak good english movement (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....-how-to-pronounce-flour&p=1143728#post1143728)

why insist on malay being the national language? no one speaks malay anymore unless they are terrorists or from the ites.

lianbeng suggests u also change our national anthem into mandarin.:biggrin:but actually most people here speaking singlish leh.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
lianbeng suggests u also change our national anthem into mandarin.:biggrin:but actually most people here speaking singlish leh.

As long as it comes with hanyu-pinyin words, no problem. Chinese characters limpei dunno how to read and write; I can be considered illiterate.

Cheers!

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A few weeks ago I went to a new discount shop in my neighbourhood just to buy a light bulb. The cashier was a PRC man. I asked him in Chinese, 请问这里有没有卖电珠?He looked blank replying, 电珠是什么?I was even more blanked by a PRC who couldn't understand that. So I said it's a light bulb. He replied, 对不起,我不懂英文。Nevermind, it's not that big a shop and I walked through a couple of rows and found it. Went back to the cashier to make payment and he remarked, 这个我们叫电灯泡。

电珠 should be hokkien lah. bro, u direct translate hokkien to mandarin, the ah tiong confirm dun understand lah.:biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

ROFL and so what if you are chinese? Firstly it's already suspect if you are really chinese but then again so what if you are chinese? From the way you write and act it's plain obvious you are racist towards chinese and there are quite a number of chinese like that. You're a m&d ass kissing chinese dog and a racist to boot.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
to the resident racist, anymore who are not racist against the mats and kelings are racist against the chinese. the farker cannot even read chinese newspapers to save his life and he only speak kantang at home yet he see himself as a defender of everything chinese.

Wah the snakey chinese dog replies again with his BS. Oh so now it's cannot read chinese newspaper. From i cannot read or write chinese at all which means i don't know a single chinese word whether it's speaking or writing it now changes to i cannot read a chinese newspaper. How about i tell you that i can read a chinese newspaper. Of course a bloody snake like you would then change the goal posts again. Now i cannot read or write traditional chinese, then later it's i cannot read or write tang poems or higher chinese. You're a damn disgusting bloody snake changing the goal posts. Remember what your earlier accusations were? That i cannot read or write chinese. I then asked you to prove what made you come to that conclusion. You then shifted the goal posts claiming i now cannot reads a chinese newspaper in which i am here to tell you sorry to disappoint you but i can read a chinese newspaper. So going to shift the goal posts that i cannot recite tang poetry now?

Hey dishonest fella now that we have gotten that issue out of the way care to explain to me the logic in reading and writing chinese to support chinese? You seem to kiss a lot of indian ass so can you read and write tamil? In fact since we're following your logic you would need to be able to read and write all the indian languages before you can support them. So can you read and write any indian language? So you don't have the right to support them. That's following your warped logic.

Just like that nice gook grasping at straws with all sorts of BS. In fact it's even better that i'm english educated and support chinese cos if i were a cheena helicopter that would be too easy to brow beat and turn into a cliche. You see he's a cheena helicopter nerd you know the stereotypical nerdy type. I am sure a snake like you would have gone along that route if it turned out i was actually a cheena helicopter.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No. I didn't change goalposts. Further more I didn't accuse u, it you yourself who post u cannot read Chinese when I recommend u to read a book as u only speak kantang at home since young. I stand by what I post, it u who a BSer.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't BS like lying bugger. You claim i cannot read chinese then next you say i cannot read chinese newspaper when i say i can read chinese. Care to show me where i claim i cannot read chinese? Comeon liar show me.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why you seem to be quarreling with everyone? You are really an obnoxious vermin, you know that? We shld have a poll to find out how many bros here will kick you in yr ass like a pariah dog.

Don't BS like lying bugger. You claim i cannot read chinese then next you say i cannot read chinese newspaper when i say i can read chinese. Care to show me where i claim i cannot read chinese? Comeon liar show me.

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
No. I didn't change goalposts. Further more I didn't accuse u, it you yourself who post u cannot read Chinese when I recommend u to read a book as u only speak kantang at home since young. I stand by what I post, it u who a BSer.

Don't bother about him, he is a retarded narrow minded moron. Just give him an "Up Yours" will do.:biggrin:

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Constantly drivelling whenever you open yr asshole. You are an oddity! Salivating and drivel from yr asshole.
And nothing of value to add here. You try to ingratiate with Scroobal and some other people but they ignore you. How you feel? thickskinned numbskulls like you.

ROFL and so what if you are chinese? Firstly it's already suspect if you are really chinese but then again so what if you are chinese? From the way you write and act it's plain obvious you are racist towards chinese and there are quite a number of chinese like that. You're a m&d ass kissing chinese dog and a racist to boot.

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
Constantly drivelling whenever you open yr asshole. You are an oddity! Salivating and drivel from yr asshole.
And nothing of value to add here. You try to ingratiate with Scroobal and some other people but they ignore you. How you feel? thickskinned numbskulls like you.

The guy is a moron, Look at all his posts. Its all about race. Never seen a quality post or reply from him. He brings nothing to this forum.. And the funny thing about this moron is, He thinks he is better and brings more to the table then Scroobal. A respectable man will sit down and have a discussion with scroobal while a retarded looking inbred low life scum will share the same table with Rastafart.