• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anyone good at fixing computer?

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow,look like here have a lot of PC's experts.
very good,next time if have problem,can post and ask for advise.

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
branded pc are a faze... i got a chinese brand notebook... light and good... have been using it for almost 5 yrs now.. LCD still bright and no black dots (used to have a compaq once and the LCD have black dots after a few yrs)...

Now bought my second chinese brand notebook... T2330 mainboard with 1.6G dual core... price is sgd800 with 3 years warranty...

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who the f88k wants a PC today ?? And worst, load it with Vuckta ??

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FVbf9tOGwno&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FVbf9tOGwno&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

F88k it, chuck it, Buy a Mac, please !!

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My advice is just get one of the higher range branded system like Dell or HP for gaming(FPS) or Mid range for other games. Dell system is almost as cheap then DIY PCs and U dun seem like you can handle the PC if something goes wrong so let them do the worrying.

hi guys, pls don't buy dell. fuck up service, never on time as promised! i changed the printer 2 time, then i can get something working! and now even giving out funny sound again! PC a lot of trial ware. sales service fuck up becos call centre at mudlaysia. lazy and lousy service from their staff. complain? no use, all same kampong!!! nothing will happened!!! don't even take down what u said, just let u tok and tok. done? thank u for ur feedback! this set of pc and printer i bought it last dec and will be my first and last from dell. anyone come to me to ask for my advice, i will tell them anything but dell. my work place using ibm including the server. very good and stable. i used to fix all my pc myself. this is the first time i bought a system from dell. no more from dell. think i will fix a new pc again after dell breakdown. FUCK YOU DELL!!!

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My co use Dell world wide... So far, aft so many yrs, not much problem. Pay abit more for 3 yrs, nxt working day on site response... so far they neber fail to get things fix the nxt day...

At home, me using a xps for gaming... so far... neber make use of the on site response yet...:biggrin::biggrin:

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My co use Dell world wide... So far, aft so many yrs, not much problem. Pay abit more for 3 yrs, nxt working day on site response... so far they neber fail to get things fix the nxt day...

At home, me using a xps for gaming... so far... neber make use of the on site response yet...:biggrin::biggrin:

did your com get their pc and server from mudlaysia side? honestly my com IT dept did try to use dell, but give up after the pc can't perform. so they juz leave there to rot. luckily, they only try out by getting a few. i really have bad exp with them. imagine new printer can't print, change for a new one same prob. ask for exchange 2nd time, then theygive u a good one. you call this good??? anyone from dell here???can tell me why i have to change 2 time to get a good printer??? The mudlaysia support staff treat me like idiot, really sound like those india call center toking to the angmo i heard from internet. not apologetic when things goes wrong, don't even explain what happened!!! even the dell staff at suntec tell me its like that becos i'm juz buying a set pc of pc only. so if dell is so big shot might as well shut down the pc business and focus on server only. this is good customer service??? what the fuck! will share what i encounter with dell if anyone ask for opinion to get a new pc. will go back to essemble my own pc, reali regret getting pc frm dell. me already told my colleagues, friends and those i work with from other com about it. good luck to those who is going to get pc from dell.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FUCK YOU DELL!!!

hehe. Bad luck I guess. I havent had any issue with any of my home systems yet so I cant comment too much on the service level. But at least they got your problem fixed in the end. My Company uses HP and Dell worldwide and I've a lot of experience with their tech support, but I'm pretty sure Biz level support is not the same as end user support. I'm talking about branded PC in particular and I mentioned Dell coz I've been using it and of coz, becoz its cheap.

Compared that to a DIY system, if you have the same issue with them, U'll need to go down to the individual distributor of that particular part to get it changed. That means -> Frustration level * number of parts = pwnz!!! Which kind of happened to me when I was still using DIY system. The good thing is at least I know how to do my own troubleshooting, I know which parts are having problems and just need to change them accordingly.

I strongly suggested a branded system to the thread starter mainly becoz he doesnt seem like someone who is very knowledgeable on the technical aspects of PCs. At least he would be able to call up someone to seek help. If it was a DIY PC, you're suppose to identify the problem yourself. The parts company are only going to change parts for U, not help fix your PC.

eat_n_die

Alfrescian
Loyal
i voluteer to fix a gaming PC for you.
But only if you accept the specification

1 Dell 3008 LCD or 3007 LCD
1 1000W power supply from zalman
1 lian li tyr-PC-x500B
1 gigabyte EP45-dQ6
1 E8600 intel CPU
4 DDR2-1066 OCZ ram 2GB
1 Blu-ray burner LG
1 vista premium
1 1.5TB seagate HD
1 4870x2 asus
1 thermalright ultra 120 copper
2x 120mm noctua nf-p12

i can install kalyway osx86 leopard on it
so you can boot on vista or OS X
and it is overclock to 4GHz to 4.5 GHz depend on your luck of draw on intel E8600, i make sure it is stable 24x7 gaming.

and i dun build cheap comp. if you gave me cash, i can finish in end of the year. I will make sure the routing of cable will be top class. quality will be top class.

Cost of labour is free.
Cost of parts will be extremely high. as it is a top class gaming computer. not a cheap computer like a mac.
with the overclock cpu, it will be faster than a mac pro in most application except a few.

also NO tech support, meaning after hanging over the computer to you, end of transaction. any problem, you fix yourself. I am not running a business, or have time to troubleshoot problem if you download virus yourself.

Yo thank you but I need people like you for future tech support leh. Maybe I can give you a good treat for any future tech support. Anyway what will be the cost for the new PC mentioned by you?

I am here to make more friend also.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
did your com get their pc and server from mudlaysia side? honestly my com IT dept did try to use dell, but give up after the pc can't perform.

Think all sg customer got their pc frm marlaysure... Ele. stuff lidat 1 lah... Suay suay buy 1 with problem then suay suay run into a lousy cust svcs staff, lousy technician... u got bery bad experience leow... :biggrin::biggrin:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yo thank you but I need people like you for future tech support leh. Maybe I can give you a good treat for any future tech support. Anyway what will be the cost for the new PC mentioned by you?

I am here to make more friend also.

Seriously U should really take my advice.

I strongly suggested a branded system to the thread starter mainly becoz he doesnt seem like someone who is very knowledgeable on the technical aspects of PCs. At least he would be able to call up someone to seek help. If it was a DIY PC, you're suppose to identify the problem yourself. The parts company are only going to change parts for U, not help fix your PC.

If someone were to help U, you either have to pay for their service or its base on good will which unless U are pretty close to that person, don't count of him being there all the time. Personally I don't mind giving friends advice on IT related matters but I won't work on it personally. I find that I've had enough of this kind of stuff at work all day, I seriously don't want to do more work during my free time. I'm pretty sure most pple feel the same

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I've only bought monitors from Dell. Happy with my purchase but did have a problem when they sent me 6 monitors instead of only 3. They screwed up the order & it took them a few weeks before they picked up the excess monitors.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I've only bought monitors from Dell. Happy with my purchase but did have a problem when they sent me 6 monitors instead of only 3. They screwed up the order & it took them a few weeks before they picked up the excess monitors.

If they send 6 but billed 3 oni hor... Lidat goot wat!! Buy 1 get 1 free...:biggrin::p