• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
New find euro style restaurant at Putthamonthon, not far from Nakhon Pathom. Great kah moo.

1F34DA00-CFBE-4207-A886-EF9F42CF94E4.jpeg
2CA4901B-3F7E-472C-B085-75F53DAB5794.jpeg
CB89DF9A-8047-4EE3-8DBF-7D5EC0985C44.jpeg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thailand is divided into 6 regions - North, South, East, West, Central and North East. North East is commonly known also as Isaan where the people identify themselves as Lao, they speak a similar language as the country Laos. Isaan is the largest region in Thailand and possibly has the largest population too. Isaan cuisine is very popular among the Thais.

Went to an Isaan restaurant for lunch today:

Start with this
mT3y0uO.jpg

Raw vegetables
CU26NNB.jpg

Somtam raw crab
hE4XnbI.jpg

Grilled sticky rice
H9XbxBP.jpg

Grilled chicken
nXqraaR.jpg

Bee larvae
da9F8jT.jpg

Crickets
MjRaZur.jpg

Omelette with ant eggs
aoajEZr.jpg

Worms
0Cp54BS.jpg

Deep fried duck beak
uW2TlV6.jpg

Soup (tom saeb) with pork
hgSlp83.jpg

The feast
ME7FbdT.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chon, just thinking of my next do at Bang Saray. Recall your previous mention.

Thought of doing Sukhothai but helluva drive, stop over at Nakhon Sawan, then to Petchaburi

Saw this interesting link for Bang Saray. Is U Pattaya any good? Any recommendations?

http://www.bang-sare.com/

Understand more brits here. Read couple of half true, strange but fun characters in Bang Saray (catch up another post)

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Greyhound is a homegrown chain of restaurant catering to higher end customers and usually located in the expensive malls like Emporium, Paragon, Promenade etc. Serving western and Thia fusion they even have a branch in London.

Having lunch now at the Greyhound in The Promenade

uxY9i1q.jpg

mV38oJU.jpg

JwawPlp.jpg

Banana cocktail non-alcoholic
eKC2PRv.jpg

Ice lemon tea
GD2nMJZ.jpg

Vegetables soup
g60OhXP.jpg

Salmon
YfVmxAK.jpg

Pasta
ImtZ5wI.jpg

Have to say everything look nice and that'll is as far as I can go cos the food is just so so

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thailand is divided into 6 regions - North, South, East, West, Central and North East. North East is commonly known also as Isaan where the people identify themselves as Lao, they speak a similar language as the country Laos. Isaan is the largest region in Thailand and possibly has the largest population too. Isaan cuisine is very popular among the Thais.

Went to an Isaan restaurant for lunch today:

Start with this
mT3y0uO.jpg

Raw vegetables
CU26NNB.jpg

Somtam raw crab
hE4XnbI.jpg

Grilled sticky rice
H9XbxBP.jpg

Grilled chicken
nXqraaR.jpg

Bee larvae
da9F8jT.jpg

Crickets
MjRaZur.jpg

Omelette with ant eggs
aoajEZr.jpg

Worms
0Cp54BS.jpg

Deep fried duck beak
uW2TlV6.jpg

Soup (tom saeb) with pork
hgSlp83.jpg

The feast
ME7FbdT.jpg
Tom Saeb is a must try. Wont go wrong one for those who like spicy.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chon, just thinking of my next do at Bang Saray. Recall your previous mention.

Thought of doing Sukhothai but helluva drive, stop over at Nakhon Sawan, then to Petchaburi

Saw this interesting link for Bang Saray. Is U Pattaya any good? Any recommendations?

http://www.bang-sare.com/

Understand more brits here. Read couple of half true, strange but fun characters in Bang Saray (catch up another post)
Do day trip and possibly dinner at one of the seafood restaurants. Preecha has a branch at Bang Saray but I still prefer the Baan Ampher main branch. At night stay at Pattaya lah! Bang Saray has nice beach but at night really nothing unless this is what you are looking for.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Psst...sneaked off to Hatyai for 1 nighter, been >10 years since I was last here. Got a singer lobang (did a stint Sg).

Just had the best foot massage by a mean looking aunty #10 (clean joint hor). Power, cleaned my toes with some stick, good pressure on heels etc.

859ED26A-F8DB-4A1F-B3CB-2D460ABB385D.jpeg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Dinner at my usual haunt, Peppe's restaurant. Was told live lobsters arrived today

Start with the Amarone
M9BcZrp.jpg

Portobello
ZkklnJK.jpg

Australian mussels
oFvJeGV.jpg

Matador - first time having this here
Gk0keMB.jpg

Yummy
2unGwFb.jpg

The rack
MRneywc.jpg

Salute Peppe
TNEq2f9.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Psst...sneaked off to Hatyai for 1 nighter, been >10 years since I was last here. Got a singer lobang (did a stint Sg).

Just had the best foot massage by a mean looking aunty #10 (clean joint hor). Power, cleaned my toes with some stick, good pressure on heels etc.

View attachment 40603
Last visit to Hap Chai almost 30 years ago to visit relatives (paternal side).

Think might make a weekend trip down to Hap Chai to try out tge Bak Kut Teh. Tia Gong Jing Hor Jiak.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Has anyone been to one of the Kanchanaburi floating resorts?
Myself never been there but my friend went during new year holidays and have full of praise for the floating resorts. Looking for the photos taken by friend in my old samsung galashit phone. Will post later.