• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

best char kway teow

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
way better than jiuhu char kway teow, including penang's. in jiuhu, they throw in bean sprouts first which results in overcooked soggy sprouts. moreover, they are sextremely stingy with either prawn or hum. and very unhygienic too with cooking methods and food handling. this hill street technique is the best. caramelize the noodles first, then add sprouts. then copious amount of pork cracklings (deep fried lard), egg, lup cheong, and hum. can see he's very generous with the hum. plus clean wok, organized kitchen, no waste, efficient food handling and cooking.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
compare to penang char koay teow (penang spelling). sg ckt is much better, if you're a discerning cook. jiuhu's stalls are dirty, and cooking stations filled with bits and pieces of waste food. moreover, food handling is horrendous. one cook just came out of the toilet and rushed to wok.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
I nominate this
https://www.sammyboy.com/threads/a-singaporeans-guide-to-living-in-thailand.107933/post-3193494

KR1Hqvw.jpg

b0Gn6s3.jpg

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Outram Park Fried Kway Teow Mee: So Good That People Are Willing To Queue For Over An Hour At Hong Lim Market & Food Centre

MICHELIN Guide Asia
Every day, 66-year-old Ng Chin Chye and his wife wake up at 2am to get ready for work. By 3.30am, they arrive at Hong Lim Market & Food Centre, where their hawker stall is. Ng is the proprietor of the popular Outram Park Fried Kway Teow, and for the last two decades, he’s been dishing out plates of sweet, smoky char kway teow to customers at Chinatown’s first and most iconic hawker centre.

Read more: https://sethlui.com/outram-park-fried-kway-teow-mee-singapore/#ixzz6UIFT1bNO

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Outram Park Fried Kway Teow Mee: So Good That People Are Willing To Queue For Over An Hour At Hong Lim Market & Food Centre

MICHELIN Guide Asia
Every day, 66-year-old Ng Chin Chye and his wife wake up at 2am to get ready for work. By 3.30am, they arrive at Hong Lim Market & Food Centre, where their hawker stall is. Ng is the proprietor of the popular Outram Park Fried Kway Teow, and for the last two decades, he’s been dishing out plates of sweet, smoky char kway teow to customers at Chinatown’s first and most iconic hawker centre.

Read more: https://sethlui.com/outram-park-fried-kway-teow-mee-singapore/#ixzz6UIFT1bNO
he also throws in bean sprouts before frying noodles for 69 seconds. bean sprouts get overcooked and soggy lah. he just need to tweak his sequence a little bit. every time i see "michelin", i siam. only stupid sinkies will queue up 69 minutes for a plate of ckt.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle think some r&d ai student or engineer should invent a auto ckt machine based on inputs from these experts KNN all these nice ckt are manual and leemited production KNN the invention will huat KNN

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KNN my uncle think hai kee ckt previously at Margaret drive now at telok Banglah still da best KNN but not sure latest still there anot KNN
this chap saves a step by humpalan mixing flat lice noodles, yellow noodles, and sprouts in a bucket. and throwing the mixture into wok with a plate for measurement. can serve fast and a lot, but not the best for me. for me, bean sprouts must have tails removed (one by one by hand) and cook to perfection. otherwise, 6.9 stars out of 9. i'm super fussy about sprouts, and how they are prepared and cooked separate the maestros from humble hawkers.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset