• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WP Chauvinists: Malays = Barbarians; Malays = Uncivilised

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Correct! Tat was wat I mentioned in my earlier post. How ur children behave is a reflection of the parents.

Anyway with most of the Chinese now speaking Mandarin, hope next time will hear Chinese using "Malai-Lern" on Malays.

:biggrin::rolleyes: Hopes most chinese ppl stop using dialect and use mandarin instead cos they don't call malays huan kia in mandarin. :rolleyes:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can I ask how you got "wild" to translate to "huan"? I never heard of it.

What character did you translate from? Ye? Ye is read as "ya" in both hokkien and teochew.

In Taiwan's context, Huan ah actually means foreigner. Nothing to do with wild.

Tat mean my in-law teochew is trying to be funny? Cant be. Hes a Chinese Teochew. And Huan is Wild.

Juz curious...if it means foreigner, y such term apply to Malays only? Y not to Indians as well? U call the Indians Huan na? Yes No?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tat mean my in-law teochew is trying to be funny? Cant be. Hes a Chinese Teochew. And Huan is Wild.

Juz curious...if it means foreigner, y such term apply to Malays only? Y not to Indians as well? U call the Indians Huan na? Yes No?

Man you sure are one sensitive cry baby. Huan kia/huan nan means malay/ keling = indian. Period. Nothing offensive that's what you are called. Stop being a cry baby.

Nothing wrong in huan na. WP person called the malays that and nobody told him off. Only that asshole ptader the racist pappy dog in this forum made a fucking big deal about it. It seems like you're on ptader's side wanting to screw up the opposition over the smallest things.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes. Speak nicely n we can discuss (if time permits). Minus those 4 and 7 letter words.:rolleyes:

Boy you sure are a sneaky POS. Anyway it's cool china ppl are coming in here. The speak mandarin campaign was quite successful. In future when mandarin gains an even stronger foothold don't complain when the chinese ppl cannot even understand 1 simple malay phrase.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
...... and the fucker ignores the entire speech and just picked out a term he used to desscribe the malays. Did he even mean to be offensive? of course not. Cannot believe ppl are having this discussion.

This is chicken feed.

There are many other examples, who picked out only (a) "rule of law" (b) "coalition" (c) WP contests only certain constituencies based on his embarrassingly lame demography analysis and most recently (d) WP proposing 5.9M when Pinky proposed 6M last year.

Lucky most people are NOT equally embarrassingly stupid to believe them.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal

Huan is base on 番. Huan ar( 番仔) simply means indigenous in hokkien. Use the same character 番菜 (vegi). 番号(number). 番薯 (potato) .How does wild apply here?

It not applicable to Indian because they are not indigenous people. Just call them keling will do.

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Boy you sure are a sneaky POS. Anyway it's cool china ppl are coming in here. The speak mandarin campaign was quite successful. In future when mandarin gains an even stronger foothold don't complain when the chinese ppl cannot even understand 1 simple malay phrase.

Haha...why would i complain. I oreidi have Plan B up my sleeve. Come 2030 and we will see whether u and ur children still belong to the 60%. And dont come here and complain abt FTs Ah Neh ya.:rolleyes::biggrin:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am not unfamiliar with teochew, but I never said I am a 100% expert in teochew or any language. Similarly, no one including your in-law has perfect knowledge on any language. Whether your in-law got it wrong is up to you to find out. Whether I am wrong, I leave it to people here to judge.

Things always have a origin and reason. It's like arguing why is "manpower" used when it also includes women. Your point is? You think this term is derogatory but want it to be extended to Indians as well?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Haha...why would i complain. I oreidi have Plan B up my sleeve. Come 2030 and we will see whether u and ur children still belong to the 60%. And dont come here and complain abt FTs Ah Neh ya.:rolleyes::biggrin:

Hahah see how stupidly you had to sneak your way out gets angry at dialect term of how Malays are called so hopes more ppl use mandarin instead when Singapore already has so many china ppl so ppl do speak mandarin and fewer ppl are speaking in dialect. Hopes fewer ppl speak in dialect cos the term they used to describe Malays is "offensive" SMH. Stupidest way to look at things.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Things always have a origin and reason. It's like arguing why is "manpower" used when it also includes women. Your point is? You think this term is derogatory but want it to be extended to Indians as well?

U mentioned Huan ah mean foreigner. Indian oso foreigner. Am i right? Y specifically address the Malay as such?

My point is why can u guys address the Malay as Malai-lang?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hahah see how stupidly you had to sneak your way out gets angry at dialect term of how Malays are called so hopes more ppl use mandarin instead when Singapore already has so many china ppl so ppl do speak mandarin and fewer ppl are speaking in dialect. Hopes fewer ppl speak in dialect cos the term they used to describe Malays is "offensive" SMH. Stupidest way to look at things.

Even 100% Chinese speak mandarin here, i bet u would still use such dialect term on the malays lah..

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need character. Juz tell me is Huang Wild in chinese dialect??

When u address a Malay as Huan Na, u mean u show them the character writing?:rolleyes:

In hokkien, wild is call "ya" (野). Huan itself doesn't have any meaning and need to combine with other characters to form meaningful sentence.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In hokkien, wild is call "ya" (野). Huan itself doesn't have any meaning and need to combine with other characters to form meaningful sentence.

ppl are not chinese and he's easily offended btw. Any small thing he will get angry when it involves malays and it isn't even offensive.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Good point here. That's the whole problem of this thread. Assholes nit picking and trying to find offense when there is none. Can you imagine a thread started by some feminist getting offended that it's called history and not "her story" manpower when woman also assist so it should be called womenpower. OMG she would be told to STFU and flamed jiak lat yet here we are having this discussion over small stupid things like this. I was correct in that any small thing in singapore done by a chinese can be called racist. IN future all chinese need to bow their heads down like dogs before it isn't racist anymore and i can bet some chinese dogs would love that.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why do people call Indians "keleng"? Same logic.

Yes, why not? It's good to start.

Hmm....Indians may not like it. We have to respect them.

There were once i address my Indian Hindu colleague as "Mamak". He dont like it. I dont know y. So nowadays I address them as Ah Neh or Thambia..

Yes. Its a good start. It has to start fm somewhere. Call us Malai-Nang (teochew). Juz like how the cantonese call us Malai-Yan. :smile: