• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Any Suckers Still Buying Overpriced, Crappy BOSE Speakers ???

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
go for these, sounds loads better and much cheaper. www.breathingsounds.com one of the best satellite speaker systems.

your suggestion is Orb Audio is far better than Bose but is not hi-end.......the best satellite system is Cabasse.......then maybe Gallo Acoustics...............

*** ''Have tried Bose, with Ipod/Iphone docking, similar to the pic, was disappointed. Sound lousy.''
(Made in China, OEM product with Bose brand slapped on)

*** ''is bose like the iphone of the speaker world?''
(Bose is considered junk in hifi industry - a real laughing stock)

JOETYS -

tell me your budget and what amp you using, i can suggest far far far far far better speakers than Bose 901.....................don't make a fool of yourself !

Last edited:

Prometheus888

Alfrescian
Loyal
JOETYS -

tell me your budget and what amp you using, i can suggest far far far far far better speakers than Bose 901.....................don't make a fool of yourself !

bro I would like to spend about 2k for a home theatre hi fi... can you suggest to me whats the best set up please? Currently i have a 60 inch 8000 series samsung hd led tv with a panasonic bluray. i have the cables so not an issue.

:smile:

thanks in advance...

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you people want so powerful speakers for what, rock the entire block or neighborhood?

i use the creative t12 for my pc. it is small but it's really damn loud. i set it at the half-way point ( to get the bass ) and only 10% volume at windows media player for mp3. it's really quite loud already. at night i tone down the volume to 7%.

read that some people use t12 for TV too. recommended.

Last edited:

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
you people want so powerful speakers for what, rock the entire block or neighborhood?

i use the creative t12 for my pc. it is small but it's really damn loud. i set it at the half-way point ( to get the bass ) and only 10% volume at windows media player for mp3. it's really quite loud already. at night i tone down the volume to 7%.
People stay in good class bungalow mah. Especially those pap ib fellows.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have to admit I'm a sucker as far as audio is concern, I'm not an audiophile, never has been never is. I remembered those younger days when I was only a teenager heartlander came across Atlas Sound, like a country-bumpkin don't dare to go in. But then took the courage to enter and remembered vividly was welcomed and introduced to Bose products. After that I continue to visit ......

Atlas were agents for some good of brands of their day e.g. Accuphase, Loew, audiolab, ...

I remember that the 1st time I went there was to find out more about the Accuphase products. Still a good product but out of fashion with the iPhone & Samsung crowd.

Many businesses are struggling in Spore. I was at Ion yesterday looking for a sports store that I had visited a few months ago & found that it has been replaced by new gourmet grocery store:eek:

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aiyoh..........why condemn people until like that ?!

if it's Clinton666 i can understand.............and fully support............

No leh, I neber codemn lah, I'm just speaking the truth of tony-lanjiaoless-chat. He seems to be very proud of it as seen in some of his post.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
those 2.1 system huh ?

i hear one at a grocery store:eek:.................surprisingly good for jazz music..........vocals maybe not that great

yes, 2.1 system.. pretty ok to me. in fact i like it very much. i thought of getting the boss too at first but i dun like the sound.

Last edited:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I have the T40 MkII. Sounds pretty good connected to my iPod even without a sub-woofer.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro I would like to spend about 2k for a home theatre hi fi... can you suggest to me whats the best set up please? Currently i have a 60 inch 8000 series samsung hd led tv with a panasonic bluray. i have the cables so not an issue.

:smile:

thanks in advance...

2k for amp and 5.1 speakers ah ?

i think can only get Mirage speakers..........receiver can get NAD, they got one new one for $599 - great for music and movies, better than the Japs.

if you can increase budget, ask the Cabasse lowest model see how much.........

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
your suggestion is Orb Audio is far better than Bose but is not hi-end.......the best satellite system is Cabasse.......then maybe Gallo Acoustics...............

*** ''Have tried Bose, with Ipod/Iphone docking, similar to the pic, was disappointed. Sound lousy.''

JOETYS -

Yep, personally using Orb Audio and have listened to BOSE lifestyle series before, Orb much better. Don't know about the other brands you said but must be good as well, BOSE not even in the league. BOSE is notorious for not disclosing the specs of the system citing that audio is meant to be heard and not simply about specs. The much-hype acoustimass bass module has a frequency response of 46Hz to 202Hz and anybody with a decent knowledge of audio would know this is rubbish of a woofer.

http://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/137182.html
http://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/9497.html

Please read the below link to know the insides of BOSE:

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

to quote:

"Popularity. Popularity of a name brand doesn't equate to quality. Bose mystique feeds off of its well-targeted audience: the ignorant, ill-informed, mass-market consumers who search for simplified hifi audio solutions in "all-in-one" chain stores "

"Audio newbies often throw out the "But I heard that Bose is good!" defense, to which I respond "From who?" Was it a sound engineer, electrical engineer, materials scientist, studio engineer, sound producer, recording professional, musician, Mark Levinson? Ray Dolby? George Lucas? Anyone credible? Or was it your neighbor with the GoldStar walkman, Teac boom box, Funai mini-system, and Sylvania receiver? Perhaps the ubiquitous Bose Ads that they find in completely irrelevant magazines such as Popular Science, Times, Playboy, GQ, People, Astronomy, etc, had some sort of subliminal effect against the better of their judgment? But that's just conjecture..."

Last edited:

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
go get logitech speaks , the mid to high end ones, they sound great.

I concur with the logitech, they have this Z series which till now is still one of the best PC speakers which imo, altec lansing and all others lose out. In the past i had the cambridge soundworks blasterworks 5.1 THX and it was awesome for gaming Quake 3, CS etc.. very good pin point accuracy and paired with the sound blaster live sound card, it was really awesome. Pity they don't take PC speakers that seriously nowadays.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I concur with the logitech, they have this Z series which till now is still one of the best PC speakers which imo, altec lansing and all others lose out. In the past i had the cambridge soundworks blasterworks 5.1 THX and it was awesome for gaming Quake 3, CS etc.. very good pin point accuracy and paired with the sound blaster live sound card, it was really awesome. Pity they don't take PC speakers that seriously nowadays.

Have you listened to Corsair & Klipsch speakers? Both are available in Spore Do you think these speakers are good:confused:

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Gamin...=UTF8&qid=1355730735&sr=1-25&keywords=corsair

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-ProMe...d=1355730899&sr=1-2&keywords=klipsch+speakers

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Klipsch home theater speakers i listened before, but not their PC speakers. Corsair seems new to audio but if you ask my opinion, i would go for the Klipsch due to them having longer history in the audiosphere.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually...Bose ish 1 of de top performing headphone in term of active noise cancellation...sq wise...can b better thou...

I'm using The Grado SR80i.. I really recommend Grado head phones.. Its money worth it..

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yep, personally using Orb Audio and have listened to BOSE lifestyle series before, Orb much better. Don't know about the other brands you said but must be good as well, BOSE not even in the league. BOSE is notorious for not disclosing the specs of the system citing that audio is meant to be heard and not simply about specs. The much-hype acoustimass bass module has a frequency response of 46Hz to 202Hz and anybody with a decent knowledge of audio would know this is rubbish of a woofer.

http://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/137182.html
http://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/9497.html

Please read the below link to know the insides of BOSE:

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

to quote:

"Popularity. Popularity of a name brand doesn't equate to quality. Bose mystique feeds off of its well-targeted audience: the ignorant, ill-informed, mass-market consumers who search for simplified hifi audio solutions in "all-in-one" chain stores "

"Audio newbies often throw out the "But I heard that Bose is good!" defense, to which I respond "From who?" Was it a sound engineer, electrical engineer, materials scientist, studio engineer, sound producer, recording professional, musician, Mark Levinson? Ray Dolby? George Lucas? Anyone credible? Or was it your neighbor with the GoldStar walkman, Teac boom box, Funai mini-system, and Sylvania receiver? Perhaps the ubiquitous Bose Ads that they find in completely irrelevant magazines such as Popular Science, Times, Playboy, GQ, People, Astronomy, etc, had some sort of subliminal effect against the better of their judgment? But that's just conjecture..."

how much is the Orb Audio ?

pricing on their website in USA like very reasonable.........made in USA some more...........:smile:

they copy the sphere design from Gallo Acoustics............http://www.roundsound.com/home-theater.php

the biggest joke is that there are some TOTAL clowns that use Accuphase amps with Bose 901 and then say the sound is not good !

there are even more goondus that use Audiolab (which is nothing great) with Bose satellite-sub .............the sound was terrible !

in USA, they condemn Bose like this ........''no lows and no highs, must be Bose''..........

Last edited:

Prometheus888

Alfrescian
Loyal
2k for amp and 5.1 speakers ah ?

i think can only get Mirage speakers..........receiver can get NAD, they got one new one for $599 - great for music and movies, better than the Japs.

if you can increase budget, ask the Cabasse lowest model see how much.........

yeah Mirage has this new way of reversing their tweeters so that the sound is true-surround... sounds like a good deal could be gotten for les than 1.5k :smile:

Thanks bro.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yeah Mirage has this new way of reversing their tweeters so that the sound is true-surround... sounds like a good deal could be gotten for les than 1.5k :smile:

Thanks bro.

Mirage sat-sub systems made in China if i'm not wrong..........don't expect too much when it comes to music........movies maybe okay.......

see if Orb Audio same price boh ? also, check Cabasse if their lowest model about same price.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

yup i have the Z series... soild..

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

JOETYS -

Hey buddy,

I just drove for almost 5 hours so the late reply. First of all thanks for this post because I got to know more brands than BOSE like Orb, Cabasse and Galio. At least I know there are alternatives and maybe better choices now. I had bookmarked them all. As for my future plan to purchase as mentioned it'll be another 2 years I believe when the house is planned to be ready. I will not forget your offer to help as I had put it into my list of things to do for the new house. Thanks again GIMD. I'll let you know the budget then but it should not be a concern.

Last edited: