• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anyone good at fixing computer?

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
No wonder my MSI graphics card was DOA out of the box :p
Must have been made in China :biggrin:

can you find the following PC related products anymore?

1. Made in Germany
2. Made in Japan?
3. Made in the USA?

methinks even when you go to these countries to buy PC related products, they are all made in China.

do you have an iPhone? does it say Made in China too? Made in China products are ubiquitous and you cannot run away from it.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes... but internally... dis is equally goot if not better becoz Dell bought over Ailenware sometime back...

dell-xps-730.jpg

Serious!!!!??????

I own an alienware lappie but it's already outdated.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I first bought a hp branded pc and then starting changing the parts to make it better,

Now i have geil rams 6400 which is considered fast speed Overclcoked to 940mhz.

I changed my old overclocked processor at 3.3ghz to one that runs at 4.2ghz it's called the c2d E8400 with e0 stepping. It's one of the fastest Core 2 duos out there.

I have the world's fastest graphics card and the model which is 2nd fastest currently the ati 4870 x2.

Of course my old power supply could not handle that shit since most pcs only have 350 watts. So i bought a new power supply at 750 Watts. There's lots of crap to know like 80% effiency etc. I changed my damn motherboard too so that i could Overclock my processor.

Anyway u guys wait a while the Intel's new i7 processor will be out. Get that along with super high speed rams called ddr3 rams. Now ddr2 rams are dirt cheap. Too bad i got the lower high speed ones. ddr3 rams are still ex but hey it's still afforable.

Oh yes i think i7 processors only can run on ddr3 ram motherboards not very sure.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the key word for a good and stable system is compatible. not compatible, parts will break down very fast. im using asus MB, asus MB is the best!!! diy system is the best!!!

And avoid VISTA.! Go with Windows XP:biggrin:

First thing I load is one of the fee anti-virus SW, free firewall from zone labs. I also got a free SW for registry cleanup ,save restore points, ..... Free all free:smile:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your system must run hot. :p

I think the trend is towards energy efficiency. Getting very exp to run high powered appliances in Spore :rolleyes:

Yup it's hot man. So must need watercooling for better heat dissipation. Although i dun have it.

U know nowadays u need 2-3 gfx cards to have the best gaming???? it's called crossfire or SLI depending on the brand.

Nuts right? U need a power supply of over 1000W to be on the safe side when running them.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And avoid VISTA.! Go with Windows XP:biggrin:

First thing I load is one of the fee anti-virus SW, free firewall from zone labs. I also got a free SW for registry cleanup ,save restore points, ..... Free all free:smile:

I have vista service pack 1 and it loads up faster than my xp. sp 3.

U need vista for direct x10 gaming.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the fastest graphic card is 4870x2, what do you mean second fastest?

Well i have a non reference card, which means it is an Overclocked version. It is the 2nd fastest OC version right now.

The fastest one has a water cooler attached did u know that???

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Btw the latest games are far cry 2, fallout 3, crysis warhead, stalker clear sky, devil may cry 4.

Slightly older ones are like mass effect

Damn found some of them boring.

Thank god i did not buy any of them cept for dmc4
Gonna check out fallout 3 and call of duty 5.

Get a raidshare premium account, costs around 15 bucks and u can d/l these games for free.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Serious!!!!??????

I own an alienware lappie but it's already outdated.

Yes... Ailenware is owned by Dell now. Think they dun 1 2 bring it in to compete with their own XPS series...

Anyway... YESSSSS!!! COD 5 World at War will be out.... 2DAY!!! Well... at least dis dun kill us like wat NS did... :biggrin::p:biggrin:

CoD5a.jpg

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zPt08UYmyMo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zPt08UYmyMo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the rule of thumb is still, if you PC runs Crysis at high settings, its good enough. Don't know what those jokers were thinking when they created a game that needs nuclear powered PC. Havent seen Crysis Warhead but I heard they learned their lesson. Most of us don't own insane gaming rigs!!!!

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
no need la, i realise most of the time i just use to surf forum as i grow older. games these days the more i play, the 3d effect is giving me headache. a 800 dollar one will do i think

Quite true. With a PC that can surf internet can do. I was thinking of a good reason to get one new laptop(as it is cheap now), but still pondering for what...

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think the rule of thumb is still, if you PC runs Crysis at high settings, its good enough. Don't know what those jokers were thinking when they created a game that needs nuclear powered PC. Havent seen Crysis Warhead but I heard they learned their lesson. Most of us don't own insane gaming rigs!!!!

I hab warhead... Din try 2 set the graphic 2 high... i jus leave it at default... goot enuff... In fact Crysis War is much more fun then Crysis Warhead... :biggrin::biggrin:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hab warhead... Din try 2 set the graphic 2 high... i jus leave it at default... goot enuff... In fact Crysis War is much more fun then Crysis Warhead... :biggrin::biggrin:

But can you do this in Crysis?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JTbneJ-ydEI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JTbneJ-ydEI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>