• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Any Suckers Still Buying Overpriced, Crappy BOSE Speakers ???

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
waaah.........last time Bose keep advertising very often in newspapers but now boh liao leh.........

also, just went to 111 Somerset and their supposedly flagship store quite pathetic leh..........in size and lack of customers..........

remember last time at Plaza S'pura the shop look very grand and a lot of people inside..........

their prices are un-farking-believable.............how they can bring themselves to sell junk at high prices is beyond me !

so finally people decidedly if they're gonna buy crap speakers, they might as well buy much cheaper crap like those in Courts or Best Denki ?:biggrin:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought they were pretty good. Many foreigners came to purchase at the Plaza SP store... I never failed to pop by for demo. In the end I chose Nakamichi for the aesthetics.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought they were pretty good. Many foreigners came to purchase at the Plaza SP store... I never failed to pop by for demo. In the end I chose Nakamichi for the aesthetics.

Bose is well known junk brand lah.............

but i think now that the audiophile brands also doing satellite speakers that are much cheaper, sound far better and better built...............plus brands like Samsung, LG, etc etc offer very cheap and nicer looking systems as well..................Bose now jialat..............sounds poor and very expensive

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aiyoh..............this kind of junk lagi not worth it.............

but their headphones are the worst............sound not good...............don't look good also..............

i think more people know they lousy thanks to internet..............people keep condemning them

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey faggot Tony-lanjiaoless-chat, that sound same as when I fuck for you. They all sounded good. You must thank me for doing the job for you, you know.

aiyoh..........why condemn people until like that ?!

if it's Clinton666 i can understand.............and fully support............

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Celeste Chong ?

I am only interested in the girl in the picture. :smile:

Zhang+Yu+Hua.jpg

She looked like Celeste Chong or Zhang Yu Hua.

I like this song.

[video=youtube;r0YmhbYNMoo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0YmhbYNMoo[/video]

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bose is the first to come out with the Powered Acoustimass system in the world.
It took the world by storm and its sound quality was indeed good at that time. Price was ok for that type of system compared to others high end system.
I did check it out recently at their Sommerset store and it is nothing like before.
Bose is the name of its Indian founder Amar Bose, if I got the Amar right.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bose is well known junk brand lah.............

but i think now that the audiophile brands also doing satellite speakers that are much cheaper, sound far better and better built...............plus brands like Samsung, LG, etc etc offer very cheap and nicer looking systems as well..................Bose now jialat..............sounds poor and very expensive

is bose like the iphone of the speaker world?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I have to admit I'm a sucker as far as audio is concern, I'm not an audiophile, never has been never is. I remembered those younger days when I was only a teenager heartlander came across Atlas Sound, like a country-bumpkin don't dare to go in. But then took the courage to enter and remembered vividly was welcomed and introduced to Bose products. After that I continue to visit them although no money to buy anything. Naturally when I became and adult and setting up a new home I thought of their surround sound system Lifestyle so bought a simple Lifestyle 12.

Like I said I'm no audiophile, I bought it simply because (1) the shop made me feel comfortable since my penniless teen; (2) this is a simple system and I don't need to mix and match other systems (of course now a days can get off shelves Sony, Samsung etc etc). I did not proceed further than Lifestyle 12 because I rarely watch TV or movies at home till today, so today I still do not own any high-end audio system except for a pair of pretty good speakers and a set of tube amp all made in China which I bought from Jay Audio when I moved to my new house for my wife.

However I did continue to get other things from Bose till today like their Wave Radio for every bedroom (act as a clock and simple audio); Acoustic Wave for the kitchen; Companion 5 for my computer and a L1 Model II Quard which I carry around in my car to visit customers whenever I need to do presentation for a big group.

Having said all these my point is, I say for the third time I am no audiophile so, I really appreciate the simplicity of Bose product for an ignorant person like me and also I do not have the time to do research for a better or cheaper product. There are a couple of Bose products that I plan to buy one day and they are the green coloured Free Space speakers and Environmental speakers for the outdoor, also I've been eyeing their classic 901 for a while but for the 901 or its equivalent I think I need the brothers' help here who are experts in this field.

Dr. Amar Gopal Bose
amar-bose.jpg