• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Boss Sam is a Bastard...

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Boss Sam should just shut this stupid forum. Reading all these posts, 99% are trash posts and divisive to national unity amongst sinkies.

That's true in this section as I've always treated it as an area where people can come in and let their hair down so there is hardly any moderation apart from the removal of commercial spam and nonsensical threads which are headed nowhere.

At the end of the day, the quality of content at the Alfresco cafe depends upon the collective will of all the contributing members. It is what you guys make it out to be.

If you want to partake in more serious discussions or share useful information, there's the quiet zone and the political section where trash posts are trashed as they should be. For those wanting to get out of that shit hole country, the emigration section is a treasure chest of useful info garnered from the 4 corners of the world. Same goes with the JB section which wuqi has nurtured for the last couple of years.

If, all told, you decide that sammyboy.com isn't up to your exacting standards, you're spoiled for choice nowadays. There are literally thousands of alternative singapore centric sites that you can move to.

I wish you well.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's true in this section as I've always treated it as an area where people can come in and let their hair down so there is hardly any moderation apart from the removal of commercial spam and nonsensical threads which are headed nowhere.

At the end of the day, the quality of content at the Alfresco cafe depends upon the collective will of all the contributing members. It is what you guys make it out to be.......

You forgot to mention you loosen the rules, make extra money, but dun let us play the rules freely. You control your own rules, break your own rules, unbanned people who you personally think are innocent as you please and banned those people who are trying to protect the standard of this forum.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
You forgot to mention you loosen the rules, make extra money, but dun let us play the rules freely. You control your own rules, break your own rules, unbanned people who you personally think are innocent as you please and banned those people who are trying to protect the standard of this forum.

There are no rules. I have never talked about rules. I have never listed any rules.

What I have provided are tools not rules. Tools can be used constructively or they can be abused.

Someone has to make a call as to when the tools provided are being misused and being the owner of this forum, that person is me.

I err on the side of a free flow of information and ideas no matter how crappy they may be. I don't like people being silenced for no rhyme or reason other than the fact that everyone hates them.

However, the community moderation tools have also been very useful in getting rid of the real pests. I have left those to languish.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Who are those who are trying to protect this forum? You? Sei Hao Hai?...LOL....lOL

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are no rules. I have never talked about rules. I have never listed any rules.

What I have provided are tools not rules. Tools can be used constructively or they can be abused.

Someone has to make a call as to when the tools provided are being misused and being the owner of this forum, that person is me.

I err on the side of a free flow of information and ideas no matter how crappy they may be. I don't like people being silenced for no rhyme or reason other than the fact that everyone hates them.

However, the community moderation tools have also been very useful in getting rid of the real pests. I have left those to languish.
Your tools of infractions (700 points above), 10 points infraction = 1 day ban, no nudity, no shit pictures, these are your rules. What do you mean no rules?

Anyway, I wish I can explain to you why I restricts Fishypie's thread, there are reasons.... but I'm fucking tired, so why bother to help? LOL

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shit for brains can think?...LOL.....LOL

Haha... normally you dun online at this time, TFBH is online now, then you online? whahahahha. 1 use english to look down on people, another 1 use explicit vulgarities. You need to find a shrink, something is wrong in your head, LOL

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha... normally you dun online at this time, TFBH is online now, then you online? whahahahha. 1 use english to look down on people, another 1 use explicit vulgarities. You need to find a shrink, something is wrong in your head, LOL

Your analytical deduction blows me away. Shit for brains!.....LOL.....LOL

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Welcome TFBH, hahahaha......... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Hand itchy, cant wait to scold me right? whahahahahaa, LOL

Kiss! Kiss! Sei Hao Hai! Time for me to hit the sack. Do me a favor. Infract me into a banning now. Won't be loging in for the next 24 hours......LOL.....LOL

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Let's talk about this "extra money" part....

The forum first started off on ONE dedicated server at USD250 per month. The hosting plan is here.

http://www.reliablehosting.com/dedicated.htm

I paid the monthly hosting out of my own pocket from July 2008 to Dec 2010 which was $250x 30 months = $7500. There were zero donations and only CS Chio helping out from Sep 2010 onwards. I can't disclose how much he pays monthly without his permission but those who demand transparency can easily PM him if you want. I'm sure he won't mind disclosing the info privately. Needless to say it did not cover overheads.

In Jan 2011, the amount of traffic and the size of the growing database overwhelmed the hardware and there was 1 week of downtime and 10 days worth of data was lost.

From mid Jan 2011, the forum was resurrected on 2 dedicated servers. One for http and one for mysql. I also added SSDs, additional 16Gb memory etc on all the servers to ensure a similar crash did not happen.

Hosting now costs USD495 per month (special deal from Reliable hosting which includes gigabyte pipe/switches)

So from Jan 2011 till today, I've paid $495 x 22 months = $10890.00.

I've received 50 donations so far 10 of which were from one member alone.

50 x 19.95 = $997.50 over 3 months.

The lions share of the revenue of the betting banners go to the other forum which has more than 10 times the traffic. You can ask them how much they pay monthly. If they disclose it to you, portion 7% of that to this forum.

That, in a nutshell, is my accounts for the last 4.5 years.

If you think I'm becoming a millionaire out of donations, you can keep your money.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

You think I am Debonerman huh? Ok loh, diu lei kam har charn.

You already have 41 power. KNN still not enough. You abuse your INF power, then claim that Ah Sam break his own rules. WTF.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
LOL, I got 2 dogs now, hahaha

What pains me is that it's costing me USD495 per month to process and store the wisdom that you contribute. Sometimes I think the only winner at the end of day is reliablehosting.com. They don't care what sort of shit ends up on their hard drives as long as it's paid for. They don't read the data.

The rest of us have to put up with your regular inputs.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What pains me is that it's costing me USD495 per month to process and store the wisdom that you contribute. Sometimes I think the only winner at the end of day is reliablehosting.com. They don't care what sort of shit ends up on their hard drives as long as it's paid for. They don't read the data.

The rest of us have to put up with your regular inputs.
Im sure they are some forummers worst than me, so why am I targeted by you? cox i post the most and more vocal than others?