• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

政治文抄公- Political Plagiarizing

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
From OMY:

工人党议员陈硕茂拿别人对财政预算案的感想在自己的Facebook上发表,日前被网民揭发,也被媒体报道。

没几天的时间,另一名工人党议员毕丹星也被指,本月1日在国会上发表的一篇演说,内容抄袭4年前网络流传的一篇文章,内容几乎完全相同,再次引发抄袭疑云。

毕丹星的演说主要是建议新加坡应设立一个专门的调查机构(Ombudsman),处理有关公共部门决策与行为不当等投诉。

毕丹星的演说内容被指与2008年网上流传的一篇名为《新加坡是时候设立调查机构》的文章雷同。
张志贤搜集资料时 发现两篇文章雷同

比对两篇文章不难发现,除了开头,其他句子几乎都一样。

副总理兼内政部长张志贤日前在聆听毕丹星的演说后,立刻发现内容似曾相识。

他在回答毕丹星的问题时指出:“我对国家设立专门的调查机构一事,进行过资料搜集。毕丹星先生的演说,与2008年9月23日互联网上一篇名为《新加坡是时候设立调查机构》的相似程度,令我惊叹。两者几乎字字相同。”

毕丹星当时并没有对张志贤的质疑作出回应。

毕丹星:作者同意把内容给我

毕丹星在答复本报询问时表示,他在3月1日发表促请政府设立检查单位的言论内容,出自本地论政网站的一名作者,而他是在得到这名作者的同意之后,才把对方所写的内容,纳入自己的演讲稿。

毕丹星补充说,这么做并不触及我国现有的国会纪律法令。
网民称毕丹星:文抄公二号

网民Singapore Citizen Kane昨天下午5时左右,在个人的Facebook网页上发表了一篇题为《工人党文抄公二号:毕丹星》的文章(“WP Copy Cat 2: Pritam Singh”)。

Singapore Citizen Kane说,他对毕丹星涉嫌抄袭他人的文章感到惊讶和失望。

他说,毕丹星是一名专业律师,应该很清楚,如果要引用别人的文章,应该说明文章的出处,以及作者是谁。

Singapore Citizen Kane也说,选民把反对党议员送进国会,是要代表他们发表心声的,不代表议员可以原封不动地把别人发表过的言论,照搬上国会重新使用。
陈硕茂日前也被抨击

工人党的另一名议员陈硕茂(左图),本月3日在个人Facebook网页上,发表了一篇有关财政预算案的文章,结果被眼尖的网民识破,文章几乎和另一名网友“Donald Low”之前在个人Facebook网页上所发表的,完全一样。

不少网民对此在网上留言表示失望。

陈硕茂在接受《新明日报》访问时表示,他向来习惯和网友分享不同的看法或报道。

至于那则被指抄袭的文章,虽然没有指名道姓说是Donald Low的文章,但他在文里已提到,他读到不少网民的反馈,想要分享其中一篇他所阅读的,他所说的,就是Donald Low的那篇文章。

据说,前公务员Donald Low并不介意这件事。
本地政治观察家怎么看?

赖涯桥副教授:国会议员引用网上找到的旧内容,做为今天在国会辩论里的主要论述,有欠妥当。就算过了4年,内容还适用,也不代表可以在不注明原作者是谁的情况下,完全引述别人的看法。一名有责任感的议员,应该在民间收集民意,做为议员在国会发言的根基,做到真正为选民发声。

林义明:政治家如果要有公信力,就应该发表具有原创性的看法和言论。如果要引用别人的至理名言来达到某种效果,也应该注明这句话或内容源自于谁。澳大利亚交通部长上个月在一个重要的记者会上,用了源自好莱坞电影里的一句台词,但完全没有引述,结果遭记者拆穿,遭民众抨击。

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
WP has to be prepared to be scrutinized thoroughly by PAP, its supporters as well as political observers like me! Pritam didn't respond immediately when DPM Teo CH picha his lobang in parliament! This is very bad PR, just like a child kena caught red handed trying to sneak in sweets into his mouth!

Furthermore, to think that CSM has already been dragged into suspected plagiarizing other people's writing just a few days ago, I don't expect another WP MP to do such thing in parliament! Really Palmface... dunno what to say men!

Plagiarizing articles and works of others without proper credits involves integrity problem. It seems that not only CSM does not show good practice, Pritam has taken a further step to copy wholesale of another blogger's work and put it up as his own speech in parliament without giving proper credits at first. He only admitted that this comes from the blogger "with his permission" after being discovered. He didn't even respond when DPM Teo CH questioned him in parliament that his speech sound so familiar to the article written four years ago.

Pritam argued that it is not against any law to use other people's work in parliament after being queried by reporter! Well, Pritam has to remember that having extra-marital affairs isn't exactly illegal but YSL lost his seat! It is a matter of integrity here. I believe he should understand better the negative impact of such acts especially so when he was a PHD law student before. Proper credits have to be given to other authors when they are being quoted in any thesis. This is basic expectation of good practice to preserve integrity.

If you read his speech, he made minimum amendments to the blog article he copied from. This is a very lazy way. Many people share same political ideas BUT to copy WHOLESALE of another person's article really reflect very badly on him. It shows that he didn't even bother to put in much effort to digest and rewrite such idea in his own words! Even when we write thesis and credit certain points or ideas to other authors, we normally rephrase the idea in our own words without copying wholesale!

Of course, I could agree that what CSM has done is forgivable but not Pritam, who had gone through his PHD study.

Goh Meng Seng

ssrrvv11

Alfrescian
Loyal
gms dog u were once in wp. that means u also 抄 wp's ideas and use it in nsp.

too bad no matter how and what u 抄 u are destined to fail as a politician.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Frankly speaking, it is really very embarrassing to be caught red handed in parliament by your opponents.

Goh Meng Seng

Hawkeye1819

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Goh Meng Seng are you trying to tell me that PAP MPs have never plagarized people's work before?

WP has to be prepared to be scrutinized thoroughly by PAP, its supporters as well as political observers like me! Pritam didn't respond immediately when DPM Teo CH picha his lobang in parliament! This is very bad PR, just like a child kena caught red handed trying to sneak in sweets into his mouth!
Goh Meng Seng

ssrrvv11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly speaking, it is really very embarrassing to be caught red handed in parliament by your opponents.

Goh Meng Seng

frankly speaking it is very embarrasing to call yourself a political analyst or advisor when you have not even won a political election in your life. but u didnt let the embarrassment stop your big mouth hor.:biggrin:

SNAblog

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://groundnotes.wordpress.com/2012/03/07/i-note-that-the/

Pritam Singh and Ombudsman
March 7, 2012

I note that there has been some discussion about Workers’ Party MP Pritam Singh and my post “Time for an Ombudsman” (23 Sept 2008).

For the record Pritam contacted me for permission to use some of my text. I told him to go ahead with my blessings. No acknowledgements were necessary. I am happy he found my thoughts useful. Lets keep our eyes on the bigger picture.

:rolleyes:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Put it simply, it is not uncommon for people to "steal ideas" or share the same political ideas. I have found PAP ministers, MPs, civil servants "copying ideas" from else where also, few ideas from my blog as well.

But I have never seen any of them COPY WHOLESALE, or reproducing almost the WHOLE ARTICLE or any write up by anyone else. At least they would put in some effort to rewrite, rephrase or re-package ideas, even though they also lack the courtesy to credit the source of inspiration or ideas.

I think WP members and supporters should stop making such apologist kind of argument "oh, PAP did the same" to justify their MPs' flaws, unless they really want WP to be exactly like PAP, then please say so earlier.

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng are you trying to tell me that PAP MPs have never plagarized people's work before?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
If this is the case, Pritam should not be SHY to admit that he has reproduce almost wholesale of the blogger's write up with his permission and blessing when DPM Teo has put doubt on his speech in parliament.

Goh Meng Seng

http://groundnotes.wordpress.com/2012/03/07/i-note-that-the/

Pritam Singh and Ombudsman
March 7, 2012

I note that there has been some discussion about Workers’ Party MP Pritam Singh and my post “Time for an Ombudsman” (23 Sept 2008).

For the record Pritam contacted me for permission to use some of my text. I told him to go ahead with my blessings. No acknowledgements were necessary. I am happy he found my thoughts useful. Lets keep our eyes on the bigger picture.

:rolleyes:

ssrrvv11

Alfrescian
Loyal
we can now officially count Goh Meng Seng as one of the PAP dogs. anyone still have any doubts? dont think so.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Well put it simply, I don't really care what you call me. :smile:

But the fact is, I also whack PAP MPs as hard when they made silly mistakes or say silly things. eg. Vikram Nair. :smile:

Goh Meng Seng

we can now officially count Goh Meng Seng as one of the PAP dogs. anyone still have any doubts? dont think so.

ssrrvv11

Alfrescian
Loyal
goh meng seng the pap dog :oIo:

e8vg8y.jpg

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Pritam was a PHD student before. He should know better. What he should have said in parliament, before he quote whole chunk of other people's work, "I am going to share this view written by a blogger 4 years ago which I agree totally with him". That would be more appropriate than trying to shy away from his opponent's query.

Goh Meng Seng

ssrrvv11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well put it simply, I don't really care what you call me. :smile:

But the fact is, I also whack PAP MPs as hard when they made silly mistakes or say silly things. eg. Vikram Nair. :smile:

Goh Meng Seng

alamak gms dog,

dont talk until so big lah. what whack pap/wp very hard. may i ask u got any pap/wp MP chup your whacking or not ? tiu.

talk until like u really some kind of political analyst. whack your head lah. i suggest you save some of the 'whacking' for your favorite prc mei meis. remember your macau-gate. wink wink.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear GMS,

You best sum up in my view the notion, " with friends like these who needs enemies. ". Firstly both CSM and PS cannot be held to academic standards for research papers and citations. CSM had shared Donald Lows thoughts on his Facebook, by nature Facebook is informal chatty and is build around the notion of networking, sharing and discussion. Whether one as an individual cites or not is really an informal matter and if every Facebook comment is cited with the same academic certainty as a research paper, it really defeats the informal chatty coffe shop nature of Facebook.

PS should have replied better to DPM catching him out on that issue or for that matter adopted or adapted it in a different manner,

As it stands parliamentary speeches being short and time limited do not allow the brevity or breathe for full fledged citations of sources. Political speeches and public speeches in citations of quotes or extracts tend to be of well known academics, politicians and or personalities. Political speeches are not an academic exercise in research and citations and are not held to academic ideas of citations and riguer. Use of open source extracts are at best an issue of courtesy and clarification post speech.

Locke

If this is the case, Pritam should not be SHY to admit that he has reproduce almost wholesale of the blogger's write up with his permission and blessing when DPM Teo has put doubt on his speech in parliament.

Goh Meng Seng

PMPunk

Alfrescian
Loyal

laughing.gif

http://www.sammyboy.com/search.php?searchid=1074339

Posts on Vikram: 1

So PAP MP Vikram talks a lot about insinuations and now he is considering suing TOC for insinuating him of not caring of poor. But wait, what kinds of insinuation is he trying to make when he said the following in parliament?

"Maybe even the Nigerian scheme required you to put $10,000 upfront. But Mr Chen's scheme does not even require a short-term provision. It is not even a deficit for one year. No, no, no. It will pay for itself because it is an investment. So I would like him to explain how he expects these schemes to pay for themselves because, if they do, I will wholeheartedly support it."

Mr Chen should have asked him to clarify this in parliament.

SNAblog

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng

So the plagarism charge has been amended to inadequency in replying to DPM Teo? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

God Meng Seng

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS, you either don't come in or you come in to smear. Jiak bah liao issit?

Pritam Singh did wrong thing by copying people article wholesale. This wrong act must be brought out to light. Why is it a smear? You are the one biased, cannot see clearly. Whoever do wrong must be point out, it cannot just be he opposition we cover him.

God Meng Seng

Alfrescian
Loyal
alamak gms dog,

dont talk until so big lah. what whack pap/wp very hard. may i ask u got any pap/wp MP chup your whacking or not ? tiu.

talk until like u really some kind of political analyst. whack your head lah. i suggest you save some of the 'whacking' for your favorite prc mei meis. remember your macau-gate. wink wink.

ssrrvv11 is a very vulgar person. I already know who he is. Fuck you, ssrrvv11, you are a disgrace, I will expose your identity soon. Do you want me to post your sammyboy sex report here to let other see your real nick?