• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

政治文抄公- Political Plagiarizing

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The so call "moral standards" aren't that high. Basic Integrity, Honesty and holding truth to the belief of Transparency and Accountability. That is far from being "High" standards.

LTK and Sylvia have announced that WP has expelled YSL (putting a parliamentary seat at risk) because YSL has failed to be transparent and account for the allegation. Isn't that upholding of transparency and accountability? CSM and Pritam have clarified that the bloggers' didn't mind being quoted verbatim by the chunk without their names. In fact, to name them would be a breach of privacy without their voluntary disclosure of identity and permission.

So what the heaven and hell are you jumping up and down for? What's your standard of moral authority? How high is that?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Scroobal,

I also have intense focus on PAP as well. The fact that both PAP and WP are the focus of most commentators and analysts is basically because they are the only ones with elected seats (not NCMP) in parliament.

I have said, at the beginning of Yaw-gate, I have written personally to LTK. Well, they chose the common line "we don't comment on rumours" instead of responding otherwise. I would say, it is rather hopeless for them not to take the issue of Integrity SERIOUSLY.

Even in places like Hong Kong, with the on going Chief Executive elections, INTEGRITY is THE MAIN BATTLING ISSUE of the day.

While we are trying to build a democracy with balance, I do not think we should condone people with integrity problem to make the mockery out of opposition politics.

Goh Meng Seng

I never said that you extorted anyone. Your intense focus on WP is clearly out of proportion to the role that they play in politics. If you are truly interested in going for democracy, more transparency, greater accountability, you would be going for people who limit these attributes. Pritam, Chen and WP do not even come into the equation.

If you want to help WP be better at opposition politics, write to them directly. Lets not wash dirty linen in public. When they have a bigger presence and more influence on public policy, then they become equal targets as mainstream politicians.

Opposition politics, people and parties are relatively new. You smash their wings before they fly is not exactly kosher.

Think what you are doing. You are damaging a fledgling bunch of individual who are fighting against great odds.

Of all the people, you should know that.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have said, at the beginning of Yaw-gate, I have written personally to LTK. Well, they chose the common line "we don't comment on rumours" instead of responding otherwise. I would say, it is rather hopeless for them not to take the issue of Integrity SERIOUSLY.

No comment was because they couldn't comment without due investigation. After investigation, they've taken the issue seriously enough to expel an MP.

Now Cpt. Goh, what else do you expect out of transparency, accountability and integrity? Even in a police case, that's the procedure.

Just to remind you my friend, there're three LLMs in WP Aljunied GRC handling and overseeing the proceeding.

Last edited:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Police will say they cannot comment because investigation is on going... WP said, "we don't comment on rumours", that is VERY DIFFERENT from saying "no comment now because we are investigating".

Goh Meng Seng

No comment was because they couldn't comment without due investigation. After investigation, they've taken the issue seriously enough to expel an MP.

Now Cpt. Goh, what else do you expect out of transparency, accountability and integrity? Even in a police case, that's the procedure.

Just to remind you my friend, there're three LLMs in WP Aljunied GRC handling and overseeing the proceeding.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
BTW, Scroobal, being intense on both PAP or WP doesn't mean I have anything "personal".

Goh Meng Seng

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Police will say they cannot comment because investigation is on going... WP said, "we don't comment on rumours", that is VERY DIFFERENT from saying "no comment now because we are investigating".

Hahaha!!! OK OK. Knowing you, the day you die, your mouth would still be alive.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Well, I don't intend to be like somebody jump out from his grave. :smile:

Some people actually say I set too high standards for WP MPs. But wait, Low Thia Khiang supposedly has HIGHER standards set.

"Mr Low said that the party has moved on from “providing a choice to providing a vision” for Singapore, hence the 2011 slogan of “Towards a First World Parliament”.
He also spoke about the “3 Cs and 2 Ps” of the WP: Credibility, Capability, Character, Passion and Public Service."

3 Cs and 2 Ps.

Capability = fail in coming up with the proper Ministerial pay formula which ended up with similar basic pay as PAP's formula.

Credibility = ended up with plagiarizing articles without proper citation. With YSL running away when the shit hits the fan.

Character = ended up with a womanizer as MP. With MP who have gone through PHD course, knowingly take other people's published work as his own speech in parliament, yet giving excuse that it is not against the law or rules, having permission from author etc.

YSL is gone case, cannot save, that's end of him. But with Pritam still arguing with such lame excuses, not knowing what he has done wrong and what's the importance of integrity in politics, I am afraid WP could hardly move forward anymore.

Goh Meng Seng

Hahaha!!! OK OK. Knowing you, the day you die, your mouth would still be alive.

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Well, I don't intend to be like somebody jump out from his grave. :smile:

Some people actually say I set too high standards for WP MPs. But wait, Low Thia Khiang supposedly has HIGHER standards set.

"Mr Low said that the party has moved on from “providing a choice to providing a vision” for Singapore, hence the 2011 slogan of “Towards a First World Parliament”.
He also spoke about the “3 Cs and 2 Ps” of the WP: Credibility, Capability, Character, Passion and Public Service."

3 Cs and 2 Ps.

Capability = fail in coming up with the proper Ministerial pay formula which ended up with similar basic pay as PAP's formula.

Credibility = ended up with plagiarizing articles without proper citation. With YSL running away when the shit hits the fan.

Character = ended up with a womanizer as MP. With MP who have gone through PHD course, knowingly take other people's published work as his own speech in parliament, yet giving excuse that it is not against the law or rules, having permission from author etc.

YSL is gone case, cannot save, that's end of him. But with Pritam still arguing with such lame excuses, not knowing what he has done wrong and what's the importance of integrity in politics, I am afraid WP could hardly move forward anymore.

Goh Meng Seng

Alamak GMS, i dun really comment on your post.But this post, it seem you really have something against WP.Tell you what, come 2016, show your mettle and try to do better than other Opposition party. Prove your doubters wrong and show Sam that he was right .

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Mistake me not. This is the response to those who keep saying I set too High Standards to WP. I am just saying, WP set even higher standards than I do in GE2011. I only require Integrity and holding truth to Transparency and Accountability. Just a reminder to them that WP has set their own High standards which unfortunately, they couldn't fulfill.

Goh Meng Seng

Alamak GMS, i dun really comment on your post.But this post, it seem you really have something against WP.Tell you what, come 2016, show your mettle and try to do better than other Opposition party. Prove your doubters wrong and show Sam that he was right .

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Mistake me not. This is the response to those who keep saying I set too High Standards to WP. I am just saying, WP set even higher standards than I do in GE2011. I only require Integrity and holding truth to Transparency and Accountability. Just a reminder to them that WP has set their own High standards which unfortunately, they couldn't fulfill.

Goh Meng Seng

I do agree that WP should do better but come one, don't keep throwing stones at them.Let the Aljunied GRC voters decide 5 years later.

jw5

Loyal
I am sorry Scroobal, that's utter rubbish.

Where did I help anybody to extort money? Same rules applied. When Vikram talked nonsense and tried to be funny, he will get the mocking and whacking from me as well. If you don't believe in rule of law, of course you will just be like PAP, be lenient towards their own kinds but harsh on others. i.e. do you want to be just as despicable as them?

Goh Meng Seng

Do you know what is meant by an analogy you doofus?

If you are not interested in public service, go and run a business and stay out of politics.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I guess you just woke up. I am also talking analogically.

Only people who are false, cannot stand truth to be told.

Goh Meng Seng

Do you know what is meant by an analogy you doofus?

If you are not interested in public service, go and run a business and stay out of politics.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS, in short, (1) get a life (2) stop barking up the wrong tree. If you cannot discern a bigger evil from a smaller evil then you should join a monastery. The rest of us that want full-fledged democracy will like to continue in our ways without you having seemed to have lost sight of the bigger issues at beset us. GO take a break and come back in two to four months.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Well, while you are fighting the bigger evil, you are grooming the smaller evil to a bigger one? Then your whole life will be fighting big evils.

Goh Meng Seng

GMS, in short, (1) get a life (2) stop barking up the wrong tree. If you cannot discern a bigger evil from a smaller evil then you should join a monastery. The rest of us that want full-fledged democracy will like to continue in our ways without you having seemed to have lost sight of the bigger issues at beset us. GO take a break and come back in two to four months.

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, while you are fighting the bigger evil, you are grooming the smaller evil to a bigger one? Then your whole life will be fighting big evils.
Goh Meng Seng

Oh dear, oh my? Who is evil? Who are the bigger evil ones? I believe there are no evil ones in our government. Only misguided as best. Do you mean to say that the opposition consists of evil people? Shocking revelation. I must reassess all members of the opposition. Are you still an opposition politician member? Oh dear, dear, dear. As Division 1 people, we believe in integrity. Oh dear, dear.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng

From your answer, it is obvious that you have put the cart in front of the horse. You are irrational in that you fear the unknown more than the known. Trust me, I am twice your age. There are times when you need to take a break and trust me, you need to take a break. Give yourself two to four months. Read on the subjects that you love but stay away from Singapore politics while you are on a break. You will come back fresher and with a eye to see.

The fact that you cannot see the difference between plagiarism and mass thievery that puts a large populace onto economic slavery for the rest of their lives shows how much you have lost sight.

See you in a few months. Enjoy and take care.

Last edited:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Didn't you know that FEAR is derived from the unknown rather the known?

Well, I am supposed to be resting but all these stupid acts from WP MPs just make me quite upset.

Goh Meng Seng

From your answer, it is obvious that you have put the cart in front of the horse. You are irrational in that you fear the unknown more than the known. Trust me, I am twice your age. There are times when you need to take a break and trust me, you need to take a break. Give yourself two to four months. Read on the subjects that you love but stay away from Singapore politics while you are on a break. You will come back fresher and with a eye to see.

The fact that you cannot see the difference between plagiarism and mass thievery that puts a large populace onto economic slavery for the rest of their lives shows how much you have lost sight.

See you in a few months. Enjoy and take care.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Self absorbing son of a bitch. Autolatry at its worst The only saving grace is the self deprecating act of naming his computer business Mad Cow. A foretelling of his future descent into derangement.