• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Boss Sam is a Bastard...

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What pains me is that it's costing me USD495 per month to process and store the wisdom that you contribute. Sometimes I think the only winner at the end of day is reliablehosting.com. They don't care what sort of shit ends up on their hard drives as long as it's paid for. They don't read the data.

The rest of us have to put up with your regular inputs.

I understand exactly.

Only by resorting to poetry can I express what I feel about Alamaking.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What pains me is that it's costing me USD495 per month to process and store the wisdom that you contribute. Sometimes I think the only winner at the end of day is reliablehosting.com. They don't care what sort of shit ends up on their hard drives as long as it's paid for. They don't read the data.

The rest of us have to put up with your regular inputs.

sam, pai seh! i thought server is yours? including HDD?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Im sure they are some forummers worst than me, so why am I targeted by you? cox i post the most and more vocal than others?

I'm not targeting you. I'm responding to this taunt that was posted by YOU...

Ah Leong dun seem to understand this now, he's slow, he prefer traffic and $$$, dun mind him hor :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

If I preferred traffic and $$$, you would have been removed from the equation a long time ago.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
sam, pai seh! i thought server is yours? including HDD?

It is mine but nobody buys a server up front. When a dedicated server is ordered by a customer, the host company buys the server for you and then amortises the cost over the life of the server and charges the client accordingly.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Your tools of infractions (700 points above), 10 points infraction = 1 day ban,

Those aren't rules you twit. They're parameters under which the forum tools operate.

no nudity, no shit pictures, these are your rules. What do you mean no rules?

Never have I stated no nudity. All I said was no R18 and the reason for that is simple.. the conditions are imposed by my hosting plan. If I allow adult content, the terms and conditions for hosting change and overheads increase.

As for graffiti that's plain common sense. How would you like it if I go to your house daily and pour shit and urine on your living room floor.

Sometimes I think you're nothing more than a retard with a serious persecution complex.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I preferred traffic and $$$, you would have been removed from the equation a long time ago.
The truth is you claimed the traffic are up and its a fact that you got extra income from the donation no matter how small sum it is right? And you said you let the Courtyard section run freely, did you realise there are so many nonsense threads around?

Anyway, I think i will stop here, before you veins explode. I said what I wanted to say already, I'm sad to see this forum degrading, but if you dun care, why should I? you the boss.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
The truth is you claimed the traffic are up and its a fact that you got extra income from the donation no matter how small sum it is right? And you said you let the Courtyard section run freely, did you realise there are so many nonsense threads around?

And who has contributed 16,481 posts to the pile of nonsense here? :rolleyes:

As for the term "income" I can assure you I get none from this forum. All I see every month is a negative figure.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Thats me, but how can you be sure all my posts are all nonsense?

I may not have read all of them but based on your intellect, I'd be very surprised if even 1% of what you've posted so far has any redeeming value.

If you can prove me wrong, I'd be overwhelmed with guilt over making such a generalisation and would apologise profusely.
:rolleyes:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's talk about this "extra money" part....

The forum first started off on ONE dedicated server at USD250 per month. The hosting plan is here.

http://www.reliablehosting.com/dedicated.htm

I paid the monthly hosting out of my own pocket from July 2008 to Dec 2010 which was $250x 30 months = $7500. There were zero donations and only CS Chio helping out from Sep 2010 onwards. I can't disclose how much he pays monthly without his permission but those who demand transparency can easily PM him if you want. I'm sure he won't mind disclosing the info privately. Needless to say it did not cover overheads.

In Jan 2011, the amount of traffic and the size of the growing database overwhelmed the hardware and there was 1 week of downtime and 10 days worth of data was lost.

From mid Jan 2011, the forum was resurrected on 2 dedicated servers. One for http and one for mysql. I also added SSDs, additional 16Gb memory etc on all the servers to ensure a similar crash did not happen.

Hosting now costs USD495 per month (special deal from Reliable hosting which includes gigabyte pipe/switches)

So from Jan 2011 till today, I've paid $495 x 22 months = $10890.00.

I've received 50 donations so far 10 of which were from one member alone.

50 x 19.95 = $997.50 over 3 months.

The lions share of the revenue of the betting banners go to the other forum which has more than 10 times the traffic. You can ask them how much they pay monthly. If they disclose it to you, portion 7% of that to this forum.

That, in a nutshell, is my accounts for the last 4.5 years.

If you think I'm becoming a millionaire out of donations, you can keep your money.

Boss, how can I show my appreciation without divulging my personal information? :confused:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Boss Sam should just shut this stupid forum. Reading all these posts, 99% are trash posts and divisive to national unity amongst sinkies.

It is trash because the PAP doesn't like it? What national unity are you referring to? In a country where foreigners call the shots, you expect national unity? Are you for real?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Boss, how can I show my appreciation without divulging my personal information? :confused:

I forgot all about the DDoS protection that I've had to implement since Dec 2011. That's $269 per month. or $2690 over the last 10 months. http://www.vistnet.com/pricing/ starter package. I may need to move to the eCommerce plan if traffic grows further

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aiyah, this forum is the most diversify around and due to the high concentration of anti establishment samsters. it will keep attracting pap porlumpar people and attention. even never register or log in they will still browse for info and ideas. some will come here for honest opinion for policy and current affairs. even those leeporters also. i think this forum already achieve something that other forums try to imitate but unable to. no need to argue, thats means something is right. then let nature take its course.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiyah, this forum is the most diversify around and due to the high concentration of anti establishment samsters. it will keep attracting pap porlumpar people and attention. even never register or log in they will still browse for info and ideas. some will come here for honest opinion for policy and current affairs. even those leeporters also. i think this forum already achieve something that other forums try to imitate but unable to. no need to argue, thats means something is right. then let nature take its course.

What is different between this and other forums?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I paid the monthly hosting out of my own pocket from July 2008 to Dec 2010 which was $250x 30 months = $7500.

So from Jan 2011 till today, I've paid $495 x 22 months = $10890.00.

I've received 50 donations so far 10 of which were from one member alone.

50 x 19.95 = $997.50 over 3 months.

If you think I'm becoming a millionaire out of donations, you can keep your money.

A true gentleman. H/T