• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

1979 Geylang Bharu Murder

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why was this bastard allowed to be jailed for such a short time.
He got off light because he plead bargained. Part of the deal see him serving time in medium security prison.
Had he decide to claim trial and lost then it will be many years in Max security prison.
This guy was a good for nothing who lived of women....he was working on and off in jobs like waiter etc when he got recruited into SIA.
He was a ladies man with his good looks, was tall and speaks well always like to pass himself off as mix blood when you was a 100% mat stock.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you guys are over reacting.

If she is an ugly bitch I dun think you guys would give a damn.

Yeah sure. based on your stupid logic, I am also very sure you would not give a damn when your mother, sister and daughter get raped and killed by him.

Last edited:

War Criminal

Alfrescian
Loyal
how can that malay steward turn first degree murder into manslaughter?? manslaughter i thought was killing in self defence/accident? rubbish US justice system.

is he really scot free now? but i guess he has a criminal record now? cant get a job

there was the famous murder case in river valley hotel at Havelock road. the ang moh met another ang moh on a plane, they shared a room, the bad guy tasered or something the other guy, drag his body to the bathtub and use a hammer and butchers knife to dismember the person and stuff it in black garbage bags then tossed them into the Singapore river.

First body part found was by a old Sinkie fisherman and was the pair of severed legs. All the bags had bloated due decomposition and release of CO2. they found the whole decomposed body sans the head. caught the bad guy and hanged him i think.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The butcher was John Martin Scripps. He had many victims but the one you are referring to is Gerard Lowe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Martin_Scripps

how can that malay steward turn first degree murder into manslaughter?? manslaughter i thought was killing in self defence/accident? rubbish US justice system.

is he really scot free now? but i guess he has a criminal record now? cant get a job

there was the famous murder case in river valley hotel at Havelock road. the ang moh met another ang moh on a plane, they shared a room, the bad guy tasered or something the other guy, drag his body to the bathtub and use a hammer and butchers knife to dismember the person and stuff it in black garbage bags then tossed them into the Singapore river.

First body part found was by a old Sinkie fisherman and was the pair of severed legs. All the bags had bloated due decomposition and release of CO2. they found the whole decomposed body sans the head. caught the bad guy and hanged him i think.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He got off light because he plead bargained. Part of the deal see him serving time in medium security prison.
Had he decide to claim trial and lost then it will be many years in Max security prison.
This guy was a good for nothing who lived of women....he was working on and off in jobs like waiter etc when he got recruited into SIA.
He was a ladies man with his good looks, was tall and speaks well always like to pass himself off as mix blood when you was a 100% mat stock.

i don't think he was recruited into sia due to his looks and wat a ladies man to have raped and murdered a new colleague cos she supposedly refuse to sleep with him.

KoalaJack

Alfrescian
Loyal
there was a newspaper on him a few years back, on life after leaving US prison. wonder what hes doing now and if his conscience is killing him.
just wondering why must he murder the poor gal instead of just raping her alone....

KoalaJack

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not funny, there was no cadaver to prove a murder, all evidences were circumstantial, those arrested were released & for two years during that time, I kept off all Indian food; especially Nasi Briyani.

Who knows what 'special' ingredients, it may contains.

Jack just find the line funny, not the murder part....

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there was a newspaper on him a few years back, on life after leaving US prison. wonder what hes doing now and if his conscience is killing him.
just wondering why must he murder the poor gal instead of just raping her alone....

If he had raped her and let her live she obviously would have squealed on his deed. Perhaps gotten worse punishment in SG and in the US.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how can that malay steward turn first degree murder into manslaughter?? manslaughter i thought was killing in self defence/accident?

Killing in self defence to counter threat of death or grievous hurt is no offence. Excessive force used causing death but where causing death is neither warranted nor intended, that's manslaughter. Causing death in accident depends on the level of negligence. Absolute accident is no offence. Accident caused by rash or negligent is an offence but not amounting to murder.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
I wonder if the Geylang Bahru parents had any prior warning from the killers that they were going after their kids.
Perhaps the killers warned them and the parents just brushed it off or even put the money ahead of their kids' safety.
Now, that would be really despicable on the parents' part.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wonder if the Geylang Bahru parents had any prior warning from the killers that they were going after their kids.
Perhaps the killers warned them and the parents just brushed it off or even put the money ahead of their kids' safety.
Now, that would be really despicable on the parents' part.

I heard both the parents and the uncle involved were in deep shit with loansharks. The lottery payout would be handy. The uncle did warn out loud that he'd kill their whole family if they didn't pay his share of the strike. The parents insisted they forgot to buy the ticket and didn't strike. The loan racket of 32 in the area forgave all their debts after that happened, wrote off as bad debt and bad luck, do a little merit. How to pursue debt collection any further when such a thing happened?

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
I heard both the parents and the uncle involved were in deep shit with loansharks. The lottery payout would be handy. The uncle did warn that he'd kill their whole family if they didn't pay his share of the strike. The parents insisted that they forgotten to buy the ticket and didn't strike. The loan racket of 32 in the area forgiven all their debts after that happened, wrote off as bad debt and bad luck, do a little merit. How to pursue debt collection any further when such a thing happened?

If that's the case, then the parents are really despicable.
Not only did they chowka which is bad enough, but they put their childrens' lives at stake for the sake of money.
Strange how so many people with children behave like arrogant bastards, without considering that their children may have to pay the price for their actions.

M

Mdm Tang

yes..i did read this . Very sad that children are slaughtered no matter what issues they murderer may have had with the parents.

I remember rumours of the parents being illegal 4D bookies.

Yupp ... Heard from one Taxi uncle that it has been 33 years ago and

policemen at that time still wear Kaki Shorts .

One Lucky Punter striked 1st Prize .

The amount involved was more tham S$200k.

That amount is huge at that time .

One HDB 3 Rm Model only $20k plus.

Bus ticket was only 0.20 Cents.

Heard the couple makan the S$200k and or Makan the Bet

and did not follow it to the Big Boss.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If that's the case, then the parents are really despicable.
Not only did they chowka which is bad enough, but they put their childrens' lives at stake for the sake of money.
Strange how so many people with children behave like arrogant bastards, without considering that their children may have to pay the price for their actions.

To me, the parents were next to confession in silence, refusing to accuse any suspect or provide any clue or evidence. The loansharking racket and gang stayed far far away like the devil distancing from heaven. Only people in the neighborhood and gang knew some heads or tails but we all also stayed far far away like angels distancing from hell. That's the tough part of police and investigation job. When both sides stay far far away, there're no leads to follow up upon.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I heard both the parents and the uncle involved were in deep shit with loansharks. The lottery payout would be handy. The uncle did warn out loud that he'd kill their whole family if they didn't pay his share of the strike. The parents insisted they forgot to buy the ticket and didn't strike. The loan racket of 32 in the area forgave all their debts after that happened, wrote off as bad debt and bad luck, do a little merit. How to pursue debt collection any further when such a thing happened?

what do you mean? You mean after their kids got killed they just wrote it off? Wow they do have some heart after all.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what do you mean? You mean after their kids got killed they just wrote it off? Wow they do have some heart after all.

I'd say, half heart of pity and half brain of sense. This type of case, anything said wrongly to police or court may involve the noose on the neck. Money can be earned back later as long as we're still alive. Life, we only live once. That's why I said, they took it as doing merit for the kids whose lives were gone.

Last edited: