• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

政治文抄公- Political Plagiarizing

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
In a non academic environment, its subjective.

Its like taking out a plastic bag at a buffet. Seeing your contribution over the years, I am 100% sure that you will not lift or use an entire paragraph without citation in any situation. Its breeding and class.

objective or subjective...?

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
In sammyboy, fucking old dog scroobal's subjective opinion is the Gospel truth. Prostrate yourself you worthless sinners.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....this thread proves the following points:

1. It is the messenger that counts....if kukubird says something, it will be disregarded becos he is a kuku......same for gms.
when the sbf prataman says something....insects will be attracted like flies to bull shits and falling over themselevs to butter the prataman.

2. It is easy to preach but difficult to do.....some wise forummers have said that gms should be ignored and not given the oxygen for him to spout his nonsense...
BUT thses same pple are the ones that are exactly doing what they preached not to do.......LOL.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do not know what this micropenis fuck of a topic is all about. Every country in the world has ghostwriters writing for politicians. So since politicians never attribute to ghostwriters, all are plagiarizing. It is also not known if ghostwriters plagiarize. For our stupid IBs, refer to the link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghostwriter
Chao cheebye illiterate IBs trying to act up more than their secondary 2 education level.:oIo:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Getting speech writer to write speech is one thing, copying from published work and try to make it look like yours, is another.

Goh Meng Seng

I do not know what this micropenis fuck of a topic is all about. Every country in the world has ghostwriters writing for politicians. So since politicians never attribute to ghostwriters, all are plagiarizing. It is also not known if ghostwriters plagiarize. For our stupid IBs, refer to the link below.

Chao cheebye illiterate IBs trying to act up more than their secondary 2 education level.:oIo:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Getting speech writer to write speech is one thing, copying from published work and try to make it look like yours, is another.

The blogger has already clarified that permission has been given and no acknowledgement necessary. What's next?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
You should read Sim Kum Hong's statement to Today newspaper. You will need to look at it from the listeners' perspective.

Goh Meng Seng

The blogger has already clarified that permission has been given and no acknowledgement necessary. What's next?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You should read Sim Kum Hong's statement to Today newspaper. You will need to look at it from the listeners' perspective.

Who's SKH to be representative of the people? Ex-NMP who dare not even stand for election. I thought you're against NMP? He's neither representative nor authoritative to me. How come now suddenly ex-NMP view carry more weight to you? I'd give to you that you dared to stand for election but unfortunately lost.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who's SKH to be representative of the people? Ex-NMP who dare not even stand for election. I thought you're against NMP? He's neither representative nor authoritative to me. How come now suddenly ex-NMP view carry more weight to you? I'd give to you that you dared to stand for election but unfortunately lost.
Hey Ram spin a more interesting tale that may actually be a reality in an alternate universe rather than entertain an unstable element that does not fit in any alternate universe, on any time line with all permutations exhausted.:biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey Ram spin a more interesting tale that may actually be a reality in an alternate universe rather than entertain an unstable element that does not fit in any alternate universe, on any time line with all permutations exhausted.:biggrin:

When all permutations are exhuasted, there're always UFO and aliens. :rolleyes:

Actually I still have nostalgia for them, my favorite childhood amusement games being Galaxians and Space Invaders. :biggrin:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

Actually I agree with Siew Kum Hong and I bet you would too. The clarity of attribution should be stronger. Don't be misled to think that just because it mentioned Siew, Siew's stand is the same as it. That would be an insult to Siew and his intelligence. Siew has also not used the word "plargiarism", "copy" or any related word.

The other two possibilities are 1) It for some delusional, myopic (as usual) reason thinks Siew's stand is the same as it when they are not 2) Or Siew's stand is one of its stands, since it often has many stands at one go.

And there's also Derek da Cunha, which of course, was ignored.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your freudian slip reveals your age. Yes, those were the days of Lode Runner, Donkey Kong, Taipan, , Zaxxon, Ping Pong, Pacman, Rescue Raiders, Jump Jet, Castle Wolfenstein, Wavy Navy, Star Wars, Road Wars, Karateka, Bard's tales and etc. I enjoyed the Amusement Parks where you shoot down Jap and German planes shown like a movie with a 0.5 inch machine gun:smile:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will reprise the questions again and if it wants to act high and mighty, it can always get its new "Sad" sidekick to address these questions. Otherwise, don't act with morals, integrity, whatever.

