• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anyone good at fixing computer?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well i have a non reference card, which means it is an Overclocked version. It is the 2nd fastest OC version right now.

The fastest one has a water cooler attached did u know that???

just said you have the fastest card in the world.
now we have to talk about the subset too?
what is next, we have different brand.

but i heard that x58 with icore7 and 280 GTX SLI thrash 4870x2

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
some of you really siao sia, got money effort to build such a nuclear power pc. i think i quite lucky, all my diy pc lasted at least 5 years and above.

the longest running one is 8 years which gave way a few months back. then i go check up on the latest development in hardware and bloody got a shock....man i was all the while living in the cave.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If they send 6 but billed 3 oni hor... Lidat goot wat!! Buy 1 get 1 free...:biggrin::p

Dell sent me an invoice for 6 computers! Double my order. It took them 3 weeks to pick the spares. When they made delivery I picked up on the mistake but the delivery guy told me to settle with the office

I wanted to charge them for the storage but chin chye lah :rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
some of you really siao sia, got money effort to build such a nuclear power pc. i think i quite lucky, all my diy pc lasted at least 5 years and above.

the longest running one is 8 years which gave way a few months back. then i go check up on the latest development in hardware and bloody got a shock....man i was all the while living in the cave.

I'm still using a seven year old iBook. My Titanium(Mac G4) broke down 2 years ago. Will replace soon because I want to give Snow Leopard a try when its released. Apple computer keeps on ,going I stilh have my Quadra 800 :p I also have one of those handbag Apple laptops(orange) :p

PCs are not collectible & must replace like refrigerator, TV,.. :rolleyes:

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
can you find the following PC related products anymore?

1. Made in Germany
2. Made in Japan?
3. Made in the USA?

methinks even when you go to these countries to buy PC related products, they are all made in China.

do you have an iPhone? does it say Made in China too? Made in China products are ubiquitous and you cannot run away from it.

Then made in where is not ubiguitous? Must see "Made in Church" then can and good ah? :eek: :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have vista service pack 1 and it loads up faster than my xp. sp 3.

U need vista for direct x10 gaming.

I got a copy of Vista but after hearing about peoples problem, I've decided to hold back from using it. Direct X10 must be the only reason people are using AND that XP is difficult to get.

Windows 7 is going to replace VISTA because few want the "features" offered by VISTA. MS is loosing market share to Apple, don't know if VISTA is driving them away or they are attracted to Leopard :biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
DirectX10 comes with Vista...it won't run FallOut3....

You have to download DirectX9 to run FallOut3 on Vista!!!

well thank god i have xp too!!!

Anyway i tot dx10 is downwards compatible????

I am not sure anyway most games have dx9 and dx10 versions, like crysis u can select dx9 or dx10.

I tot the game will install direct x for you if u lack the correct dx?????

For me i will install the game on xp if there's no dx10 cos it mostly runs faster.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I got a copy of Vista but after hearing about peoples problem, I've decided to hold back from using it. Direct X10 must be the only reason people are using AND that XP is difficult to get.

Windows 7 is going to replace VISTA because few want the "features" offered by VISTA. MS is loosing market share to Apple, don't know if VISTA is driving them away or they are attracted to Leopard :biggrin:

Vista can be quite a hassle. It needs permission to run programs. Sometimes certain features cannot be run unless u right click on it and allow admin permission and it has to be done everytime. Bascially it wastes time. U can turn them off but then there's a warning everytime.

Some programs like mirc for eg which are installed in program files and when u d/l using it d/l the files into a hidden folder and u cannot find it just by clicking on program files like that. U need to take the extra steps to allow hidden files and folders to be seen. It's a bit diff from xp and hence it takes getting used to and gives problems to ppl.

Although after sp1 is installed it is more stable.

Btw when will windows 7 be released?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

When i said i have the fastest card i meant the model 4870 x2 which is the fastest currently.

Out of all the 4870 x2 brands i have the 2nd fastest one. Only right now a few other brands like palit are making non refernce gpus, but they are still slower than my diamond.

As for the i7 core and the 280gtx sli. U mean i7 gpu with 280gtx sli vs a 4870 x2 with a c2Q cpu setup????

Comeon i7 is faster of course it will run the gpus faster.

Btw 280gtx sli is of course faster than 1 4870 x2. It's common sense. 4870 x2 is still in 1 body after all it cannot be expected to beat sli. although u can quad fire it.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Actually if u read my post again i did state clearly that i own the fastest card and it's the 2nd fastest one among all of them.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
COD5... Other then missing the laser pointer of modern weapon... gameplay....SHIOK DAHHHHH!!!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin: Fallout3 nxt dish Thur!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dell sent me an invoice for 6 computers! Double my order. It took them 3 weeks to pick the spares. When they made delivery I picked up on the mistake but the delivery guy told me to settle with the office

I wanted to charge them for the storage but chin chye lah :rolleyes:

Hi why u order 6 pcs??? U opening internet cafe???

Are those high end pcs???

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the rule of thumb is still, if you PC runs Crysis at high settings, its good enough. Don't know what those jokers were thinking when they created a game that needs nuclear powered PC. Havent seen Crysis Warhead but I heard they learned their lesson. Most of us don't own insane gaming rigs!!!!

Do u know crysis has very high settings too????

crysis warhead is clearer than crysis although it looks the same to me.

Crysis came out with a hotfix that made it smoother anyway.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Btw when will windows 7 be released?

I don't think even MS knows :p

I think MS will wait for Apple to release Snow Leopard, so that they can "borrow" features. Vista was obviously a dud. :biggrin:

The release of Vista was delayed so many times & when it was released people were surprised that it wasn't much of an improvement over XP. Why bother with an exp OS upgrade that also requires a hardware upgrade?

Hi why u order 6 pcs??? U opening internet cafe???

I ordered 3 monitors from Dell but they screwed up the order & sent me 6 monitors. I have a multi-monitor setup. I don't play games so don't know much about direct X10. I'm surprised that games would require direct X10 because it would limit the market as Vista is not that popular.