• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Changi Village @@

kiss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just came back from Changi Village. Makan the famous nasi lemak but taste so so leh @ $3.50.

Not going back any time soon... :rolleyes:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just came back from Changi Village. Makan the famous nasi lemak but taste so so leh @ $3.50.

nasi lemak is best when served fresh, with ikan bilis sambal still crunchy and crispy. when it sits in the counter for too long, it starts getting stale and may turn rancid. bestest of the best when cook just returned from lavatory to prepare the packet. extra flavor and microorganisms added.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

You got it all wrong, it is the satisfaction that matters - the satisfaction of waiting in the long queue and finally getting your plate of so-so nasi lemak :biggrin:

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah. That Nasi Lemak is overrated. I prefer the one at Chong Pang.

The one at chong pang (sembawang road) is good with lots of dishes. Havent been there for quite some time cause I moved out of Yishun years ago. But I remembered the queue was up to the driveway.

But i do agree that nasi lemak is overated and overprice for a handful of rice, abit of sambal, a few pieces of bilis and a cut of omelet. This is pure peasants food.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Changi v is a wasteland and the pubs there is shitty. An ex boss of mine set up a mexican restaurant a few years ago and when i visited him on the weekends, the place was empty. Only two tables. So I guess changi V itself is overrated.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anything with grease is a winner. That's just how humans respond to high calorie foods. :smile:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I haven't eaten nasi lemak for many years. No appetite for that. Normal white plain rice is better. Thai white plain is good and Japanese white plain is best.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I haven't eaten nasi lemak for many years. No appetite for that. Normal white plain rice is better. Thai white plain is good and Japanese white plain is best.

You mean the california rice..looks like many of us only know how to eat rice, but doesn't know the types of rice we are eating! :rolleyes:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You mean the california rice..looks like many of us only know how to eat rice, but doesn't know the types of rice we are eating! :rolleyes:

california long grain is not as fragrant as thai jasmine. thai jasmine is the top rice choice among ethnic chinese, viets, thais, burmese, etc. in the bay area. japanese short grain is popular among taiwanese, koreans and japs of course. basmati is the favorite among indians and pakis. rice pilaf which uses california long grain is favorite among iranians, armenians and arabs.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I love the Adam Road nasi lemak. They use basmati rice and the sambal is wonderful.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I recently went to have the nasi lemak there as well, cant believe it's @ $3.50 now. Used to be $2.00 in the early 2003s...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
california long grain is not as fragrant as thai jasmine. thai jasmine is the top rice choice among ethnic chinese, viets, thais, burmese, etc. in the bay area. japanese short grain is popular among taiwanese, koreans and japs of course. basmati is the favorite among indians and pakis. rice pilaf which uses california long grain is favorite among iranians, armenians and arabs.

I salute you!, at least, you know your rice, most SINgaporeans, just put it into their mouth & eat, for them, rice is rice; just like the political party they vote for.

Last edited: