• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ass Loon Watched Too Much Daiwanes Movies?

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, you are correct. It's about the trails and tribulations of 3 good friends from Uni after graduation.

confirm are 3 friends after Uni graduation, not 4 or 5
all 3 leads males, females or mixed.
set in Tokyo, Hokkaidō or where?

just need more info to narrow down search.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
confirm are 3 friends after Uni graduation, not 4 or 5
all 3 leads males, females or mixed.
set in Tokyo, Hokkaidō or where?

just need more info to narrow down search.

This is what I can recall.
The 3 friends are guys.
1 is married (young couple).
The other got 1 pretty lady friend who likes him and always trying to help him to get a job and supporting him but he bochap her and is carefree type.
The last 1 want to be like the carefree friend but in the end, reality sets in and he became a junior salary man doing boring routine stuff in the office.

I think it was set in Tokyo. It started when the 2 single friends went to stay with the married friend, as they have just started out in adult life and no where else to stay. The married friend's wife kept nagging the husband to find ways to get rid his friends as she wanted to have a "two persons world" with him (newly married). There were many funny situations resulted from these clashes and many more between the relationship of these 3 friends and their lives. It was fun to watch and a nice show at that.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I tried to search again with your suggested title and bro sideswipe's tips as a guide, but without success.
Have no idea who the actors are and what is worrying is that I can't even remember the year it was shown. Probably a few years in SG after production in Japan.
The series was about 3 friends and their "restless years". :smile:

I think the Chinese title is called 今秀年华. Hope I got the Chinese characters right. Tried to do a search on the web, but found nothing from the title.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thus shd be 锦秀年华

FOUND IT!!! It was a different name in Hong Kong. Here is the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMPznd7aKZM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FMPznd7aKZM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FMPznd7aKZM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is the show I'm talking about. This part is taken from HongKong TVB. I can't find our Singapore version.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pOzAkstTReU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pOzAkstTReU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Japanese drama series seem to have disappeared from Singapore channels. They're the best of the east, at times even surpassing western standards. Their acting and production are naturally classy, unlike the Koreans who try too hard to pretend to be classy and the worst of all, Taiwanese who're clueless and waste everybody's time for decades since the invention of television. Even Singapore production standard fares better than them. Taiwan have better acting talents but wasted them all.

Japanese period drama series top it all. I watched the Oda-Toyotomi-Tokugawa shogunate trilogy on San Francisco TV many years ago. In terms of production standard, nothing Chinese can measure up to that until the release of Yongzheng Dynasty, yes, not even Romance Of The Three Kingdoms (which could be hold blameless since it was China's pioneering venture into big production).

HK and Taiwanese period dramas are pure craps. It's a shame that Japan seem to have stopped producing period dramas. Perhaps they've done it all and done it best, hard to beat and run out of historical stories anyway. HK and Taiwan keep regurgitating period novels from Ming-Qing period, Jin Yong and Gu Long ad nauseum decade after decade like recycling paper but have never got it right any time, indeed getting worse and worse. China TV can do it much better that these two pretenders.

That said, HK contemporary dramas have been good, watchable and enjoyable ever since The Chameleon. China contemporary dramas are totally as unwatchable as those made in Taiwan. The Taiwan TV industry is only good for dubbing and subtitling Mandarin for Cantonese and Japanese.

jw5

Loyal
This is what I can recall.
The 3 friends are guys.
1 is married (young couple).
The other got 1 pretty lady friend who likes him and always trying to help him to get a job and supporting him but he bochap her and is carefree type.
The last 1 want to be like the carefree friend but in the end, reality sets in and he became a junior salary man doing boring routine stuff in the office.

I think it was set in Tokyo. It started when the 2 single friends went to stay with the married friend, as they have just started out in adult life and no where else to stay. The married friend's wife kept nagging the husband to find ways to get rid his friends as she wanted to have a "two persons world" with him (newly married). There were many funny situations resulted from these clashes and many more between the relationship of these 3 friends and their lives. It was fun to watch and a nice show at that.
Hahaha bro, you are really the smart devil. :smile:

I liked the theme song as well, hence the video brought back good memories.

Your synopsis seems mostly correct, but I seem to recall that the couple were not married but were living together. Because they frequently discussed about marriage and I think there was even an episode where their marriage took place. And the other 2 friends were living together but not with the couple, because I recall the 2 visiting the couple frequently (which led to arguments) and also the guy visiting his 2 friends whenever he had a tiff with his live-in gf.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Devil Within solved the puzzle.
This 前程錦繡 was super oldie.

51BNYNZ89VL.jpg

俺たちの旅
放送時間 日曜20:00 - 20:56(46回分)
放送期間 1975年10月5日 - 1976年10月10日
出演者
中村雅俊
田中健
津坂まさあき(秋野太作)
森川正太 他

I never seen this show before. The theme song was so similar, think someone sang it in Cantonese.

Dinkley

Alfrescian
Loyal
Japanese drama series seem to have disappeared from Singapore channels. They're the best of the east, at times even surpassing western standards. Their acting and production are naturally classy, unlike the Koreans who try too hard to pretend to be classy and the worst of all, Taiwanese who're clueless and waste everybody's time for decades since the invention of television. Even Singapore production standard fares better than them. Taiwan have better acting talents but wasted them all.

Japanese period drama series top it all. I watched the Oda-Toyotomi-Tokugawa shogunate trilogy on San Francisco TV many years ago. In terms of production standard, nothing Chinese can measure up to that until the release of Yongzheng Dynasty, yes, not even Romance Of The Three Kingdoms (which could be hold blameless since it was China's pioneering venture into big production).

HK and Taiwanese period dramas are pure craps. It's a shame that Japan seem to have stopped producing period dramas. Perhaps they've done it all and done it best, hard to beat and run out of historical stories anyway. HK and Taiwan keep regurgitating period novels from Ming-Qing period, Jin Yong and Gu Long ad nauseum decade after decade like recycling paper but have never got it right any time, indeed getting worse and worse. China TV can do it much better that these two pretenders.

That said, HK contemporary dramas have been good, watchable and enjoyable ever since The Chameleon. China contemporary dramas are totally as unwatchable as those made in Taiwan. The Taiwan TV industry is only good for dubbing and subtitling Mandarin for Cantonese and Japanese.
The Japanese mentality is to always produce high-quality products. Hence, their dramas are of top-class as the head honchos only let those with quality and potential to be aired.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your synopsis seems mostly correct, but I seem to recall that the couple were not married but were living together. Because they frequently discussed about marriage and I think there was even an episode where their marriage took place. And the other 2 friends were living together but not with the couple, because I recall the 2 visiting the couple frequently (which led to arguments) and also the guy visiting his 2 friends whenever he had a tiff with his live-in gf.

Yes, you are right. That guy is not married yet and that girl is the landlord's daughter.