• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

1979 Geylang Bharu Murder

Hacksaw Jim

Alfrescian
Loyal
On the morning of 6 January 1979, four children from the Tan family were violently murdered in their Housing and Development Board flat. The four children, aged between 5 to 10 years old, were found hacked and slashed to death in the bathroom of their one-room flat in Block 58, Geylang Bahru. Their parents, Tan Kuen Chai, 38, and Lee Mei Ying, 30, were out at work when the murders took place. The murders remain unsolved.

http://newspapers.nl.sg/Digitised/Article/straitstimes19790107.2.3.aspx

I think this is by far the most gruesome homicide case ever,till today no one has been apprehended.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
yes..i did read this . Very sad that children are slaughtered no matter what issues they murderer may have had with the parents.

I remember rumours of the parents being illegal 4D bookies.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some bros shared before.........related to private 4D winnings payout dispute.
Parents knew who was responsible.
Months after the murder got birthday card sent to taunt the parents, with details of the mother undergoing female vasectomy thus unable to conceive.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
ah ok...i must have missed that bit of news.

Some bros shared before.........related to private 4D winnings payout dispute.
Parents knew who was responsible.
Months after the murder got birthday card sent to taunt the parents, with details of the mother undergoing female vasectomy thus unable to conceive.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hi Bro Hacksaw, can dig up the curry murder case ?; i remember something Like the verdict was Left opened~..
:wink:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I lived there. I knew the kids as neighborhood kid, though not very well, no direct close friendship. What I heard was the murderer was their uncle. He tumpang their father to buy 4D and hit first prize. Their father die die said forgot to buy. So his kids ended up die die dead dead. Police investigation showed no sign of housebreaking, i.e. the murderer was known to the kids and the kids let him in. However, that was insufficient evidence to prosecute and there were no other evidence.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I lived there. I knew the kids as neighborhood kid, though not very well, no direct close friendship. What I heard was the murderer was their uncle. He tumpang their father to buy 4D and hit first prize. Their father die die said forgot to buy. So his kids ended up die die dead dead. Police investigation showed no sign of housebreaking, i.e. the murderer was known to the kids and the kids let him in. However, that was insufficient evidence to prosecute and there were no other evidence.

Is this another of your tall tales?? The couple woulbe in their 70's by now. Wasn't there news many years back, the woman went for to tie back the fallopian tubes, was it done by Prof. Ratnam? and she conceived a child? a boy or girl? have already forgotten, that child would be around 30 plus years old today.

This homicides is still unsolved?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is this another of your tall tales?? The couple woulbe in their 70's by now. Wasn't there news many years back, the woman went for to tie back the fallopian tubes, was it done by Prof. Ratnam? and she conceived a child? a boy or girl? have already forgotten, that child would be around 30 plus years old today.

This homicides is still unsolved?

It was a rented flat at that time. I heard the couple have since bought a flat somewhere else and moved on and have kids agains, that's all I heard. I'm not professor or tall tale teller. Everybody who knows me knows that was and and still is my neighborhood.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It was a rented flat at that time. I heard the couple have since bought a flat somewhere else and moved on and have kids agains, that's all I heard. I'm not professor or tall tale teller. Everybody who knows me knows that was and and still is my neighborhood.

Ok ! trust you! There was a case in the 1970's, where this woman was walking along Queensway Circle ( now gone) was shot dead by a bullet bore, not found in SINgapore at that time, remember, was that case closed? The coupld you mentioned had kids thereafter, I thought they had one!

O$P$!

Alfrescian
Loyal
On the morning of 6 January 1979, four children from the Tan family were violently murdered in their Housing and Development Board flat. The four children, aged between 5 to 10 years old, were found hacked and slashed to death in the bathroom of their one-room flat in Block 58, Geylang Bahru. Their parents, Tan Kuen Chai, 38, and Lee Mei Ying, 30, were out at work when the murders took place. The murders remain unsolved.

http://newspapers.nl.sg/Digitised/Article/straitstimes19790107.2.3.aspx

I think this is by far the most gruesome homicide case ever,till today no one has been apprehended.

I did it! Simi lun jiow message too short.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok ! trust you! There was a case in the 1970's, where this woman was walking along Queensway Circle ( now gone) was shot dead by a bullet bore, not found in SINgapore at that time, remember, was that case closed? The coupld you mentioned had kids thereafter, I thought they had one!

I don't know about the Queensway case. As for kid or kids after the Geylang Bahru case, I'm not sure except at least one. Guess I should have typed kid(s).

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Come on lah. Be pragmatic. Be Singaporean. Justice can 当饭吃 meh? You all damn bo liao. Just like that Dr Chee and his annoying human rights. Bankrupt no money still talk so much. It has happened. Let us move on. :smile:

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal

So you would know my neighbors who ran the illegal 4D from their flat as well? I remember there were a few of those family operations - the marketplace in Geylang Bahru used to be buzzing with the illegal 4D and horse racing punters on the weekends.

I grew up in the same neighborhood and it was quite a wild place back then - the mats ran the ganja and heroin there and they used to score from the dealers in AMK - a couple of the mats who were caught selling heroin got sentenced to death and tried to appeal for clemency.

It seemed that it was quite a hub for drugs and illegal gambling in those days and the 80s - Mandarin theatre was the spot to watch movies for free via the backdoor and pahtoh with chahbos around midnight.

It changed after they tore down those one-bed rental flats - I remember one auntie who used to sell frozen ice from her flat. The corridors were not very well lit and there was always an eerieness to those blocks.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Murder is one of 5 scheduled offences where CLTP can apply. They have done it before. The story is that they could not pinpoint the culprit but it certainly had to do with money. These sort of things would see tremendous pressure applied to solve from the big bosses. If there was a hint, the guy would have been given the full works. The couple obviously kept quiet.

B

Baluku

Anybody knows the car bomb explosion in bedok?

Where the husband and pregnant wife was inside?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hi Bro Hacksaw, can dig up the curry murder case ?; i remember something Like the verdict was Left opened~..
:wink:

Found this posted in http://sgforums.com/forums/3545/topics/422046

"Mr Ayakannu Marithamuthu was murdered on 12 December 1984 at the Orchard Road Presbyterian Church and his body cooked in curry before being disposed of. The case became popularly known as the "Curry Murder".

An unrepentant wife-beater, Ayakannu was a father of three who worked as a live-in caretaker of holiday chalets in Changi. His wife Naragatha worked at the Orchard Road Presbyterian Church.

On the day of the murder, Ayakannu was repeatedly bludgeoned to death. To destroy all traces of evidence, his body was chopped up into pieces. The body parts were then cooked into curry and disposed all over the island.

Investigations revealed that the victim was chopped and then cooked in a large aluminium pot.

Naragatha and her 3 brothers were charged in 1987 with murder. However, as there was insufficient evidence against them, they were acquitted. The brothers were re-arrested on the same day and detained without trial under the Criminal Law Act. They were released in June 1991.

Apart from what investigations revealed, the prosecution was unable to prove that it was indeed the family members who caused Ayakannu's death. The cooking pot in which Ayakannu's body parts were allegedly cooked could not be found, leaving no traces of the cooking or Muthu in the curry...."