• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Any Suckers Still Buying Overpriced, Crappy BOSE Speakers ???

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
you people want so powerful speakers for what, rock the entire block or neighborhood?

i use the creative t12 for my pc. it is small but it's really damn loud. i set it at the half-way point ( to get the bass ) and only 10% volume at windows media player for mp3. it's really quite loud already. at night i tone down the volume to 7%.

read that some people use t12 for TV too. recommended.

Talking about Creative, strangely all mine and wife's ear and head phones are Creative and whenever I need to get a replacement I'll still go for it. Love their Aurvarna range of products, comfortable fit and feel and clarity of sound.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey buddy,

I just drove for almost 5 hours so the late reply. First of all thanks for this post because I got to know more brands than BOSE like Orb, Cabasse and Galio. At least I know there are alternatives and maybe better choices now. I had bookmarked them all. As for my future plan to purchase as mentioned it'll be another 2 years I believe when the house is planned to be ready. I will not forget your offer to help as I had put it into my list of things to do for the new house. Thanks again GIMD. I'll let you know the budget then but it should not be a concern.

really wanna thank me huh ?............up my points lah................:biggrin:...........recently i kana zapped leh............basketball............

if budget not problem..........go for Cabasse............they have hi-end satellite/sub systems that cost up to over 50k................

buying in 2 years' time...............i may not be around then................so better write down .........1) Cabasse........2) Gallo

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I wouldn't say it is overpriced.

But for me, I am a listening idiot. Can't tell the sound quality. So whether Bose or an above average speaker, I can't tell the difference!

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any mid range speakers just as good. Unless you have the hearing of an elephant. No need to go for branded speakers. I will only buy a good system if i have a dedicated room for it, or a home cinema.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how much is the Orb Audio ?

pricing on their website in USA like very reasonable.........made in USA some more...........:smile:

they copy the sphere design from Gallo Acoustics............http://www.roundsound.com/home-theater.php

the biggest joke is that there are some TOTAL clowns that use Accuphase amps with Bose 901 and then say the sound is not good !

there are even more goondus that use Audiolab (which is nothing great) with Bose satellite-sub .............the sound was terrible !

in USA, they condemn Bose like this ........''no lows and no highs, must be Bose''..........

Price depends on the kinda setup you want.. me bought at 2k speakers + woofer. One of the bosses were formerly a partner from Anthony Gallo, so that explains.

@johnny333, you might also wanna consider "paradigm" 2.1 speakers.. imo, those are more worthy than the two you put up.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Price depends on the kinda setup you want.. me bought at 2k speakers + woofer. One of the bosses were formerly a partner from Anthony Gallo, so that explains.

@johnny333, you might also wanna consider "paradigm" 2.1 speakers.. imo, those are more worthy than the two you put up.

Paradigm speakers in S'pore are waaaaay overpriced...........the distributor siao ah............

under USD400 speakers selling for Sing$800................not worth buying lah.........

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wouldn't say it is overpriced.

But for me, I am a listening idiot. Can't tell the sound quality. So whether Bose or an above average speaker, I can't tell the difference!

5-6k for a AV system..........speakers made in China/Mexico...........cabinets made of plastic...........dirt cheap paper-cone woofers.........

not to mention Bose downright ugly compared to offerings from audiophile brands..............

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Paradigm speakers in S'pore are waaaaay overpriced...........the distributor siao ah............

under USD400 speakers selling for Sing$800................not worth buying lah.........

No need to compare speakers. Most stuff from the states that are sold in peesai are more than double the original price. Peesai is a rip off place. Shopping paradise my foot.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No need to compare speakers. Most stuff from the states that are sold in peesai are more than double the original price. Peesai is a rip off place. Shopping paradise my foot.

no lah.........a lot of products the price still reasonable..........some distributors are crazy, they think customers don't know actual prices.......

Paradigm is from Canada so prices quoted in US magazines already include US import tax...........so come direct to s'pore should be even cheaper.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a great sounding sound system can bring you more joy than any woman..........seriously..............

can make your hair stand and give you goosebumps and shivers.............

it will grab your attention and won't let go until the music ends...............

it's almost like a religious experience..................

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
really wanna thank me huh ?............up my points lah................:biggrin:...........recently i kana zapped leh............basketball............

Certainly, your posts benefited me heaps. Already exhausted today. Tomorrow evening will do so.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I still have my old system of Jamo 11's & Monitor Audio speakers which I rarely use.

Nowadays I am just looking at updating my PC sound system which is currently connected to an Atlantic Technologies Pattern 100. It might be old but still a good system.

The Klipsch & Corsair sound OK to me but I'm still looking. Someone suggested something like the Onkyo LS 3100 which is a Blue tooth wireless 2.1 system.

Last edited:

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bose is well known junk brand lah.............

but i think now that the audiophile brands also doing satellite speakers that are much cheaper, sound far better and better built...............plus brands like Samsung, LG, etc etc offer very cheap and nicer looking systems as well..................Bose now jialat..............sounds poor and very expensive

Bose sound ok lah, just way overpriced. Arent they among the pioneers for subwoofer+satallite speaker sysyems?

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bose sound ok lah, just way overpriced. Arent they among the pioneers for subwoofer+satallite speaker sysyems?

they may be pioneers but once the audiophile brands start making it and then mass market brands make cheaper ones..........Bose jialat liao.........