• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Yap Keng Ho - Please provide your background

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder what people think about your 'protest' participation in HK?:rolleyes:

And for the matter of fact, I did not vow to take part in something that I already know I cannot handle. Please note, its not about FEAR but about the subsequent consequences that I cannot handle....arrests, charges, drag on and on... eventually, take up all your time, energy and productive effort to fight a losing war. And for the fact that I am not the one who is so naive to believe that there will be no arrests, no charges for such actions, I made my choice according to the WHOLE scenerio, not just pure big talk of Wayang Bravery! To put it simply, you are just plain naive. Period.

Goh Meng Seng

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you so certain of Yap Keng Ho's entire agenda?

The fact is, most of the 90% of the time, I disagree with Uncle Yap on many issues and things he is doing. But I still respect him in carrying out exactly what he believes in it.

Unlike some activists who are just too quick to bounce on this opportunity to shoot Uncle Yap even though they are supposed to be on the same boat, I respect people who are just simply truthful to themselves, even though we may have very different views.

Goh Meng Seng

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yap Keng Ho,

What true real successful and effective RESULTS have you ever achieved with all your dubious antics?

JUST PAY THE NECESSARY PRICES, that is my attitude.

Just ensure that you secured the results which these prices are meant to fetch, that's all you need to care for.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you include Dr Chee, Ghandi Ambalan and Chee Siok Chin in this group?

Up till now, we still have many of these "wayang bravery" in display, putting up a false front and gimmicks of courage and bravery to attract attention. And in actual fact, there is an agenda in all these wayang bravery: to get fundings, be it local or foreign, for them to play around with. Yes, there are a lot of FOREIGN NGOs who are willing to fund any "wayang bravery" if they are able to put up a good show of confrontation. No doubt about that. But yet, these people are not ready to go all out, like what Uncle Yap is doing.

Goh Meng Seng

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is your basis?

Uncle Yap, with all honesty, has nothing of these sorts, really. This is because he could be viewed as a sincere activist as he is truthful to himself and his course of actions. He may have made mistakes here and there, but I do not doubt his sincerity in carrying out his actions. Goh Meng Seng

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Assuming he is ONLY a "fearless loose cannon":wink:

Dear Scroobal

Sometimes a fearless loose cannon is useful, especially if he can be disavowed. Same utility principle as the fearless clones attacking opposition figures and activists student journalists on line. Plausible deniability. I have to admit that he over reaches at times, probably does not do his admin well, gets his facts wrong, but he is sincere, even if he is sincerely wrong. He just needs help from others in being more sincerely right

Locke

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wish we could get back to the critical issues raised by you relating to one Yap Keng Ho in this thread and NOT get waylaid by others with their own agendas:rolleyes:

Gentlemen
It was a straight forward request to Yap to clarify his background and to take note of the issues that are very inappropriate. He has chosen not to tell about himself and does not seem to think that he has erred. We can reach our conclusions. Lets leave it at that.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since Yap Keng Ho is an undischarged bankrupt (I once again stand corrected), how is he financing himself and his dubious antics? And even if he isn't I would still like to know how he is doing the same.

Yap has been shown to be a fake, a charlatan and that is why he has been booted out by SDP and RP. But he still gatecrashes uninvited.

The Lee regime has gone after Robert Ho and Gopalan Nair but not against this YAP. WHY??

Has Yap done anything on his own?? None at all. What happened to his solo hunger strike in front of Istana?? If his cause is really sincere and for the people, Yap would have by now built up a following. But he can't because he doesn't appear to have any purpose in what he is doing.

Yap doesn't join the walkabouts and sale of newsletters by WP and NSP. But puts himself forward uninvited at functions organized by SDP and RP.

Yap's role seems to be identifying and exposing to the Lee regime the real activists who are genuine about their causes.

It's time an agent provocateur like YAP is exposed and weeded out.

NgEjay

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
With all due respect to Uncle Yap, he walk his talk..and that itself is truly admirable as compare to many others who only knew how to take cheap pot shots at others while giving credibility to him..

Dear sis LaMei,

I am no fan of Uncle Yap's methods, and in this thread I have criticized him.

But at the end of the day, he still has my respect because at the very minimum, he knows where to draw the line between friend and foe.

With other people, even that line is not so clear sometimes.

E-Jay

NgEjay

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
At the end of the day, it does not matter if you got it right or wrong, screwed people's lives, or scuttled the cause as long as you are "sincere"

Dear Scroobal,

You dissect the issue better than any biologist or life science major I know, and trust me I know many.

E-Jay

one2unite

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is Yap Keng Ho avoiding simple questions such as:

What happened to his solo hunger protest in front of the Istana??

Why are JBJ and CSJ distancing themselves from Yap??

Why is he not making his presence felt at WP and NSP walkabouts and sales of their newsletters??

Why must he gatecrash into events organised by the 'vociferous' opposition and genuine activists who are standing up against the Lee regime??

Has Yap ever organized any event on his own??

It is time fakes and charlatans like Yap are exposed.

one2unite

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yap Keng Ho is a coward. He doesn't do anything on his own. Ask him what happened to his 'hunger protest' in front of the Istana!!??

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Porifirio

The man has gone to JAIL on a few occasions along with Dr Chee and others. He may not have been sued as he might have been a bankrupt , but then again he has gone to JAIL. That must count for a lot

Locke

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Oneunite

Errr U Yap a fake and a charlatan ? Wait u call a man who has been jailed for protesting against the PAP a fake and a charlatan ? In that case you might as well call Dr Chee or for that matter Ghandi and CSC a fake and a charlatan as well. Wait so Gopalan is being persecuted for speaking but how abt U Yap being jailed for protesting ? Ok one counts and another does not. You guys make me puke. He is a "coward" so going and being jailed makes one a coward. If getting jailed makes one a coward, how about crying and changing t shirts ?

What happened ? Accusing him of "stealing the limelight" did not work ? Are u trying to "anwar" him by throwing all sorts of accusations until one sticks ?

Locke

Last edited:

one2unite

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Yap Keng Ho is for real, why are JBJ, CSJ and other activists distancing themselves from this guy??

Has Yap ever organized any protest or demonstration on his own?? He's always gatecrashing into events organized by others.

Why is Yap not seen at WP and NSP activities??

What happened to Yap's solo 'hunger protest' in front of the Istana??

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear One

Well he has gone to jail with Dr Chee more than once I must say. He has helped JBJ as much as he could and how do u know activists are distancing themselves from him ? He helps as much as he can. If Ejay CTL or La Mei are not SDP members one could also accuse them of gate crashing SDP events could you not ? Ok question if U Yap is a gate crasher then errr what does that make the individuals stated above if they are also not SDP members as far as I know.

WP and NSP and SPP might be to tame for Uncle Yap. He is the heck care and go to jail type and not the care and cry or change t shirt type. His hunger protest failed, so what ? He tried and it failed just as Dr Chee tried and failed.

Locke

one2unite

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Porifirio

The man has gone to JAIL on a few occasions along with Dr Chee and others. He may not have been sued as he might have been a bankrupt , but then again he has gone to JAIL. That must count for a lot

Locke

CSJ is a bankrupt but still being sued by Lee Kuan Yew and Lee Hsien Loong.

Known critics like Robert Ho and Gopalan Nair have been taken to task for their blog posts but not this Yap Keng Ho who is constantly attacking LKY as old dog thief.

Yap goes to jail not alone but comes out praising prison authorities while all the others condemn the treatment!!