• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Yap Keng Ho - Please provide your background

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Dear Scroobal,

I agree with Locke. Having known Uncle Yap for quite some time now, I think for anyone who is prepared to go to jail or even die for his political beliefs, he could possibly well trust Uncle Yap to back him up instead of walking out on him. Well, he is not someone that will claim trial to any criminal charges thrown against him but in the end, change his mind to plead guilty later.

He is more dead serious about his main, sole objectives than many other "wayang bravery"...those who are half hearted in what they are doing, only doing it for the fame or media exposures. Those who think they could get away from arrests, fines, long dragging lawsuits and even jail terms by going civil disobedience are really not cut for these types of serious business.

I even know of people who think they could jolly well get away with arrests or police attention/harrassment by going to parliament house to protest! And they could even think that by giving some silly excuses, they could get off the hook so easily! I would say that Uncle Yap is far better than these amateurs of cowardice in terms of civil activism!

Uncle Yap has so far, not made any complains about being tied down, petty harrassment like policemen shouting or talking loudly...etc..etc. He has been just plainly "MOCKING" at every silly mistakes that the administration has made. His aim is taken, target is clear. He will not whine like a spoil brat about every tiny petty things but will just make mockery out of every mistakes that his opponents made.

Well, in short, he is simply single minded in what he does, with full knowledge of all consequences and courage to face all of that.

Goh Meng Seng

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

I believe for those of us who have dined or had coffee with him, we do know something about his background. Doing Anti PAP things together tends to create friendships which go beyond politics and people tend to know people who are in the same political bed with them.
Locke

Dear Scroobal,

I agree with Locke. Having known Uncle Yap for quite some time now, I think for anyone who is prepared to go to jail or even die for his political beliefs, he could possibly well trust Uncle Yap to back him up instead of walking out on him. Well, he is not someone that will claim trial to any criminal charges thrown against him but in the end, change his mind to plead guilty later.

My mistake, i thought making wild allegations about a temple is a bad thing. I forgot that it is a PAP temple. I also did not realise that releasing documents related to a certain family custody battle without permission from all parties is quite a normal thing in this society.

I did not realise that he was been pushed out by a party that he was long associated with. So its alright, he is our gang now.

Looks like I was also wrong that he asked for those attending the RP dinner to contact him and that RP Dinner did not have anyone else assigned for it.

Also I forgot that if you are a public figure and that you are seeking public support then you have every right to not to tell anything to anyone. I should have consulted both of you for character reference before throwing out the post.

Lastly I must have missed out on the those policy issues, govt abuses and excesses that he has identified.

Jesus, I must be on a different planet.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

He has been a loose cannon and an idiot at times when it comes to responsible accusations, his admin work for the RP dinner lamentable. That said and done he has helped a fair bit behind the scene for many a previous SDP event, basically a gopher, a general duties do it all sort of guy. How competently or incompetently he helps I cannot judge but he does try.

His latest remarks and accusations have been over the board and excessive, but that said, as an activists how much he choses to tell about himself should be left to his discretion. I would say cut him some slack as he is a public figure in some sense but in no way a Chia Ti Lik or a Dr Chee or a CSC.

Locke

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

He has been a loose cannon and an idiot at times when it comes to responsible accusations, his admin work for the RP dinner lamentable. That said and done he has helped a fair bit behind the scene for many a previous SDP event, basically a gopher, a general duties do it all sort of guy. How competently or incompetently he helps I cannot judge but he does try.

His latest remarks and accusations have been over the board and excessive, but that said, as an activists how much he choses to tell about himself should be left to his discretion. I would say cut him some slack as he is a public figure in some sense but in no way a Chia Ti Lik or a Dr Chee or a CSC.
Locke
Bro, the point that I am making is that we should be responsible enough to point out the excesses. No one from open opposition camp have done so, giving the impression that such actions are condoned. A comment or two would have been helpful. Did not see a single one.

If we don't do it, everyone from the opposition camp get brushed with the same irresponsible and loose cannon stroke.

Believe me, I was utterly shocked when he released those documents. Yet no one said anything from the open opposition camp. Yet now we receive 2 posts in general support from the open opposition camp.

Its would have helpful for the cause if the good and the bad are highlighted and the chap told of it.

He will probably take on GMS and your comment as endorsement and carry on with his merry ways. Unfortunately like it or not, both of you are considered sane and responsible based on track record. There lies the irony.

NgEjay

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Until very recently, I too thought it was a sincere desire. Then irresponsible allegations about the oldest hindu temple for embezzling charity funds. This has not been withdrawn. Then the video on Ravi praying with his altar in the office, bareback. My Hindu friends are truly upset.

I am in agreement with you here.

Yap has a stout heart and has correctly identified what is wrong with our government.

However, in politics and in activism one must be very mindful of one's methods.

Intellectual honesty also plays a very BIG role. It has the ability to make or break entire campaigns and causes.

The underlying argument is that the ends may not always justify the means. How you approach your cause is just as important as the cause itself.

Yap's approach to activism has sabotaged the efforts of his fellow comrades. He should realize in this age, no man is an island.

What he needs to do is to act responsibly and carve out a niche or a position for himself .... ... Lets not forget he posted documents related to a custody without seeking the permission of the other party. How would you feel if you this happenned to you. Lets not encourage this kind of behaviour.

Yes, absolutely correct.

NgEjay

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Uncle Yap has so far, not made any complains about being tied down, petty harrassment like policemen shouting or talking loudly...etc..etc. He has been just plainly "MOCKING" at every silly mistakes that the administration has made. His aim is taken, target is clear. He will not whine like a spoil brat about every tiny petty things but will just make mockery out of every mistakes that his opponents made.

Dear Goh Meng Seng,

From the entire post you made, I am very sure you are in for a huge surprise when the truth unfolds before you in the days and weeks ahead. :biggrin:

Like Mr Yap Keng Ho, you have skewed everything to your very narrow and biased field of focus just to bolster your own version of the truth. My only response to you is that the truth is out there, and my guess is that before the year 2008 is up, there are a lot of surprises in store for you. :wink:

Let me assure you all 18 activists charged are not afraid to pay the price for civil disobedience. I might have felt fear in the past, but now I do not as I have learnt that fear need not be a bad thing. Unlike you however, I have made it my personal responsibility to overcome fear and learn to regard each event as a learning experience. I make mistakes, and I will readily admit it. I have never shied from admitting that I am far from a perfect person. :rolleyes:

We had a message to make. We made it. We did not turn up at 3pm one hour after the event. We did not tell people to delete posts in SBF. Neither did we throw stones at other activists who dared to walk the talk. And most of all we did not throw stones at fellow opposition supporters simply because our ideologies differed. :smile:

We did not curse lawyers who came forward to assist us simply because they had to prioritize their workload and some activists decided to take up the case themselves in order to spare the lawyers further burden. We do not make everything into a negative, as we have a very positive frame of mind, unlike you and your ilk. :p

When we made an appeal for pro bono representation, no lawyer and no activist cursed us for it. Only opposition supporters in Sammyboy took us to task for it. :biggrin:

There are many people who disagree with us, who prefer us to keep quiet. There are also those who think the PAP is doing a good job, and we should not be so biased and prejudiced. We respect those views. As politicians, we always bow to the will of the electorate. But that does not mean we refrain from doing what we believe is right. Politics is not just building consensus -- it is creating consensus. :o

Uncle Yap is very focussed against the PAP, and for that we respect him. But as I posted to Scroobal, methods are important. Use the wrong method, or practice intellectual dishonesty, and you end up destroying the very cause that you are trying to promote.

I do not doubt Uncle Yap is a loyal man and would not stab you from behind. For that, I also applaud him. However, if you feel you have been stabbed from behind, name that person, explain how you feel you have been wronged, challenge that person to clear the air, and most of all, don't hide behind a confusing barrage of meaningless semantics and insinuations.

Don't take us for fools with your avalanche of insinuations with attempt to suggest everything but ultimately mean absolutely nothing. State your claim, and let us debate it openly. To paraphrase PM Lee in his 2007 National Day Rally, you say bak chor me, I will say mee siam mai hum, then we compete.

E-Jay

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, Scroobal 2113Hr I just got home sleepy.

What background some more you want? From beginning days of Sam Leong's forum I already been here for donkey years, members here know me better than I can write my CV lah.:wink:

The Sri Marianman Temple fund's matter I mentioned it as a fact that Ravi is challenging their transparency all these years and had file legal actions against the temple's management many times, recently including huge funds involved. I am not a member of Hindu Temple, won't go and stir their business.

But Ravi is a very devoted member of Hindu community, he visits that temple daily sometimes. He is a fire walking ceremony participant yearly. He had been put away by famiLEE LEEgime when he is digging up many scandals including temple's. I let he prove his own case when he can.

The hearing in which he represented himself after judge allowed him to discharge Chia Ti Lik, is obviously unfair. Since the prosecutor deem Ravi as unsound mind and judge found it so, then how can the both of them let a person of unsound mind defend himself alone in court without a counsel?

Judge should set adjournment and order Ravi to come back with a new counsel before proceeding to further hear that case. The famiLEE LEEgime was surely and obviously in a great hurry to put Ravi into IMH. They had made no efforts to hide this!

:mad:

I can not write a CV at this time lah. Any way what CV? I have no membership with any party, helped WP & NSP in some previous elections long ago (JBJ was Sec Gen time, Jufrie's Eunos GRC & TangLiangHong's ChengSan time) helped SDP in GE2006. Had been a cyber activist before even there was internet in Singapore - faxed anti-LEEgime articles everywhere randomly. :biggrin: That was in the 80s' when I had my seed R&D development in Science Park.

I took part in protests until it became so routine and boring already, and now LEEgime also got bored of investigating me and charging me. I pity them. :wink:

I have many blogs, including manifesto & news & Chinese.

The next series of manifesto I will release is on national security and military reform. (NS Reform is part of it) I am still choosing the time to do it. :rolleyes:

I withhold many manifesto / policy / idea as a strategy that only ideas that famiLEE LEEgime won't be able to use will be published. Actually creative idea must be hidden away from LEEgime, until they are history.

A

Alu862

You are also an arrogant man who thinks you have the right to insult people's names.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi EJ,

About your pic with DSP Deep Singh, I couldn't avoid taking you into the frames because Singh walked around you, and you just sat there won't go away. :biggrin:

He was my target not you.

Your expression watching the matas so Shiok like that, very relaxed leh.

Steady and cool :cool: lah!

Did you received letter of investigation or not? Tell mata fly kite if they sent you. You say evidence online showed that you were just sitting inside Kopi-Tiam what illegal assembly? As them to fly kite!

I was upstairs taking video & photos, & the LEEgime mata too bored as their boss WKS said he has insufficient man power, still want investigate me for illegal assembly! TBT people were downstairs, I was upstairs. How can I be part of illegal assembly? :confused:

So sotong! No wonder can not find Mas Selamat!

:biggrin:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Depending on who is the person lah. I told you that I treat bad guys and good guys very differently. Understand? Arrogance is deliberately given to bad guys. OK?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, Scroobal 2113Hr I just got home sleepy.

What background some more you want? From beginning days of Sam Leong's forum I already been here for donkey years, members here know me better than I can write my CV lah.:wink:.

Please lah, I have been in the forum from the very start. And I have no clue. If you do not want to reveal, no one can force you to. After all transparency is something that PAP prides itself with.

I withhold many manifesto / policy / idea as a strategy that only ideas that famiLEE LEEgime won't be able to use will be published. Actually creative idea must be hidden away from LEEgime, until they are history.

Please continue to withhold. In the meantime, happily release other people's personal matters with or without their permission.

A

Alu862

Depending on who is the person lah. I told you that I treat bad guys and good guys very differently. Understand? Arrogance is deliberately given to bad guys. OK?

You have no respect. Therefore, why should people respect you? You and Gopalan are the same kind. Do you believe(as he does) ALL PRCs are spies?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Sri Marianman Temple fund's matter I mentioned it as a fact that Ravi is challenging their transparency all these years and had file legal actions against the temple's management many times, recently including huge funds involved. I am not a member of Hindu Temple, won't go and stir their business.
Why don't you make a police report via internet. You are the first person to make such an allegation. Lets see some attempts for closure by getting the proper authorities to investigate. You have made numerous police reports before on mundane things when something as serious as this you give excuses reminescent of the PAP on the NKF matter. Or like the PAP, selective interpretation of the rule by law is your thing.

Or is the Hindu votes cheap and their feelings just too good to trample on. Be a gentlemen and do the right thing.

By the way, it does not matter if Ravi prays 5 or 10 times a day at the temple. Please don't think we are all silly.

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro.... as long as racial issues are kept out of the political firefights.... yap retains the right to fight for his beliefs in his own ways.... and he is a sgporean, served NS and reservist, pay his taxes.... so he has that right to do things his way....

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Dear Ejay,

Well, if you have told me right from start that you are expecting to be arrested, charged and even losing your phd scholarship, then I wouldn't even have bothered about telling you how to get your arse out of trouble! :wink::biggrin:

This is what I call putting up a "False front". Talking about intellectual integrity, I think that's very bad for you. I have never bothered about telling Uncle Yap what to do to avoid trouble basically because I know precisely that he is OUT THERE TO GET TROUBLE! But for you? Well, it would be really good if it is just like what you have said, you have learned to "overcome your fear" which I think its really far from it. Sorry to say this, you don't even hold a candle to Uncle Yap's persistency and consistency. Your constant flip flop will always follow you like a tail.

And for the matter of fact, I did not vow to take part in something that I already know I cannot handle. Please note, its not about FEAR but about the subsequent consequences that I cannot handle....arrests, charges, drag on and on... eventually, take up all your time, energy and productive effort to fight a losing war. And for the fact that I am not the one who is so naive to believe that there will be no arrests, no charges for such actions, I made my choice according to the WHOLE scenerio, not just pure big talk of Wayang Bravery! To put it simply, you are just plain naive. Period.

Its a "False front" that you and your ilk is trying to put up. So much fun in calling others "Wayang Party" but in actual fact, the biggest "Wayang Bravery" just come from you and your ilks. Why I say its "Wayang"? You are just simply doing something that does not match what your heart is thinking about. On the front you are just saying "Nothing to fear about to go for protest", but right from your heart, you are afraid of getting arrested, charged and ultimately losing your scholarship! This is my plain assessment of your "acting big" mentality.

Talking about this, while you complain about others CRITICISING you and your ilk, but yet, in the past, you have always maintained that you and your ilk should have your "right" of CRITISING others! This is yet another well display of DOUBLE STANDARDS by you and your ilks! :p

I really find it very disgusting when people try to talk big on the front, but when it comes to REAL ACTION, they will just whine and whine and whine when they could not cope with whatever is installed. Don't you just get sick of it sometimes? You can mock about others not taking your path but the truth is, these people have already foreseen the KARMA installed in such actions and they refuse to take on that path basically because they know they will not be able to cope with whatever is installed in it!

Having said that, this is precisely why I respect Uncle Yap although we differ in many things and beliefs. I have never hear him whine about stupid little petty things from all his years in activism. The same cannot be said about you and your ilk. You basically talk big with your eyes and hears closed; walk into the fire naked and then start to complain about the kitchen is too hot! Get this straight, there is no mystery about what you will get in return when you step onto this path. Its not even about FEAR anymore. Its about mental, physical and financially straining situation. Do you really think you could claim that you are more FEARLESS than any other people here? LOL! :biggrin: That's pure utter delusion. One thing for sure, you are definitely lacking of any foresight to start with.

I guess you yourself should know deep down in you, how "courageous" or "brave" you are as a human being. Your so call "bravery" seems to stop at your mouth, that's all. Most of the time, its about ego, face value and peer pressure that are making you putting up the false front. However, it seems that you don't realize that you are just being pushed towards a situation that is too big for your little gut, ability and brain to handle. Good luck to you! :wink:

Well, I hope I have been harsh enough here to drill it down into your neck: Please don't try to wear a big hat when your head is not big enough. It will simply look very ugly for you.

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Bro Scroobal,

Not that I agree with Uncle Yap on what he has done or is doing, but I am just speaking on the matter of fact that he has more consistency than many frickle minded "self-glorified activists" here.

The fact is, most of the 90% of the time, I disagree with Uncle Yap on many issues and things he is doing. But I still respect him in carrying out exactly what he believes in it.

Unlike some activists who are just too quick to bounce on this opportunity to shoot Uncle Yap even though they are supposed to be on the same boat, I respect people who are just simply truthful to themselves, even though we may have very different views.

And you should take good notice on why some self proclaimed BRAVE ACTIVISTS would want to keep throwing daggers at Uncle Yap. Why? And how many of these Activists could actually stick to their TOUGH talk all the way like Uncle Yap did? :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

NgEjay

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dear Ejay, Well, if you have told me right from start that you are expecting to be arrested, charged and even losing your phd scholarship, then I wouldn't even have bothered about telling you how to get your arse out of trouble! :wink::biggrin:

Dear Goh Meng Seng,

Please kindly tell me when have I acted big and put on tall hats for myself in this forum. I have never tried to say my way or my colleagues' way are superior. I suggest you re-read my post. I have taken great pains to say that I am respectful of differing views.

But when rumours are started against me, sometimes I have to debunk them. Is that considered putting on tall hat?

You yourself have put up a blog post complaining you are impersonated on facebook and sammyboy forum. Aren't you also defending yourself when maligned?

I never said to you I am a know-it-all who understands and can anticipate everything.

I made a lot of miscalculations. I made a lot of mistakes. Even during our private conversations, I confessed the same to you.

So why are you now saying I put up a false front?

If you read my first blog post on TBT protest, I was very candid about what happened. Where is the false front you say I am putting up?

I was also very candid to you about changing T-shirt, and wanting to avoid getting charged. So again, Madcow Goh, where is my false front that you say I have?

But now that I have been charged, I cannot possibly dwell on my past fears any longer. Since things have reached this stage, I have to now overcome the fear and learn to make as positive a thing out of this as possible. Again, Madcow Goh, am I wearing a tall hat by doing this?

When circumstances change, I also have to change and react accordingly. But never have I ever betrayed or turned against my core beliefs that Singapore needs democratic change and Singaporeans need to be returned their basic rights. Have you ever seen me, in public or private, going against these core values?

If you call me a coward, I can accept that. If you call me a turncoat, I can also accept it. But please don't drag in other people with a hundred vague insinuations. I will defend my compatriots and you know it.

I can accept you being harsh to me. Both you and Scroobal have earned my respect even though there are many, many things I disagree with both of you. However, those who accuse people of nonsensical things and use vulgar language against lady folks behind their backs will not earn my respect. You should know where I draw the line.

E-Jay

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Ejay,

I am basically MUSING about people wanting to impersonate me! LOL! :biggrin: There is basically nothing to "defend" nor complain about!

I can see that now you are just basically twisting it here. :wink: I did not say anything about "better path" but basically "false front", and "wayang bravery". I guess whether on this forum or in private, its pretty obvious that you have demonstrated much taunting about being "brave" and "courageous" in going to protests when in fact, you are not even mentally prepared for the aftermath!

Of course, its easy to speak on hindsight and claim all you want but the very truth is, you and your ilks, neither have the foresight, intelligence nor guts to handle all the plausible scenerios. I was basically lost of words when I know how you and your ilks actually execute your "ego trip of bravery"!

One very simple word, could you and your ilks really afford to take this path? No is the answer. Its not even a question of Courage and Bravery against FEAR, but a question of AFFORDABILITY! So please lah, Ejay, its you, not me, that have a very skewed perspective.

As far as Uncle Yap is concerned, he understands fully what is installed in this whole exercise, what price to pay and he knows he could possibly AFFORD to play the game. Unlike you and your ilks, he UNDERSTANDS what he is getting into and never whines about it.

And you have just confirmed, you are basically a lost sheep that has been led to the slaughter house without any idea about what it is all about. And yes, its not fun nor funny anymore. But it seems strange that after experiencing all these by yourself, why are you telling me to "conquer my fear"? LOL! This is not FEAR to conquer but basically an act of idiocy when you don't even know what you are getting yourself into and paying price that you could ill afford of.

You don't really need to physically go and die before you could understand death, do you? Well, maybe you really do. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng