• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ass Loon Watched Too Much Daiwanes Movies?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jul 23, 2010

Too much slapping on TV

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --><!-- story content : start -->
THE Taiwanese show titled Love, currently airing on Channel 8 at 7pm daily, seems to have attracted a good following from a wide spectrum of viewers.
I have noticed a behaviour commonly seen in many Taiwanese dramas which worries me, and that is the slapping scenes - men slapping women, women slapping women, men punching men.
As more and more Taiwanese dramas are being aired on TV and on prime-time slots, what kind of message are we sending to our youngsters about such physical aggression?
Teh Joo Nah (Ms)

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ever notice Taiwanese like to say this - 我送你四个字

Sinkies who receive "四个字" would be over joy and go to buy 4D

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
think SG dramas should stop using 鸡蛋糕 as a substitution for Chao Chee Bye.
it's uncreative + ridiculous.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... I have noticed a behaviour commonly seen in many Taiwanese dramas which worries me, and that is the slapping scenes - men slapping women, women slapping women, men punching men.
As more and more Taiwanese dramas are being aired on TV and on prime-time slots, what kind of message are we sending to our youngsters about such physical aggression?
Teh Joo Nah (Ms)
ah nah ... u wanna watch disney movies during prime time, rite? ...

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah... I miss the japanses dramas too. Japanese ladies more natural chio then korean or taiwan gals.
!&!!

I missed a 80s' Japanese drama series titled 小镇之春. The song is lovely and till now i still remember very well.

If anyone know where to find the Jap's 80s' drama series in Sg, pls let me know. Tks..

jw5

Loyal
I missed a 80s' Japanese drama series titled 小镇之春. The song is lovely and till now i still remember very well.

If anyone know where to find the Jap's 80s' drama series in Sg, pls let me know. Tks..
I miss this Japanese serial called "The Restless Years".

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't know bro.
Tried to google it with no success.
Maybe Bro Devil Within knows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_television_drama ( chinese version ) for Jdramas list.

you sure the English translations are "The Restless Years"?
I did a wiki search on 年, 世代 by those English words.
百年物語
某年夏天
戀愛世代
I pinpoint to these 3 dramas, my guess correct?

drama production year - 80s, 90s or after 2000s?
and knowing who's the leads would solve the puzzle 70%...

http://jdorama.com/ - think can find almost complete list of Jdramas there.

Last edited:

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't know bro.
Tried to google it with no success.
Maybe Bro Devil Within knows.

I tried to search for it on the web too, but couldn't find any. I think the show's Chinese title goes something like this; "Jin Siu Nian Hua".

jw5

Loyal
I tried to search for it on the web too, but couldn't find any. I think the show's Chinese title goes something like this; "Jin Siu Nian Hua".
I tried to search again with your suggested title and bro sideswipe's tips as a guide, but without success.
Have no idea who the actors are and what is worrying is that I can't even remember the year it was shown. Probably a few years in SG after production in Japan.
The series was about 3 friends and their "restless years". :smile: