• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Silom is one of the busiest roads in Bangkok together with Sathorn, Asoke, Ploenchit, Ratchada etc. The Soi 4 of Silom is an interesting street full of restaurants

Your photos are amazing. I always thought of Silom 4 as ground-zero for the gay bar scene. I used to know 2 guys who worked there. Interestingly they are straight (both have since married and retired)

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gathering storm
Tropical storm set to lash nation
c1_1440774_180405040918_620x413.jpg

Bangkok and surrounding provinces are going to bear the brunt of a strong tropical storm that will affect most regions of the country from Thursday to Saturday.
  • Bangkok Post Published: 5/04/2018 at 04:09 AM
  • Newspaper section: News
A powerful tropical storm will hit most regions of Thailand Thursday, triggering downpours and damage in flood-prone areas until this Saturday, the Meteorological Department warns.

Bangkok and neighbouring provinces will bear the brunt for at least two days -- Friday and Saturday -- before southern provinces are next in turn to be soaked around early next week, the department said. Besides widespread rainfall, which will be heavy in some areas, fierce winds, hail storms and lightning strikes are likely.

Meanwhile, strong winds have already slammed five provinces, causing damage to 150 houses in 21 villages, Chayapol Thitisak, chief of Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation, said Wednesday. Affected villagers live in the northern provinces of Phayao, Lampang and Phrae where more than half of the damage was reported, he said.

Other provinces are Chachoengsao in the East and Chai Nat in the upper Central Plains where houses will also be in need of repair.

Usually strong winds strip homes of their roofs but, in some cases, houses with relatively weak structures will suffer more severe damage.

The freak weather results from a high pressure system, which brings cold air, and has reached the middle part of China. The storm will also be intensified by "westerly winds" over northern Thailand.

Chiang Rai, Phayao, Phrae, Nan, Uttaradit, Phitsanulok and Phetchabun will be among the first provinces to bear the impact Thursday, the department said. Many parts of the Northeast, the East and some provinces in the Central Plains will be hit almost simultaneously.

Many more provinces in these regions will be whipped by the tropical storm Friday and Saturday.

The Meteorological Department warned Bangkokians and villagers in other provinces to expect rain. "Torrential rain and continual rainfall can bring flash floods and mountain torrents," it said.

The department also expected more rain in the South early next week due mainly to the influence of stronger "easterly winds."

Mr Chayapol also warned people not to use mobile phones outdoors during the volatile weather as the devices could transmit electrical charges during storms, putting people at risk.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those riding bikes along Thepprasit/Thappraya junction be careful. This came out in ch 8 news. Volunteer mata stopped farang motorsai, pull the keys out and say farang mao.

Actually volunteer mata has no right to do so. Even real mata also need to have alcohol breather tester to charge drunk driving.

The pull key out is an old trick by mata to prevent “Dek Waen”aka Motorsa Kids from escaping at road blocks.

Will show how to overcome this.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Those riding bikes along Thepprasit/Thappraya junction be careful. This came out in ch 8 news. Volunteer mata stopped farang motorsai, pull the keys out and say farang mao.

Actually volunteer mata has no right to do so. Even real mata also need to have alcohol breather tester to charge drunk driving.

The pull key out is an old trick by mata to prevent “Dek Waen”aka Motorsa Kids from escaping at road blocks.

Will show how to overcome this.

Volunteer police in Pattaya are the lowest scums of the earth just because they don a uniform they act big like real police. Just look at them their faces and way they act really low form of life rejects of society mostly chow angmohs who are doing this to score points to live in Thailand.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
What do Thai ladies think of marrying foreigners who are old enough to be their Papa ? This is a topic that has been discussed to death in Thaivisa forum, but most are bar ladies marrying old Farangs who already have a family back home. The views expressed are pretty skewed.

What about the local sentiments ?

I like top play "step-father" :eek::biggrin::p

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Volunteer police in Pattaya are the lowest scums of the earth just because they don a uniform they act big like real police. Just look at them their faces and way they act really low form of life rejects of society mostly chow angmohs who are doing this to score points to live in Thailand.
Don't say like that leh. I also aspire to be a Volunteer Police @ Pattaya :confused::rolleyes:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The storm mentioned by YY probably reaching sin city around 7-9 pm or possibly earlier. Now very strong winds and also sky black black liaoz.

Think tonight rain will be a long one. Better stock up my Chang beers.

Edit: forgot add photo

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mentioned earlier how to tackle mata pull out motorsai keys at road blocks.

Most jiao kias like to use a long time elasticity strap or chain to fasten the motorsai keys to their pants or belts . Another advantage is will never leave the key on the motorsai.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
School term close. Many temples have short term ordination for kids. My friend eldest kid 9 year old went to ordain as a novice. My friend so happy sia because its a tradition that siam kia boys ordained for short period of time as a form of making merits for their parents.

But my friend told me he is also happy cos his kid have no access to telephone and pc for 2 weeks. 9 year old nia play games both on pc and telephone until short sighted power almost 500.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
The storm mentioned by YY probably reaching sin city around 7-9 pm or possibly earlier. Now very strong winds and also sky black black liaoz.

The dual-color tone block to the right with a tree in the middle, is that The Gallery @ Soi 8 ?

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Edit: forgot add photo
Near near. Thats Laguna Beach
Laguna Beach Resort Condominium
165, Moo 12, Nongprue, Amphoe Bang Lamung, Chon Buri 20150
085 282 6454
https://goo.gl/maps/gmeiaWCJDXH
The Gallery@soi 8 can be partially viewed from my kitchen window. Its about 300 metres away.
the Gallery is behind the bulding.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Beri beri crowded everywhere today. End up in Central Marina. Waiting for tonychat favorite vegetarian meal. Guess which one is tonychat favorite?

Tonychat secretly have this when no one is looking.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
HGot back to Bangkok liao. At 8.15pm panicked cos forgot to cut hair and barber closed so drove around in search of one and found this

Photo 6-4-18, 9 05 34 PM.jpg

Got to pay 250 baht or $10 for this haircut but I normally pay 70 baht or only $3 so this is very expensive for me
Photo 6-4-18, 8 20 08 PM.jpg

Was hungry after haircut and there's a boiled rice shop just next to it

Photo 6-4-18, 8 59 30 PM.jpg

Photo 6-4-18, 8 59 34 PM.jpg

Photo 6-4-18, 9 09 26 PM.jpg

Photo 6-4-18, 9 22 16 PM.jpg

Boiled rice is very delicious, owner use only seabass and this bowl cost only 50 baht or $2

Photo 6-4-18, 9 22 21 PM.jpg

Photo 6-4-18, 9 22 26 PM.jpg

Total cost = $7.20