=====

Once and for all, if the once NSP chief now reduced to village idiot chief wannabe wants to talk about morals and integrity, it can jolly well address two questions - failure to answer or address them on the pretext that they come from someone "unworthy" merely shows the evasiveness and lack of these two traits - and I believe most will agree with me. And even if I expect answers, I expect ones that are not patronising or ridiculous. If they are convincing, among others, I will take it.

1) The NSP fielded Steve Chia and Spencer Ng under its watch. I don't need to elaborate but the two links are below. Spencer left the profession thereby preventing MOE from sacking him.
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singa...054528624.html
http://www.singapore-window.org/sw03/031228st.htm

2) The FVI gave impression that MK was a disinformation campaign in cooperation with WP and later said that it was bully tactics by WP. Ng E-Jay is on friendly terms with it and assisted writing articles for NSP. Why the inconsistency. Was one a lie? Again, the two links are below.
http://www.sgpolitics.net/?p=6824
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.p...st-in-Tampines

I could have come up with more, but this will suffice. I don't want argument on too many fronts. Let us remember that poor standards are bad, but double standards are worse. This mean poor standards while expecting higher standards from others. I will have people doing screenshots from the replies and quotes if they turn out to stink.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your freudian slip reveals your age. Yes, those were the days of Lode Runner, Donkey Kong, Taipan, , Zaxxon, Ping Pong, Pacman, Rescue Raiders, Jump Jet, Castle Wolfenstein, Wavy Navy, Star Wars, Road Wars, Karateka, Bard's tales and etc. I enjoyed the Amusement Parks where you shoot down Jap and German planes shown like a movie with a 0.5 inch machine gun:smile:

Nothing to hide or slip. I've never been hiding anything. Everybody who's somebody here knows who I am and my age. I love Airfix Supermarine Spitfire, Hawker Hurricane Messerschmitt BF109 model-making of WW2 Battle of Britain and Hasegawa Mitsubishi Zero from the Pacific war theatre between Japan and US.

Last edited:

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nothing to hide. I've never been hiding anything. Everybody who's somebody here knows who I am and my age. I love Airfix Supermarine Spitfire, Hawker Hurricane Messerschmitt BF109 model-making of WW2 Battle of Britain and Hasegawa Mitsubishi Zero from the Pacific war theatre between Japan and US.
Wah Lao, cheebye, say I BF nobody lar....CCB. Yes, then there is the Tamiya German Tiger tanks, board games like fortress europa, Hitler's war..........:smile:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah Lao, cheebye, say I BF nobody lar....CCB. Yes, then there is the Tamiya German Tiger tanks, board games like fortress europa, Hitler's war..........:smile:

Tamiya was very good with tank models. OK, you're somebody. Don't use vulgar language, OK. :wink:

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is serious digression but my all time Airfix weird buy was the Luftwaffe's Blohm & Voss BV-141 reconnaissance plane.
http://www.ww2incolor.com/d/228054-1/3100784945_383bc3a6e8

You too modest. No digression at all but a good mental interlude to defrag and reorganize memory mapping to fight aging. Not that initial topic is not worth discussing just it was wrong in its purpose from the start. Like some great CJ, I can see it's intention from the beginning without words being spoken. lol. What is more weird is the Avro Canada CF-105 Arrow which was something that started out good like many Canadian stuff but ended up in the dustbin, much like how BB will look in the next 5 years.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal

The "ghostwriters writing for politicians" that you raise is irrelevant and a non-issue.

Work authored or created by Person A in the course of his/her employment by Person B belongs to B and not to A. Ghostwriters are not owners of the work they create for politicians or anyone for that matter. This is because they have been employed to produce that work. Hence the issue of plagiarism does not arise. This is clearly stated under Section 12.01.5 of Singapore's Intellectual Property Law.

Copyright infringement or plagiarism is also not the issue in this case as the authors have given permission for CSM and PS to do their works.

Having said that, CSM and PS should, as a simple matter of ethics, acknowledge that the work they reproduced was not theirs instead of creating the impression that it was. They should say the work is being reproduced by them with permission by authors who wish to remain private.

Those who got a big fat zero for plagiarism in the late 70s/early 80s may know who I am. I made pains to emphasise on issues of copyright, licences, permissions and plagiarism to my undergrads and when I was supervising the doctoral theses of postgrad students. It always surprised me then that people pursuing doctoral theses were ignorant of such basics and had to taught and reminded about basic integrity in their works. It also shocked me that some fully knew what they were doing was wrong but yet carried on to shamelessly pilfer the work of others because they thought they could get away with it.