• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

best char kway teow

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shunfu market last time lake view HC CKT also good. But they dun allow extra hum. Their otah also good

That one I tried already. A bit too moist. But service is friendly and the price is cheap. But it's located at a fairly obscure location, far away from the touristy places.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tried this "chao kuey teow" at cendol lane, penang. not bad, one of very few penang stalls that is generous with prawns, fries kway teow first (no yellow noodles at all) before sprouts, but is stingy on hum. long lines, even though roadside and longkang a bit "chao", like its name.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
The best I've had. The original with lots of veg and raw/boiled cockles. Can even have orh luak with it.:thumbsup:
Heng Huat Fried Kway Tiao (Pasir Panjang Food Centre)

https://foursquare.com/v/heng-huat-fried-kway-tiao/4cd51d5db2a437046ae47b44/photos
https://www.burpple.com/heng-huat-fried-kway-tiao

maxresdefault.jpg
2552338_rYsOEC3-qmdYrxcmpDpnpOcav6hzdBJolVnhGp4Nxa4.jpg

2552338_oKsQr81VmG8qZVevSVi64u5KxbPpiMZHnSesRTzbCxI.jpg
-PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT-

So earlier today, I went to patronise Heng Huat Fried Kway Tiao. Have not been there in many many years. Order their top of the line S$10 for fried kway tiao + veggie + oyster omelette. The fried kway tiao was bland as fuck, no cockles. Portion was also small as fuck, I had to order another dish from another stall. Not worth the time, the money and the effort. Standard really dropped.:frown:

So, do not bother with this stall. I apologise for even mentioning it. Pictured is the swill my $10 bought.

lanchao char kway tiao.jpeg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

So earlier today, I went to patronise Heng Huat Fried Kway Tiao. Have not been there in many many years. Order their top of the line S$10 for fried kway tiao + veggie + oyster omelette. The fried kway tiao was bland as fuck, no cockles. Portion was also small as fuck, I had to order another dish from another stall. Not worth the time, the money and the effort. Standard really dropped.:frown:

So, do not bother with this stall. I apologise for even mentioning it. Pictured is the swill my $10 bought.

View attachment 88210
thanks for the warning. sure close shop for the poor review. if it survives i'll be surprised.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

View attachment 88210

My PSA:

Except for a few notable locations, the western part of Sinkieland isn't a place where you can expect to get good food. Most the great stuff are in the south, central and east.

Pasir Panjang hawker centre's customers: low SES veggie wholesalers and PSA port workers, with the occasional Haw Par Villa or used car mart employees. And it's not that accessible. So what did you expect? :rolleyes:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
My PSA:

Except for a few notable locations, the western part of Sinkieland isn't a place where you can expect to get good food. Most the great stuff are in the south, central and east.

Pasir Panjang hawker centre's customers: low SES veggie wholesalers and PSA port workers, with the occasional Haw Par Villa or used car mart employees. And it's not that accessible. So what did you expect? :rolleyes:
That's true now. However, when I used to work in that area, that char kway tiao stall was really good. They served tasty large portions with a ton of cockles, veg. All for $3-5 if I recall correctly. I ordered pratas too, the Mutton gravy was tasteless and diluted. The western food stall was also shit. Won't be going there ever again.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My PSA:

The hawker was the aggressive one in recent viral ‘Fight’ video shot on location in the HC?